SEMTEX

Options
2»

Replies

• moominpoo
    moominpoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    iv actully just brought a pot of this so i will let you know if it works!

Please do!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just like every other supplement in the world, it's crap. If you want to accelerate fat loss, do heavy weight training, minimize cardio and eat lean whole foods and stay away from anything processed. End of story.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Just like every other supplement in the world, it's crap. If you want to accelerate fat loss, do heavy weight training, minimize cardio and eat lean whole foods and stay away from anything processed. End of story.

wish there was a 'like' button on MFP :-) too many people want the easy way out when trying to lose weight, and will believe anything that offers this, true or not!
  • Katie_JF
    Options
    I first heard about semtex on twitter. I saw a lot of good reviews and decided to give it ago. i'm 5ft 8 and currently weigh 9 stone 2. I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week.
    Ive been using semtex for just over a week now. From what ive seen on twitter results are supposed to be remarkable. Ive been following the instructions, when working out, I take 2 supplements 45 minutes before i go. On the days I dont work out I take 2 tablets a day, 4-6 hours apart. Although when being at the gym I have seen a difference in energy levels and I have been able to work out for longer periods of time I have not seen any difference in my weight.
  • em9371
    Options
    I first heard about semtex on twitter. I saw a lot of good reviews and decided to give it ago. i'm 5ft 8 and currently weigh 9 stone 2. I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week.
    Ive been using semtex for just over a week now. From what ive seen on twitter results are supposed to be remarkable. Ive been following the instructions, when working out, I take 2 supplements 45 minutes before i go. On the days I dont work out I take 2 tablets a day, 4-6 hours apart. Although when being at the gym I have seen a difference in energy levels and I have been able to work out for longer periods of time I have not seen any difference in my weight.

It's interesting to hear from some one who actually tried it rather than twitter users who may or may not be real!! I'd be interested to see if you get a loss in the next few weeks, keep us updated?
  • moominpoo
    moominpoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What I reckon is...even if these people are losing 5/7lb in one week, a lot of people lose that much when they first beginning eating healthily and exercising in the beginning ANYWAY. It's mostly water weight and would be achievable with or without Semtex I reckon.

I also have concerns about Guarana being a bit too strong as a stimulant and making you jittery/insomniac etc
  • em9371
    Options
    moominpoo, thats got to be the best username ive seen love it :-)

that was my thought exactly, I lost 5 then 6lbs in my first 2 weeks on here with no 'magic' pills, I guess people will believe what they want to and if they want to think it works, well good luck to them.
    Personally i think its a load of *kitten* and would never be tempted to try anything like that, even when I started on here with 100lbs to lose, there is no subsitute for eating healthy and exercising!
  • tnorth82
    Options

wish there was a 'like' button on MFP :-) too many people want the easy way out when trying to lose weight, and will believe anything that offers this, true or not!

Im glad you can lose weight so easily!

As I have said before, I too do lots of exercise but it doesn't move! I do cardio including spinning and body combat and I do weights as well as a body pump class.

Im not looking for an easy way out - no way! And am incredibly offended I am being accused of that!

I actually have polycystic ovaries and hormone imbalances, which makes it difficult to lose weight. Im prepared to try anything that will help, as well as eating right and exercising loads! It has taken me almost 8 months to lose 6lbs! After less than 1lb a month I think its time for a boost!

Im leaving MFP now, sick of this sort of negative attitude. Forums are supposed to be for support!
  • tnorth82
    Options
    Would be interested to hear any genuine reviews from MFP about Semtex. I am constantly seeing success stories on Twitter about it and all the website reviews are positive (which makes me ever so slightly suspicious).

From looking at the ingredients it contains Guarana which is a stimulant so no doubt it gives you energy which would make you workout more I suppose- not sure about it actually being a "fat burner". I am just curious though as have had a bit of a motivation lapse in the gym and would like to shed 4/5lb in Sept.

A lot of companies PAY people to post positive reviews, even when they have never tried the product. Too many glowing reviews is usually a red flag.

I wish they paid me!
  • em9371
    Options

As I have said before, I too do lots of exercise but it doesn't move! I do cardio including spinning and body combat and I do weights as well as a body pump class.

Im not looking for an easy way out - no way! And am incredibly offended I am being accused of that!

I actually have polycystic ovaries and hormone imbalances, which makes it difficult to lose weight. Im prepared to try anything that will help, as well as eating right and exercising loads! It has taken me almost 8 months to lose 6lbs! After less than 1lb a month I think its time for a boost!

Im leaving MFP now, sick of this sort of negative attitude. Forums are supposed to be for support!

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you specifically, just people in general who can't be bothered to work out and think a pill is the answer to everything, don't leave because of me, MFP is a good place. I don't find it easy to lose weight, I've worked my *kitten* off for every pound I have lost.
    I can understand that PCOS can make it harder to lose weight, but pills like these won't really help you, all they are is pretty much concentrated caffeine / energy boosters which may give you more energy to workout but will more than likely make you unable to sleep too. You are doing the right thing with eating healthy and working out, it may take a little longer because of your PCOS but it will shift eventually.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you specifically, just people in general who can't be bothered to work out and think a pill is the answer to everything, don't leave because of me, MFP is a good place. I don't find it easy to lose weight, I've worked my *kitten* off for every pound I have lost.
    I can understand that PCOS can make it harder to lose weight, but pills like these won't really help you, all they are is pretty much concentrated caffeine / energy boosters which may give you more energy to workout but will more than likely make you unable to sleep too. You are doing the right thing with eating healthy and working out, it may take a little longer because of your PCOS but it will shift eventually.

It's too late now, she deactivated her account, so I am going to lock the thread.
This discussion has been closed.