Do you have a home gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm the same way, I want everything to be in happy colors that match. I dont like it that everything is dark or dingy and my weights are in three different colors. lol. You can actually BUY paint for metal and plastic! so if you dont like the color of what you have...you can paint it which I've actually been considering. :D

Haha! Thought I might be nuts! I love that idea so much!

Honestly I think you've done a great job - here's to you enjoying time in your gym :)
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I've got one, I will take pics tomorrow
  • CassandraM22
    Options

Haha! Thought I might be nuts! I love that idea so much!

Honestly I think you've done a great job - here's to you enjoying time in your gym :)

Thank you! Nope, you are not nutty, unless we are both nutes!
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    I've got one, I will take pics tomorrow

I can't wait to see! :)
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    No particular dedicated spot at the moment but I do have:

- A cheap bench (will probably upgrade eventually, I'd be afraid to do heavier weights on this one than I currently have done)

- Exercise ball

- Three 8lb medicine balls

- Sets of dumbbells 8/10/12/15/20/25/30/35/40/45 pounds and plated adjustables for anything heavier

- Speed rope

- Agility ladder

That's about it.. I definitely need to pick up some olympic weights, a good bench, and a good squat rack sometime.

What is an agility ladder? I'm scared of squat racks they look hard and I'm super weak. I'm trying to build some strength but it's a long time coming for me I think.
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mostly, I just use my "home gym" in the winter. I have a second-hand treadmill (that works GREAT! got it for $100), hand weights, a really good yoga mat, and a large selection of work out DVDs, everything from Rodney Yee and Stott to Jillian Smith. It's not even a dedicated room, but it's all I need to do the job.

In summer, I bike and kayak and walk and run and hike and am a serious organic vegetable gardener.

It doesn't have to be expensive! If you can't afford a cardio machine, get a skipping rope! Seriously!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Jealous...... if I had any space at all I would totally be buying a squat rack, bench, weights, etc. That would be so nice to just work out at home.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    What is an agility ladder? I'm scared of squat racks they look hard and I'm super weak. I'm trying to build some strength but it's a long time coming for me I think.
    Get a lesson from a PT who knows powerlifting on squatting, well worth learning. Not hard to do once you have proper form, and you can even start with a broom handle!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    You bet I do! I live in a remote place where there are no gyms nearby... so I built one in my basement! Love it and use it everyday!!

Here are the pics (although they are not recent):

tvwall.jpg

treadmill.jpg

smith.jpg

The most recent picture... you can see the chin- up bar mounted on the ceiling (with my assistance band :P)

p90X.jpg

Bring IT!
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    No pix either but my "home gym", which is located in the bedroom, is temporary since I will be moving soon. Currently have a 65-cm exercise ball, 4-lb medicine ball, exercise mat, two sets of Cap Barbell dumbbells, one smaller set of dumbbells, and a set of resistance bands. Mountain bike sits upstairs in the garage.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'll try to get a pick later so I can show those wi small spaces how to do it.

I have medicine balls, a stability ball, dumbbells that adjust, push up bars, yoga block, a mat, and a roller in a large decorative chest in the living room. I have a pull up bar in my office. I workout in the morning and run at night. That's it. Easy peasy.
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    You bet I do! I live in a remote place where there are no gyms nearby... so I built one in my basement! Love it and use it everyday!!

Bring IT!

LOOOOVE your gym! :) The mirrors are awesome. I need to get some mirrors! :)
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    I'll try to get a pick later so I can show those wi small spaces how to do it.

I have medicine balls, a stability ball, dumbbells that adjust, push up bars, yoga block, a mat, and a roller in a large decorative chest in the living room. I have a pull up bar in my office. I workout in the morning and run at night. That's it. Easy peasy.

Can't wait to see your photos!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    We are just starting to put one together in our basement. We have the whole basement to work with so it has HUGE potential, I will try and take pics tonight and post them.