TELL ME WHAT YOU'D REALY SAY IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE....

Options
imchicbad
imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
Remember that one GUY/GIRL who totally blew you off because you werent skinny/fit/sexy enough for them:grumble: ...well you've been here on MFP now for a while- totally don't look anything like what you use to, you've been working out eating better- feel great, looking GOOD:bigsmile: , and here they come ( they might not even recognize you) now all of a sudden your on thier radar..WHAT!!!:huh: NOW TELL ME WHAT YOUD REALY SAY TO THEM IF YOU HAD THAT CHANCE/ or maybe you have....................:smokin:

Replies

• NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    "Sorry, do I know you?"
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't weight related, but I had a huge crush on this guy in high school. He was really nice to me, carried my books, gave me back rubs. Then when it was time to go to prom he said he had a girlfriend who goes to a different school. I thought he was lying, but whatever, we were done. Then years later after I was married I started a new job and there he was. He came over and asked me out. I told him I was married. He appologized a said he wished he would have stayed with me in high school. I quit that job but went home with the biggest smile on my face and the satisfaction of knowing that he knew he let a good thing get away. :bigsmile:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't weight related, but I had a huge crush on this guy in high school. He was really nice to me, carried my books, gave me back rubs. Then when it was time to go to prom he said he had a girlfriend who goes to a different school. I thought he was lying, but whatever, we were done. Then years later after I was married I started a new job and there he was. He came over and asked me out. I told him I was married. He appologized a said he wished he would have stayed with me in high school. I quit that job but went home with the biggest smile on my face and the satisfaction of knowing that he knew he let a good thing get away. :bigsmile:
    THIS IS AWSOME LOL!!!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I would smile politely, hold my head high, and give them a view of my marvelous *kitten* as I walked away.
  • fitdave69
    Options
    THIS IS AWSOME LOL!!!

On the pontoon...mmm motorboatin....
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You know what's so funny is when you see that guy and he's bald! hahahahaaha!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    "Thank you. Because of you I know what love is. Sorry it wasn't meant for us but I will always love you and I hope you're happy with your husband"
  • stargazer008
    Options

That must feel good! You go, girl!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a funny story or a comeback, just feedback. I wasn't very attractive/popular/anything in high school. Few friends, 5'3" and 140lb, raised by a single mother who became "disabled" and had no income, went to the prom alone, etc. Awful time of my life.

It took me a few years to get myself on the right track (on many levels, not just weight). I left the state and began to make something of myself.. By then MySpace and Facebook were coming around, and I'll never forget the feedback I received when people first found me. One of the big jock/preppy guys on the football team (sounds so cliche) completely spilled his heart. But at the time, I was already in a relationship (not that I would have dated the jerk anyway). Bittersweet.

I'm looking forward to our reunion in 2014. Although, I hope people are more mature these days.. I'm not really trying to rub anything in anyone's face.. Just prove that I actually had the potential to be something, and I followed through.
  • kindlewalker
    kindlewalker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was always fit when I was young. I wrestled in college. But I wasn't much of a partier or drinker, much more interested in working on something with people than just hanging out. So that really limited my appeal to most people, it still does.

But I have spent decades trying to fit in and only got anxiety disorder and 60 extra pounds out of it.

I guess I just have to accept that I am never going to be a partier myself, and find people who are okay with that. I don't dislike the very social people. I can have a good time with them when there is only one or two of them at a time. I just wish I hadn't tried to please them for so long. It is just not me.

I kind of hope when I lose all this extra weight I can bury the anxiety I have about not fitting in, but I don't really want to tell anyone off or make them feel bad because the couldn't see something special about me.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I would probably say hello ask how they were, and if they wanted to grab a beer to catch up. Any lack of response I got from "boys" when I was younger was really more my own fault than anything. I was very, very introverted and kind of weird.

Nobody wants the weird girl.

So I'd really just like the opportunity to show who I've become and all that.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Your gunna love this.. I went on a date with a goodlooking guy after we meet he says to me half way through our date "You'd to lose your *kitten* if anything was to happen between us and I'd need to ween myself into it if something did happen" A'hole ... so here's the kicker he looked like he was 6months pregnant so I said " I can always lose the weight but you'll always remain an ugly prick" and when I do hit that goal and look like a total knockout I'm going to message him again go on a date and say to him" I'm sorry but you'd need to lose your gut first if anything was to happen between us and I'd need to ween myself into it" sound familar hmmm and guess what I lost the weight and your still an ugly prick"

Hahahaha score for me
    Remember that one GUY/GIRL who totally blew you off because you werent skinny/fit/sexy enough for them:grumble: ...well you've been here on MFP now for a while- totally don't look anything like what you use to, you've been working out eating better- feel great, looking GOOD:bigsmile: , and here they come ( they might not even recognize you) now all of a sudden your on thier radar..WHAT!!!:huh: NOW TELL ME WHAT YOUD REALY SAY TO THEM IF YOU HAD THAT CHANCE/ or maybe you have....................:smokin:
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    WTF....How did you escape, errr, and why are you back......is that a gun in your hand.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I would give a :smile: and a :wink: and say "dont you just feel like an *kitten* now?" This is of course after I would make simple conversation and show a little charm. BOOYA!!!
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the rejection, it led me to the father of my child.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I've never wanted anyone who would reject me because of my weight. Once I know I'm too "big" for them they seem less attractive to me and I don't want them anymore. Because I don't want to be with someone who would only accept me at a certain weight.

Therefore, I'd probably say something like "and you are...?"

:laugh:
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    "geez you got fat!"
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Can't, always got the guy I wanted.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I saw "so and so", the other day, They REALLY look great.
  • OhKelsey1
    Options
    Honestly, I've never really told anyone off, but just the satisfaction of KNOWING they think I'm bangin' and wish they could have me is enough. :D You know you can just tell when someone's checkin' you out. I also love it when guys who would never settle down because they had so many options start looking at me and I've got all these options...