Needing New Snack and Lunch Ideas...help!!

Options
FutureMrsWarby
FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
I've been losing weight for almost a year...and food is getting...boring. lol here are some typical lunches and snacks for me:

Snacks:

String cheese
fruit cups
fruit snacks
rice cakes with cream cheese wedges or peanut butter
some raw veggies
100 cal popcorn
greek yogurt and almonds

What other snacks could I eat?

Here are my typical lunches:

-Bag salad kits
-tuna on bread thins
-lunch meat on bread thins
-mini pizzas made on bread thins or english muffins

What else is there? I admit I'm a little afraid to try new things so that is part of the problem, but I suppose I'm just having trouble thinking of what to eat.

Replies

• lilkayaker
    lilkayaker Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas or carrots with some hummus.
    meal replacement shake.
    clear brothy soups make great lunches.
    Get creative with salads and make your own.
    sushi!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same for snacks, also add nuts or protein bars if I can fit them in calories wise. For lunch it is always salad for me,but if I'm in need of a change I will do oatmeal and nuts, homemade soups, or a white egg omelette. If I am out and about I also flip flop my snack and lunch times ie. snack at noon and lunch at 2PM.I just make sure I always eat a protein with any carbs like popcorn and a non fat cheese stick or a rice cake and peanut butter(my fav).
  • lilkayaker
    lilkayaker Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Monday thru Thursday I have an OM protein shake with almond milk for lunch and on Friday I will "Splurge" and and have a slice of pizza, homemade salad, sushi, or leftovers.
  • dlpoisson
    dlpoisson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi - I work during the day so I bring my snacks/lunches to work. I eat almost anything and everything, but tend to eat the same core items:

Snacks:
    Banana
    Oatmeal
    Almonds
    Kind Bar
    Wholly Guacamole (100 Calorie Pack) and 10 Wheat Thins (new snack)
    Shakeology
    Eat Part of my lunch

Lunches:
    Portion controlled Dinner Leftovers
    Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
    Lunchmeat Sandwiches
    Spinach, Edamame, cherry tomato salad
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on protein shakes and smoothies made with unsweetened almond milk, or frozen coffee drinks lately.
    Lunch either leftover dinner or salad or sammies.

I could eat the fresh express pear gorganzola every day of my life, but more local store stopped carrying it.

a handful of peanuts are my go to snack, or quaker quakes in cheddar. or blueberry or pomegranite.
  • krystleeanne
    krystleeanne Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • itsjilly
    Options
    I make a crustless Quiche with Bisquick.

Depending on what your putting in it, it can be as low as 125 cal per serving, or more.

The basic recipe is half a cup bisquick, 1 cup of milk 2 eggs or egg substitute. mix together and bake in a 9inch deep dish pie.

So whatever else you want in it. We add chicken and spinach, or bacon, broccol, ham and cheese, or an all veggie one....

My 3 year old eats this like candy, I also make in muffin tins for a quick snack
  • FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Depending on what your putting in it, it can be as low as 125 cal per serving, or more.

The basic recipe is half a cup bisquick, 1 cup of milk 2 eggs or egg substitute. mix together and bake in a 9inch deep dish pie.

So whatever else you want in it. We add chicken and spinach, or bacon, broccol, ham and cheese, or an all veggie one....

My 3 year old eats this like candy, I also make in muffin tins for a quick snack

this sounds way awesome!! thanks!!
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Snacks
    FF/SF pudding
    SF Jello
    Light yogurt
    Plums
    Cottage Cheese and tomatoes

Lunch
    Rotissier chicken
    Brown rice with salsa
    Green giant for ones broc, and cheese
    pairs
    Pita with chicken
    just heated up chicken
  • partywicks
    Options
    I am planning on making lasagna with zucchini instead of noodles and that will be good to take as leftovers. I am planning on making a ton of different salads. Chicken taco salad, strawberry feta salad, pear walnut salad. I'm hoping with all the variations it won't be too mundane.
  • JCKKB374
    JCKKB374 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That crustless quiche sounds FABULOUS!!!! And I even have some of that Heart Healthy Lowfat Bisquick in the house! THANKS! Any chance its in the food database?
  • pceurvels
    Options
    What is an OM protein shake?
  • mwalker73
    Options
    I've been eating a ton of cucumbers thanks to the garden flourish. I like sugar snap peas as well. Special K has those chip thingers that you can have an obscene amount of for 110 calories.

As far as lunches go, I usually make a pot of soup on Sunday as well as leftovers from the week's meals. My husband and I have changed our diet mostly with portion control and changes to the way we cook things. It's amazing how easy it became to stay under my calorie goal just by browsing the healthy section on epicurious. Of course, I found a summer cobbler for under 300 cal per serving and have been eating that for breakfast...
  • mclarkin75
    mclarkin75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am still figuring out snacks?

Lunch
    Pita with veggies and Greek dressing
    Melba rounds and laughing cow with veggies
    Melba rounds with spinach dip( homemade reduced fat)
    Salsa, light sour cream, black beans, shredded cheese(light) and baked nacho chips
    Asian salad ( mandarin oranges, salad wontons, homemade Asian dressing, snap peas, spinach) add chicken or almonds for dinner
  • Kimmy136
    Kimmy136 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

This reminds me of a Bisquick recipe my mom used to make when I was younger. I'm definitely going to give this a shot. Thanks for sharing!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    my fav snacks are: boiled egg, carrots n hummus, pretzel thins, whole grain bunny grahams.
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    snacks:
    nuts
    fresh fruit
    dried fruit
    hummus & crackers
    popcorn (microwave plain corn in a paper bag!)
    special K muesli bar
    carrot sticks
    cruskits with hummus/cream cheese
    diet coke
    frozen yoghurt
    yoghurt
    lite icecream
    ginger nut biscuit.

PASTRY FREE QUICHE:
    They are great! You can throw in whatever you have in the house. (CAN MAKE IN MUFFIN PANS FOR A PERFECT SNACK SIZE :-) I use this recipe:

4 eggs
    500g of cottage cheese
    veges and meat if you want

Whisk eggs. Stir in cottage cheese. I dry fry the meat/veges then stir in. Line a dish with baking paper generously. Pour in and bake about 35 minutes. I am not a big egg lover and hate cottage cheese but love this! It is soooooooo filling and great with salad. I do find I have to sort of drain the excess fluid off 5 mins before cooking has finished and then I drain it on a cake rack. It is even better cold! I sometimes make it with 2 eggs and 250g cottage cheese. Tonight I have put in bacon, onion, peas, corn, grated carrot and capsicum.
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm switching up my salad my making and using new dressings. This week it's sweet onion. :)
    I also make a ham/cheeseburger salad - ground browned scrambled hamburger meat over lettuce, tomato, onion with ketchup, mustard and cheese on top. It's actually really good.
    You could always wrap your salad in a tortilla- then it won't feel like salad. It'll be a wrap! Also try cooked veggies with couscous.
    I agree that soup is also a winner.

For snacks: I look for weird fruit in the supermarket to try. Also the shakes everyone is talking about. I like GNC's Lean Shake 25. Very filling.

Thanks for the quiche recipes!
  • michay
    michay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cdn_Dot
    Cdn_Dot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    HI, I understand completely, there are some days where I am stumped as to what to have for lunch and snacks at work. And that is when the cafeteria calls my name.
    I have 2 snacks during the morning while I am at work, the first one is usually 1 cup of fruit with 3/4 cup of yogurt. Second break I am having a kiwi and half a large muffin.

Those quiche ideas sound amazing and I will definitely try them