Pilates before or after cardio?

Options
So I've been trying to look up some stuff online about whether or not its best to do Pilates before or after a cardio workout and I'm getting a lot of mixed answers. I'm just wondering what your guys' opinions are. I myself would prefer to do cardio first and then Pilates. For one thing, I get my heart rate up and it stays up for the duration of Pilates. And for another thing, I love that cool down stretching of Pilates after some sweaty cardio.

But I'm wondering which order would be best for the best results. Some people are saying Pilates first and then cardio/weight training.

Replies

• chezmoss
    chezmoss Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For me I find it a great way to finish my routine, as I’m not very disciplined with my stretching.

Cardio first, then Pilates
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    I would say cardio first, then pilates
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I've done both - and I've found that it cardio works best first - I'm a little sleepy after Pilates :smile:
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    This answered exactly the same question I was wondering - going to my first class tonight :smile:
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm really lazy after running. I think most people do pilates after running, I do pilates then go for a run.