Older, fat, nurse looking for friends for health journey

Options

Replies

• jammet80
    jammet80 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    32 yr old nurse working on losing weight and changing my lifestyle!
  • jamacrae
    Options
    I am a 24 year old surgical RN, have been working as a nurse for a year and 3 months. I have just began to notice the weight creeping up on me since I started in this profession. Add me if you like.
  • tiffany1226
    tiffany1226 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    LTC nurse, 24, mom to a 5 year old and a 9 month old. have about 50 more lbs to go....:) lost 37 so far.
  • Bessfish
    Bessfish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Mary Beth and am 47, work night shift in a transitional unit. I am here, started logging on the 26th, it is hard especially when I am up for 24 hours. Trying to be physical every day even just walking my dogs.
  • judybug1970
    Options
    I am not a nurse but I am looking for friends to help me on my journey as well. Anyone feel free to add me. I am a 42 year old stay at home mother right now but I am going to college online at University of Phoenix. I am will have my degree in March or April and would like a new body, and outlook on life when I get it.
  • Monique122082
    Options
    hi all I'm Monique!!! I'm looking for some new friends with positive attitudes and energetic spirits. we are all in this weight loss boat together lets inspire eachother.
  • Mrsmomrnmima
    Mrsmomrnmima Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    30 + years of nursing, 100+ excess lbs. No excuse, obviously my education gave me the tools. Just bad choices. I excercised once, my heart rate went up, my BP went up, I became diaphoretic, and short of breath. I quit just in time! Anyway--pick me, pick me!
  • reweldt
    reweldt Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you can add me
    love the discussion you started
    HIIT
    Rita
  • kimisue88
    Options
    Hi...my name is Kim...been on this roller coaster of losing weight for about six months...lost 30 lbs...but just got back to doing myfitnesspal again...I need to lose 100 lbs also.... six years ago I was about 430 then lost 100 on my own...then this past Jan started losing 30 more...now trying to lose again after getting side tracked...you can do it... start out small then increase alittle at a time....I have set goals this time and rewards...hoping to reach my mini goal of 10 lbs by Oct 1 ..
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am a nurse too! Gained most of my weight during nursing school and while working (I was required to flip 7p-7a 7a-7p... it didn't help that my co-workers were basically pastry chefs.

Finally getting close to my goal. We can do this!
  • lorenecarol
    Options
    I'm also a nurse.. 53 years old and have struggled with my weight for 35 years.. I'm wishing to lose 50 pounds but I'm sure I'd feel better with even 20.
    I've also joined the Y to get some exercise -- I like it once I get there but it's a challenge to make myself go.
    You can be proud of the weight you've lost, and take it a day at a time. The first goal is keeping off what you've lost. I know I always want it to happen fast.. but even a pound every couple weeks is 25 pounds a year!
    hang in there,
    Lori
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm a 23 year old nursing student. I will be graduating next spring and I would love to be done losing and working on maintenance by that time. It seems like nurses are often so unhealthy and I don't want to be that way as a nurse. I want to a role model for my patients as well as my coworkers =]
  • tishad58
    tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    54 year old nursing student- 8 months to go!! :)

Lost 11 before MFP- and 18 here in ten weeks. Counting calories, eating clean, some workouts. I have been meticulous about eating and logging... Not so much about working out due to lack of time/access. I am also a work study at school and work alternate weekends at a nursing home.

Always glad to have new friends!! Feel free to add. :)
  • nurseceejai
    nurseceejai Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me too. Mom/Baby nurse for 25 plus years.Anxious to hear from anyone out there:
  • maryriddles
    Options
    Labor and Delivery nurse age 63. Up and down in weight 1000 times in my lifetime. lol Up at the moment but want to be down.
  • Leo_Joy_HG
    Leo_Joy_HG Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm a 22year old healthcare assistant (auxiliary nurse). I did start my training to be a Child health nurse but ended up leaving uni with no degree and bulimia. Now largely recovered, i'm looking to loose a little weight and find a healty me. But i'm really struggling with shift work!

Feel free to add me
  • notmac
    Options
    I have been a nurse for 24 years, after 15 years of evening shift I have been on day shift for 6+ years. I work 3 days a week, 12 hours shifts, in a NICU. Like all of you, getting breaks is difficult, and meals are hard to figure out, when I am at the hospital during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sometimes it is hard to even get a bathroom break, as I am in a small community hospital, and I can be at the mercy of someone coming to let me out. I think it is great that we can support one another, and get healthy. We can best take care of our patients, when we take of ourselves.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nurse, but am in the same boat as you! I'm 59, want to lose about 130 lbs., and welcome new friends. Anyone can add me if you like. I'm a good motivator and will give you a good swift kick in the rear when you need it! haha :bigsmile:
  • slarkin57
    Options
    Hi, not a nurse but a slightly pudgy GIS tech (= sit all day at work) with cholesterol issues. I need to lose 15 lbs.
    Just started out & need motivation to get up and get my tush to the gym in the morning.
    This can be challenging since insomnia is poblem. I find that if I can just get there, the work will get done. I'm a Foodie so have resisted calorie counting until recently.
  • Jacksy57
    Jacksy57 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am not a nurse, but looked after my mum, so you can add me.