Cheating?

Options

Replies

• Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the point of counting calories if you don't even correctly put in what you eat???? If you are more concerned about being under your goal than actually counting what you eat, then you will never get anywhere...

How ridiculous!
    ^^^This
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the point of counting calories if you don't even correctly put in what you eat???? If you are more concerned about being under your goal than actually counting what you eat, then you will never get anywhere...

How ridiculous!

I couldn't agree more...:grumble:
  • Colexlovely
    Colexlovely Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Why would you do that. It defeats the purpose of using MFP. If you eat an extra serving put that you ate an extra serving. If you feel bad about eating it then do an exercise or something to make yourself feel better. Your cheating yourself by lying. I cant do it. Id feel guilty.. I definitely like to see what exactly I am putting in my body everyday.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    no why would i cheat myself with the portions then i would gain weight cause i would go over my calories
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    No I don't.
    What's the point????
    I mean, why bother logging anything at all if you are going to fudge what you're consuming?
    You are only cheating yourself and you're gonna go, why am I not losing weight, look my numbers are spot on.....just sayin'
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Nope...I don't cheat. If it goes in my mouth, I record it and the proper amount. I own up to my mistakes...and I am only human, right?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    oooohhhhh! That is a GREAT idea! :love:

Also, I am going to start jogging for 5 minutes and logging it as running 10K, because then I can eat ALL those extra exercise calories!

After all, we lose weight based on what our food diary SAYS, not based on what actually goes INTO OUR BODIES!

:flowerforyou:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    If I had 2 servings of pasta at dinner but it went over my cal, I will put in 1 1/2 servings or something.

Why?
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Very few people can see my diary. Why would I lie to myself. I know what you mean about being human, but it does me no good to lie to myself :).
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel the need to do this? You are only cheating yourself in the long run. I am here for myself, so good or bad I will log what I eat. I see no point in being dishonest with my logging.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't.

I can see where you're coming from, its irritating to be only a few calories over and get that told to all but still- it's the truth.

Have you tried pre-logging and organising your meals so that you know what and when you'll eat? I do so that I can work out how much I have to 'play around' with afterwards.

When I'm logging I always think- if I can't be honest with myself who can I be honest with?

I do this almost every day.
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    why cheat... your only cheating yourself at the end of the day and the only one your hurting is yourself by not been honest and you wont get the full benefit from it.. You shouldnt care too much about what others think if youve eaten over that day... I'm not perfect but if i go over i go over i just know next time to not eat that amount
  • RabbitFrogg
    Options
    No. You have to be honest with yourself. If you don't do it 100%, you're not going to get the results you want. Besides, do you want a 4 1/2 pack or a 6 pack?
  • missypoo1974
    Options
    I over-estimate my calories, is that cheating?

I do the same thing. I don't go overboard and I definitely eat enough. But if I don't measure exactly, I over estimate. Under estimating is what got me in trouble in the first place.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I log everything accurately so that I can go back and look to see how it affected my mood, performance, cravings etc. Whats the point of lying?? The only person worth impressing is yourself. :-)
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I log everything as I go, and usually over-do my portion size because I'm not very good at estimating stuff like that... however... I've I'm having cocktails I dont tend to log that because its too much hassle. I keep a mental note though that I've blown my calories
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance, but, I log everything. I don't see the point of using the system if I am not honest with it. I would only be cheating myself. My diary is private.
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    How can you cheat? Your body still knows. You can't fool physics.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Are there things you do to cheat? I log in every single thing I ate or drank but will tweak the serving sizes sometimes in order to keep under my calories. If I had 2 servings of pasta at dinner but it went over my cal, I will put in 1 1/2 servings or something. I know that's bad but hey, we're human, we're not perfect.

This is exactly why I pre-log my entire day the night before. Plan well, and you will not have to cheat to hit your goals. You're only cheating yourself.
  • Semperfione
    Options
    You do not have to cheat. If you go over log it. It is ok. There are several of us that go over our amount set, but that does not mean we cheat by eating more. It is ok to eat more if you need it. This is not a diet, it is controlling what we are eating in a better way than when we were eating out of control that made us what we are, or were.

So relax, log it as you eat it, and if anything be harder on yourself on the calorie intake than not, and still show it as over. Like I said, it is ok. you will more than likely lose the weight anyway going over as so many of us do, MFP is not perfect in telling us how much we should eat. Seriously, this is a fact.

Wishing you the best success, have fun here,

Rob :smile: