This morning: ONE-DERLAND!!!

Options
Merc71
Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
Posted this (and the pic) on my facebook, so here it is!

The journey began in December 2011, after yet another trip to my doctor for chronic back pain. He said the words: "A 40-yr-old man with back and knee trouble has no business weighing 240 lbs." Then I came down with pneumonia....I thought I was having a heart attack, but it was just enough to scare me into a weight-loss kick. An old friend from high school introduced me to www.myfitnesspal.com then it was off to the races! The weight came off slow and steady. Then some interesting things started happening -- the back pain and aching knees started to subside, my uniforms began to look extra baggy, bouts of depression/anxiety became far and few between, I had more energy throughout the day, I began wearing clothes that were too tight on me before but now fit just right, and then I started getting compliments at work! There was no turning back, and I couldn't believe how easy it was....just a small change here and there on my eating habits, and the weight came right off. No gimmicks, no tricks, no "crash dieting"....just healthier choices and staying disciplined, and this morning the scale read "199." I'm officially in ONE-DERLAND…a place I haven’t seen since my first tour of Korea in 1999. BIG THANKS to the community at MFP; to all of my comrades in 60th Ord Co for their motivation and support: and my lovely wife for always being there, for putting up with the squeaky treadmill in the middle of our living room, for clearing out our fridge & replacing the bad foods with good foods, and for loving me no matter what size I am.

I'm only 9 lbs away from my goal, I'll get there in no time. I just had to share this news with MFP, and there was no way I could've been this successful without this AWESOME site! To all those wanting a change, I say this – IF YOU DON’T START TODAY, ONE YEAR FROM NOW YOU’LL WISH YOU HAD!!!

386235_2406459418610_1383904013_n.jpg

Replies

• Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    w00t! Congratulations my friend. Awesome work!!
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching One-derland, and thank you for your miltary service. God bless.
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on that great accomplishment!! One-derland is definitely a place where a lot of folks on here are trying to get.

Also, I wanted to give a big THANK YOU from me and my family for your service!!
  • Cherrybomb2012
    Options
    congrats!!! :D
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :happy: .
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to one-derland!! great job!!
  • lulu3561
    lulu3561 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME!!! Congrats
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    congrats great job and glad you are feeling better I aspire to ONEderland as well and as I get closer I keep feeling better so I know you must be loving it
    again congrats and good luck and good losing
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • BRANDYGR8MOVES
    BRANDYGR8MOVES Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    congrats you look great:drinker: cheers to you
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep up the good work....And thank you for your service!
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your Service and welcome to one-der land
  • sissie2955
    Options
    Aweome!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching One-derland, and thank you for your service.
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss...and thanks for everything you do for our country!!!!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing and for pointing out your wife's influence and support.

ETA: and thank you ESPECIALLY for your service to our country! :D
  • Tracepa98
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing! Your hard work has granted you a very much well deserved trip to ONE-derland. I started my journey 2 weeks ago and Im so excited and cant wait for my moment as well.

Thank you so much for your service to us and this fine country. Enjoy your renewed life!! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That's awesome!
  • Kmelim
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome work. And...thank you for your service.

I have to agree...little changes here and there seem to be the ticket. I have found this trip a lot easier than any of the fad diets I have been on. I wish I had realized this years ago instead of in my 40's.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!