Girls - favorite jeans?

Options
I need a nice pair of jeans for family pictures in a few weeks (in DisneyWorld!). I currently like INC jeans, in curvy, because they actually fit my waist. However, I'm in between sizes right now, which makes the bigger size too long. So, I'm looking into other brands. I like Loft jeans too, but I want something a bit hipper. Don't like Gap or Old Navy at all and they don't fit well.

What's your favorite, and where can I find them? For stats, I'm 37 and a size 12 and need a 'curvy' type fit.

Replies

• kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My daughter has a curvy figure and she like the jeans at Maurice's if you have that store near you!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I like the Diva cut skinny jeans at Old Navy
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Miss Me, I get mine at The Buckle.
  • cheskax
    cheskax Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was VERY surprised with Lauren Conrads jean line at Kohls. I felt a bit teeny bopperish trying them on but they fit perfectly.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Levi's Curve ID

Any Levis store or even Amazon sells them
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My favorites are actually Victoria's Secret. They have a couple cuts that are good for curvy girls, and the waistbands on most are cut a little higher in the back so there's no gapping.

Shipping can get pricey for just trying them out, but I know they usually have a free shipping and returns on pants&jeans sale a couple times a year.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    I love the INC. line! So far their jeans are the only ones that fit me just right. But I'm "bumping" this so I can get an idea as well.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The "Dory" jean from Seven For All Mankind is one of my favorites!!!! Also, the "Charlie" jean from Lucky Brand. I've got some BKE jeans I like too, but that's for the length, not the curvy fit.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I love LEI ..I can get them at walmart and they come in petite /short . They are my favorite brand of jeans..hug me in just the right spots
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Plato's Closet near you? While I'm switching sizes, it's hard for me to justify the cost of my favorite jeans - but I can usually find a good selection there (especially this time of year) and snag them for 30% of what they would cost me in a store. You can find Seven and BKE at the Buckle, or online. You can get Lucky at Dillards, but I buy mine at the Factory Outlet stores.
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    David Kahn's. They sell them at Nordstrom. I have a pair in my closet that I used to look fantastic in.... and I will look fantastic in them again!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Gloria Vanderbelt jeans fit me perfect - small waist, wide hips. They come in tall and petite. They're inexpensive. They come in all colors. They sell them at JC Penneys.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I like Sliver jeans they do far are the ones that fit me well and don't go baggy in the butt after a few wears. I get them at bootlegger. They have some other brands that are not to bad but I don't remember the name of them.
    Good luck!
  • wyodawn
    wyodawn Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the Levi's Curve ID jeans. I had to try a couple different ones before I found which curve I was but I was relieved to find a brand that understood that I have thighs & a butt despite having a smaller waist.
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love Not Your Daughter Jeans. Now they have them in all colors. They fit great!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    The more in shape I've gotten the more I've realized the importance of good jeans!! Why work so hard to look good only to buy jeans that make your butt look like mom-butt!!??? ;)

There is actually a blogger who went out to her mall one day and took photos of herself in lower-end jeans (gap and ON in particular) and then higher end jeans to show how much better your butt looks in better jeans. As I've lost weight a friend gave me a pair of Lucky jeans and a pair of Buffalo jeans and I love them both. The pocket placement on the rear makes your butt look good too. I recently bought a pair of Citizen of Humanity jeans and I like them and I've been trying on 7 for All Mankind as well and they have some great cuts.

All my my "higher end" jeans I've been getting lately have been from consignments stores, thrift stores, or re-sale shops so I haven't actually had to spend more than $20 on any given pair, either.

If you have the time, I would go to, say, a store like Nordstrom that carries some nicer jeans and try some on and see what feels and looks best on you.. My personal favorite right now are Lucky Brand boot cut. I feel amazing in them and I constantly get compliments when I wear them.
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Levi's demi curve
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) are designed for women - not hipless teenagers, and usually come with a panel to help hold in the tummy. They don't look like traditional "mom jeans" - and come in a lot of different cuts and styles. I love them! They are too pricy for me to buy new, but I've found them on eBay for very reasonable prices (I paid $5 for one pair!). As I transition through sizes, I refuse to pay full price for clothes. I love looking at consignment shops and on eBay.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Express jeans are the best!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Big Star and Miss Me. both at Buckle.... LOVE.