To those that joined in January 2012........

Options
I was just wondering how all of you guys are doing?

I've realised that as of tomorrow, it is exactly 8 months since I decided to try to get my weight under control. I've done ok, but it seems A LOT longer than 8 months. Hoping to hit goal by mid December, though I haven't decided what the actual number is yet, probabably 140lbs (5ft 4).

Where did you all expect to be by now? I personally thought I'd have made it to goal but optimism is a wonderful thing....It keeps us going.

If anyone wants to share pics of their progress and success, or would like to have a moan as it all went a bit pear shaped, it'd be lovely to hear from you.

Replies

• sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I didn't join here in January but I started my weight loss in January (found MFP later) I'm doing ok I think I've lost 45 pounds so far (20kg or 3 stone 3 whichever you prefer lol) I think I could be a little further but I've plateaued so I'm changing things up to boost the weight loss again. :)
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey sleepy

That's a great loss, well done. I've found the summer to be quite hard going, with being off work and having kids at home all day so I know what you mean about the stall in weight loss.

I am thinking of trying the 30 day shred once school re-starts but I've barely exercised all year.... I am a bit scared of doing some damage to my legs though lol. I keep watching it and just shake my head....

Good luck with the switch up!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I didn't join here in January but I started my weight loss in January (found MFP later) I'm doing ok I think I've lost 45 pounds so far (20kg or 3 stone 3 whichever you prefer lol) I think I could be a little further but I've plateaued so I'm changing things up to boost the weight loss again. :)

Same! Lost about 7-8lbs from Jan to Feb before deciding to join MFP.

I also thought I'd be done by now...but clearly I am not as good at fighting off cookies as I thought I could be.

Whatever, lifestyle change right?!

I had plateaued recently and decided to up calories since I felt I was hungry more than I should be then the weight starting coming off again (also hat tip to 30DS with helping break the plateau).

But more than anything, I am so pleased with my muscle. Starting this journey, I wanted to lose weight, didn't even give thought to muscle mass. But that's what I'm proud of, my guns, my ab outline, the strength of my legs and shoulders. Gotta lose a bit more for more definition to come through =) Good luck everyone!
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Since January 18, 2012, my ticker tells it all :)
  • WendyFlynn
    Options
    What an inspriration, I will definately try to do more than just WATCH the DVD... well done!
  • WendyFlynn
    Options
    Since January 18, 2012, my ticker tells it all :)

Wow, just wow lol, AMAZING!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I joined in January of 2012. Happy to say that I met the goal I set a couple of weeks ago. I am happy and feeling great with my 50 plus weight loss. My family wants me to stop now but I'm considering 10-20 more pounds. It's nice to go in any store and buy clothes. I like comments like you are going to dry up and blow away. I know that my weight will always be a battle and I will have to be careful about how many calories I consume. Right now I'm steady with my weight and it seems I can maintain this weight. I have a great picture taken a year apart but can't figure how to post.
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Sorry... I am a bit slow lol xxxxx
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey sleepy

That's a great loss, well done. I've found the summer to be quite hard going, with being off work and having kids at home all day so I know what you mean about the stall in weight loss.

I am thinking of trying the 30 day shred once school re-starts but I've barely exercised all year.... I am a bit scared of doing some damage to my legs though lol. I keep watching it and just shake my head....

Good luck with the switch up!

Thanks :) Jillian does scare me haha but her exercises work so cant complain too much lol

(also hat tip to 30DS with helping break the plateau).

I have the 30DS I'm just not very consistant with it haha
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Like you I have the summer off. The good thing was walking 3 1/2 miles every day. The bad thing was the off time thinking about food. But I made it. In May I lost 4.9, in June 3.1, and July 6.4. I did pretty good overall. I really miss the time to exercise since my days are so busy.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 1st 2012 and went on an all-inclusive cruise 2 weeks later!!! Ha ha I didn't have MFP internet access so I fell behind.

I reached my goal July 6th. It was a slow and steady wins the race situation. I never deprived myself of anything but there were days I was quite disciplined, especially on Bootcamp days. My trainer told me I was the most motivated and strongest in class.

I will still be around for years to come because I need to maintain my weight and I know I can't do it on my own. I NEED to count calories because I can't do things by eye.
  • WendyFlynn
    Options
    Sorry... I am a bit slow lol xxxxx

Slow and steady is good.... I've been losing 1lb per week for me since March - as long as we're heading in the right direction that's all that matters - you're doing really well x
  • WendyFlynn
    Options
    Rebecca, I wish I could tell you how to post pics, I did it once and boy it took hours!

I know what you mean about the comments, but at the end of the day, it a personal journey and as long as you stay within a healthy weight range, go ahead and lose the pounds you want to!

You look great btw, well done.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd be at my first goal and working on my second, which probably would have been another 10-15 on top of my first 36 lb goal. I had no idea about plateaus and whatnot.

But slow progress is better than no progress
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Like you I have the summer off. The good thing was walking 3 1/2 miles every day. The bad thing was the off time thinking about food. But I made it. In May I lost 4.9, in June 3.1, and July 6.4. I did pretty good overall. I really miss the time to exercise since my days are so busy.

Off topic but...what race track are you at? looks like a short track.. I'm a big NASCAR fan too. I find I'd eat less at my race weekends than I did otherwise...
  • WendyFlynn
    Options
    I will still be around for years to come because I need to maintain my weight and I know I can't do it on my own. I NEED to count calories because I can't do things by eye.

Me too, sometimes it scares me to think I will be counting calories forever, maintenance frightens the life out of me BUT..... MFP make me accountable and I can't do that on my own.

Well done everyone for sticking at it, I may post again in December to see where we all are after nearly 1 year! x
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Started at the beginning of Jan., too. I wish I were further along. Too many picnics and get togethers. I have lost 55 and I have a good exercise regimen with swimming. Sometimes I think I need to sew my moth shut. I have at least 45 to go. Some of you are so dedicated. Kudos to all of you.
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Mine started with a Biggest Looser contest at work. In December some ladies at work got it started and I joined in. It was great motivation and I WON! We went by body percentage and I lost 32 lbs, which was about 11% of my total body weight. It's been a slow-go since the contest was over. The best part is that I haven't gained any of it back. That was my biggest fear that I would go through all that just to swell back up again. I've started back up again and lost another 5 lbs. I hope to loose another 20 before next January.
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I started mid/late January, not because it was a new years resolution, but because it just happened to be the right time to make a life change. I had no expectations as to how much weight I would have lost by now so I'm happy with my successes. I've recently found it difficult to stay within my limits and am considering changing from 1 lb /week loss to a 1/2 lb.

I am still determined to get to my goal weight because it's not just about me, it's about my kids and wanting to watch them grow into adults and make life choices for themselves.
  • unsivilized6
    unsivilized6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started Jan. 10th of this year with a goal of losing one hundred pounds. I hit my half way point this weekend and couldn't be happier with my success this far. I still have a long ways to go, but I now know that it is possible!!

389286_10150667482356511_725820268_n300x400.jpg

IMG_4656300x4002.jpg