6 months in - 55lbs lost. Not bad for a 64yr old!!

Options
13»

Replies

• shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good job.....Slow and steady can win the race......especially for those not faint of heart......Age is not a problem!!! Keep on keeping on....you are making great progress!
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I Think that is wonderful for you! I am 63 and you inspire me.
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I"mm 66 and starting to lose again so know the challenges. I walk plus I also joined a gym YMCA and to keep motivation up joined some group classes.
  • VickyJo68
    VickyJo68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow well done! If you hadn't have said I would never guessed you to be 64!
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    Wow great job congratulations on the weight loss:)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    That's right! Awesome job. I reached my goal at 50 and I'm still maintaining at almost 52. Dang right it's not a young persons game, actually I'm finding we blow them young ones out of the water! LOL
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm sneaking up on sixty myself. Just because we're older than most of the folks here is no excuse for not getting the job done. If we stick to our calorie target and exercise, we'll lose weight. Simple as that.
    Congratulations on a job well done! Keep inspiring us all.
  • gillief1
    gillief1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Gilly,
    I'm so pleased for you. Can you give me any advice. I am 51yrs old, have a metal hip, I have just entered menopause and quit smoking 6 months ago. I don't want to make excuses but feel like since turning 50yrs old I can't seem to lose any weight. I do walk quite a lot and have been achieving the correct calorie intake or just outside some days. I thought about resistance band training to build muscle as this is supposed to increase fat burn but not sure it would do any good and I'm not sure what excersises to do with the band.
    I would be grateful for any advice you can give, even if it's just to tell me what you've been doing.
    thanks
    Gillyf1 :smile:
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    55 lbs is awesome! you are one sexy mama :D what an inspiration! Keep it up!
  • capie123
    Options
    Your my hero! Have had A SET BACK BUT GETTING ON TRACK TODAY! I'm using food log and getting use to manuvering this site.
    I,m 75 and have always struggled with pounds but will never give up. I have about 20 I'd like to lose. Have just had my apartment renovated. The stress was awful but results wonderful.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to people of any age! You've obviously learned what works for your body and you are listening to it, rather than fighting it. I find that is the best approach! :) Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!