bladder issues!

Options
I can't drink a lot of water because i seem to go a lot. I got up 4 times lastnight.

Does anyone else have these issues? I want to drink more because i do get thirty but it's a pain!

Do the doctors do anything about this kind of thing? I'm young so surely i shouldn't be having issues lol

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    if you drink a lot of water, you go pee! Simple as that!

Just drink it early in the day and start slowing down at night so you don't wake up.

Also, I don't know if it is true or not, but it seems like I read something recently about your body can only absorb so much water per hour, so if you drink a gallon in 10 minutes, it is just going to pass through, but if you drink it over a few hours, you absorb more of it... Might look into it, my memory is a little foggy this morning!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I drink lots during the day but stop a few hours before bed so I don't have to get up :smile:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant? With my first pregnancy I was up to pee several times during the night, from quite early on.
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It depends..pregnancy is always a possibility as is drinking too much. I had this problem and ended up being diagnosed with Overactive Bladder Syndrome which doctors CAN treat. Now with medication I can sleep all night. If you're truly concerned try NOT drinking a ton of water an hour before you go to bed. See if that helps. If it doesn't..see a Urologist.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It might be worth having a consultation with a urologist to rule out overactive bladder, which can be treated. But it could just be the simple fact of: you drink more, you pee more. If the latter is the case, your body will eventually adapt and you won't necessarily be going as much.

(I myself have MS and have neurogenic bladder issues, including something similar to overactive bladder, so I need to see my neurologist and urologist regularly to try to keep everything under control.)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Don't drink so much before bed, maybe?
  • haylz247
    Options
    Thanks guys. It does get spaced out and i try and stop about 6pm. I hate going to the toilet lol

and no! I'm on the pill even though i know you can get pregnant on it lol. I drank barely anything the other day and hardly went.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I drink lots during the day but stop a few hours before bed so I don't have to get up :smile:

This^^^ I pee at least twice an hr. Lol It's also getting in a lil more exercise. :laugh:
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    The more you drinkle the more you tinkle..

Seriously just as some one else said drinkless as the day winds to a close and pee before bed...

Sometimes I have nightmares about peeing ( I drink around 120oz of water a day and pee a lot ) and wake up having to pee. Since I turned my liquid intake down to about 8oz around dinner time and sip on a little water in the evenings I am good to go..

Be Right back have to go pee now.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    if you drink a lot of water, you go pee! Simple as that!

Just drink it early in the day and start slowing down at night so you don't wake up.

Also, I don't know if it is true or not, but it seems like I read something recently about your body can only absorb so much water per hour, so if you drink a gallon in 10 minutes, it is just going to pass through, but if you drink it over a few hours, you absorb more of it... Might look into it, my memory is a little foggy this morning!

i've started drinking a lot of water again. if i gulp a glass down i have to go quite soon. i usually dont drink water or tea to close to bed so that i dont wake up.

But yup, you drink, you pee! Pain in the *kitten*!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I've always had bladder issues. I think mine is smaller than most people's. I can't sit down to a meal, leave the house or go to bed without peeing first. I wake up several times during the night. and it makes exercising for extended periods very uncomfortable. So frustrating!

Most likely it is just be the extra water, but if you are concerned, see your doctor. Frequent urination is a symptom of many things, diabetes, pregnancy, bladder infection, kidney disease, interstitial cystitis (my brother had this)...etc.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

Sometimes I have nightmares about peeing ( I drink around 120oz of water a day and pee a lot ) and wake up having to pee

HA! So do I! I thought I was weird. But maybe we both are. It's gotten to where I recognize a "gotta pee" dream and wake myself up from them.

*** In Response To the OP,I heard sometimes it takes a few weeks for our bladders to get used to it... Mine never did, though, just got worse and worse and worse, until I was diagnosed with a 'fallen' bladder, from multi pregnancies, and had a mesh
    Lift. It is beyond awesome!
  • haylz247
    Options
    Don't drink so much before bed, maybe?

i don't. It's during the day
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Ever since I was a kid, I go to the washroom at least twice in three hours. More when I drink lots of water. Gotten quite used to it actually. I was checked a couple of years ago since I feared I had some bladder issue or diabetes LOL, but the doctor said I was fine, my bladder was just a little too sensitive to the slightest pressure.
  • haylz247
    Options
    I know the feeling! I've always had bladder issues. I think mine is smaller than most people's. I can't sit down to a meal, leave the house or go to bed without peeing first. I wake up several times during the night. and it makes exercising for extended periods very uncomfortable. So frustrating!

Most likely it is just be the extra water, but if you are concerned, see your doctor. Frequent urination is a symptom of many things, diabetes, pregnancy, bladder infection, kidney disease, interstitial cystitis (my brother had this)...etc.

yeah i think I'll go see someone! I drink about 5 glasses a day. I think i had 3 the other day and didn't pee much but that's not a lot of liquid
    It's horrible. I'm shattered today because of it. Plus it disturbs everyone else
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I drink almost 100 ounces a day and sometimes I will wake up during the night to pee, but if I drink the majority of my water before 7pm and then just sip on a cup or two, I'm good for the night. Maybe give that a try?
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    More water equals more peeing O_O

As for getting up at night, you know how most people with small kids limit their drinking after a certain time of day? Try doing that. Stop drinking a couple hours before bedtime.

it's not a bladder issue though.......
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I find if I'm consistent in how much water I drink, my body gets used to it (2 - 3 days of 100+ oz) and I have to pee less often, though for longer when I do pee lol. It's on the weekends when I don't get in as much water then go back to drinking the proper amount that I have issues. I do drink the majority of my water during the day though.
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I really should log how much I pee for how much I drink. But yeah, couple times an hour's about right. It's the cost of drinking this much. I drink between 32 and 64 ounces of water every hour most days. Generally I pee, refill my water glass, and go back to the computer, and usually before I sit down again I do a yoga pose or some basic exercises. I feel much better if I drink a lot of water, so I drink.

I WOULD like to go to the doctor and see if I have some (more) hormonal issues, but this is America, and these things cost money up front.
  • anwilson_83
    Options
    happens to me every night even when im not pregnant and i have no clue why. and it dont matter if i drink 2 cups a day or 10 cups a day of water i still do it. think im goina ask my dr about it soon because its interrupting my sleep too much lol