Fat and useless

Options
2»

Replies

• katesbeach
    katesbeach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I totally relapsed and gained back a ton of weight I'd worked so hard to lose. It sucks. But you did it once, you can do it again!
  • Determined518
    Determined518 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you are NOT fat and useless! don't listen to that nagging voice in your head! you are here, and for starters, that's a very big deal! you want to make a change. so you gained your weight back. it's happened to me, and to MANY of us here. i'd venture to say at one point or another, we've all gained some back. get back on the horse! remember what forrest gump said: *kitten* happens. you can either stay in the mindset that you'll continue to gain and what's the use, yadda yadda. OR you can stop it right there in its tracks and feed yourself with positivity, hard work, and determination!

we believe in you! in other news, is your birthday may 18?

Thank you. No, it is my son's bday.
  • Determined518
    Determined518 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am gonna try my *kitten* off.. (hopefully I liteally will lose some of my *kitten*. ) Lol
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Well, you made a great first step - you came back to MFP! I have a feeling this is a life-long commitment if I want to keep my weight off. I've lost and regained enough weight to create two other people. I want to keep it off this time. We've all backslid, so no judgement here. Just support. You lost it before, you can do it again. Now you've learned a valuable lesson about not continuing to log in.
  • megansoriano
    Options
    Aww, I am going through the same exact thing! I lost twent pounds and gained it all back. I started logging and exercising again a week ago. Its hard to get the motivation back when you have already failed the first time. I think if you just make up your mind to start over you will do great and because you already know how it feels to do so well and fail it wont happen again. So you will be stronger this time around. Good luck!
  • my darling girl....look at your user name....i know you can do it! keep up that determination, its wont steer you wrong!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    'My Own Sunshine' said it best, this is a journey of changing habits. The scale doesn't matter so much as eating healthy and exercising. I know how I got to 314 lbs, and I keep reminding myself how I don't want to be there again. Now down 114 lbs I feel so much better. I still have another 20-40 to go, but it's slow, and that's ok.

We all slip up, but we get right back to it. No one is useless either!! Self talk is the one thing you can change this instant. Don't put yourself down. Encourage yourself, I'm sure you would encourage your best friend, why not encourage yourself?