NSV...160 pounds gone, my own father didn't recognize me.

Options
13»

Replies

• babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    when someone asks "WHEN ARE YOU DUE??" -BTW.....never ask that--unless a woman is wearing a neon maternity shirt that is flashing 'BABY ON BOARD'...just sayin. How do you go onward and upward?

Jimmy John's sandwich shops were founded by an interesting fellow. They have numerous quirky and humorous posters throughout. One of the funnier posters lists the top 50 life lessons the founder has learned throughout his life.

One of them says something like:

Never ever say anything to a woman that might imply you believe she is pregnant unless you see an actual baby emerging from her at the time.

Almost laughed out loud when I read that one. The others on the list are pretty funny too.

LOL..it amazes me the crap that comes out of people's mouths!! I kid you not, a few weeks ago a friend of the family said to me (as I was holding my 20 month old), "So, I see you're expecting another??!!". AND IF THAT WASN'T BAD ENOUGH...when I responded, no, I'm not pregnant...she continued her verbal diarrhea of the mouth by saying, "Oh, so your still recovering from the last one then?". Gah!!! :/
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on doing souch a great job and making your dad's jaw drop! Great story!
  • rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    wow that is a huge success. congrats
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing young lady and you can definitely hold that over your dad's head for a longgg time, lol. Don't get discouraged, after a huge loss like that your body is likely regrouping, I've noticed that even though the scale stopped again for me a couple of months ago the clothes continue to get looser. So just keep on keeping on, you are so doing it right and the pounds will continue to creep off. All your MFP pals will be rooting for you no matter how slow or fast it comes off. Be patient, get used to the new you, then continue on the path you've chosen. Congratulations.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Just had a peak at your profile. You are amazing! I have stalled a bit these past couple months. It's reading stories like yours that help motivate me to keep going:flowerforyou:
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just had a peak at your profile. You are amazing! I have stalled a bit these past couple months. It's reading stories like yours that help motivate me to keep going:flowerforyou:

I am glad it helped!! That's what it's all about, right? To encourage and be enouraged when needed! :) And, really, it was a pretty funny moment! LOL

..and, thank you. When I look at old photos of me, I don't hardly recognize that person anymore. My youngest doesn't recognize me in old photos at all. He will never know me as "really big mommy"! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!