Best Method For Ungodly Amounts of Fat Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    I will not argue my point. Just talk to any nutritionist. You could also read "The new encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding" for more info.

1) Nice deadlift.

2) That book is great for a reference to different lifts for various bodyparts. The nutritional section is AWFUL and full of misinformation. I've got two copies of the book and it's just plain outdated and wrong. Research has thankfully progressed beyond most of the gym dogma that still gets passed around.
    Ah another voice of reason. Dude you sure we are twins?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been at it for 3 weeks so far on my 100 lbs weight loss challenge- and I have lost TWENTY ONE lbs. How you ask? Low Carb, moderate fat, high protein diet + Intermittent fasting. You have one large meal a day (1200-1800 calories), or 2 semi-large meals a day and you FAST from the last meal to the first the next day (at least 16 hours). You will lose fat and maintain muscle exclusively on this protocol, I swear. Don't let myths such as Starvation Mode and "starving yourself" get to you. I fasted for 72 hours, went to the gym, and still had peak energy/strength/muscle tone/mass. This is the future of dieting- and best part- it's not a diet, it's a LIFESTYLE.
    I don't know why on earth you guys are challenging this method. He SWORE. I'm doing it all wrong.
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The thing is- I eat at a calorie deficit when I IF. I don't pig out. I have a 1300-1600 calorie meal and THATS It, so it is also a VLCD. I doubt the weight is water weight because I almost went down a waist size and losses are becoming noticeable. I didn't mean to start an argument, but I'm just saying what I do that works
  • smaschin
    Options
    no offence.

You are 18, you have 100lbs to lose (at 18 ?) and you been doing it for 3 weeks.

you dont know what works, period.

Peace
  • K_Train450
    Options
    Considering I lose 2-3 lbs a week, I'm pretty sure I found what works for me
    Lolwut
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Lolwut

Whats low carb in your opinion?
    Keto?
    Diary is hidden.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You are a young male, you could've done almost anything and lost that weight in 3 weeks. I lost 75 lbs in 3 months eating a moderate carb diet, no fasting, weight lifting and oh I could barely walk at the time due to a knee injury. Can I replicate that now? Not really, I'm a few years older and the initial weight loss is always the fastest.

If it works for you, good.
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Lolwut

You have your age in your favour actually. God... to be 18 again!! I'm pretty sure I could drop 4lbs a week at 18. In fact, when I was eighteen, I struggled to keep weight on! But the other thing in your favour is that you have quite a lot of weight (you said 100lbs) to lose. The first 30-50 will be easier than the last 50, trust us. Then let us know how well your plan is working.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Lolwut

You wont be able to sustain that plan for life though, and once you introduce carbs again & go back to eating normally, you'll regain the weight, no doubt about it.

I lost 50lbs and maintained it for a year and a half eating about 180-200g of carbs per day, and I'm a 5'5 female! Eat more whole foods, move more, and eat slightly less every day with an aim to lose 1 to 2lbs of FAT per week, THAT is what always works time and time again.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Lolwut

You have your age in your favour actually. God... to be 18 again!! I'm pretty sure I could drop 4lbs a week at 18. In fact, when I was eighteen, I struggled to keep weight on! But the other thing in your favour is that you have quite a lot of weight (you said 100lbs) to lose. The first 30-50 will be easier than the last 50, trust us. Then let us know how well your plan is working.

This is what I was thinking. After you've don't this, say, 3 months, I would like you to come back and tell us about each 4 week period. One of two things will most likely happen. You'll either go crazy eating only once a day and need a change or your weight loss will slow down and you'll wonder why you're stalling.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    OP the thing to look at is if you have a large amount of fat to lose and you want to look great at the end of your road, don't bastardize someones program.
    If you are following Lean Gains (you aren't BTW) you'll lose the fat and gain lean mass.

You already do both of the insulin resistance breakers.
    You lift heavy and you fast.
    Going low carb will probably hinder your progression TBH.
    Eat high carbs on lift days.
    Eat low carb on rest days.
    PR ever time you lift till you cant then deload.

Low carb high fat all the time will probably backfire on you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The thing is- I eat at a calorie deficit when I IF. I don't pig out. I have a 1300-1600 calorie meal and THATS It, so it is also a VLCD. I doubt the weight is water weight because I almost went down a waist size and losses are becoming noticeable. I didn't mean to start an argument, but I'm just saying what I do that works

When you lose water weight you also get smaller, mainly in the waist area as that is where a lot of it is stored.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think its doable, but I'd worry a lot about droopy loose skin when you are finished

I wish people won't be so worried about things loose skin...being healthy is much more important.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think its doable, but I'd worry a lot about droopy loose skin when you are finished

I wish people won't be so worried about things loose skin...being healthy is much more important.

+2 I would take some saggy skin and stretch marks over being almost 300 pounds instantly.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    My body has reacted better to the smaller meals throughout the day compared to 3 squared or large gaps in between.

So has mine, but I find that a psychological (easier for me to control my diet and appetite) rather than a physical (I don't feel overall more energetic on an average day) effect.

As far as meal timing goes, things that work for some do not work for others. My wife goes nuts at the fact that I have a snack at 8-9PM pretty consistently. She's convinced that anything eaten after some arbitrary point in the evening will immediately turn into fat that cannot be burned off. There's a lot of pseudoscience out there about meal timing, but the simple fact is that we're all special little snowflakes and any meal timing appears to be more psychological than physiological for most people.

When you find a meal timing that works for you, it works for you. And that's great. But the key is to be openminded and experiment with various things until you find what works for you.
  • K_Train450
    Options
    Thanks for your help everyone. The thing about this method being sustainable is this- I do not feel restricted at all, and I believe o have found the protocol that works best for me. I plan on eating low Carb the rest of my life, and I always plan to eat at a calorie deficit, so the assumption that I will "gain weight back" is alleviated a bit- although stopping intermittent fasting could be a concern (but VLCD should counterbalance this). I thank you all for your advice!