September (2012) Move Your @ss Challenge...

Options

Replies

• queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    So far so good. Walked 5.1 miles today with my dog. WooHoo!

exercise.png
  • jfoster85
    jfoster85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    9/4 - 3.3 mile jog

exercise.png
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    Joining again! Last month I didn't quite make my goal, but I was close... so this month I'm upping it to 70 miles. Again, this will only count my running miles--walks and yoga will not count in my goal this time around, but they will happen anyway.

For today, 9/4: 3.1 miles
    MTD: same

exercise.png
  • evolutionbyariana
    Options
    9/1: 9 miles
    9/3: 6 miles
    Today: 6 mile run :)

exercise.png
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options

exercise.png

Just did a quick 3.15 mile run before having a birthday dinner with my husband!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    9-1 rest
    9-2 rest
    9-3 5.1 run/walk intervals - flat
    9-4 3.1 run/walk intervals - hills on trail

total 8.2
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    3.84 miles riding today in sunny Vancouver Island

7.68/70
  • meinbc
    Options
    Joining in:
    50 miles goal for September
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    9/4 3.18 Miles on the Treadmill today

exercise.png
  • npitney1
    npitney1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Slow start, but at least it's movement...

exercise.png
  • buckeyegirl6973
    buckeyegirl6973 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    please add me...i need more motivavtion....set my goal at 50.:smile:
  • M00nbeam55
    M00nbeam55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    up to 14.89 miles now --

exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Terryeden wrote:
    Last month was my first month joining this group. Full of enthusiasm, I signed up for 70 miles. Sounded reasonable and doable for me. I started out great, but only lasted about 10 days total. Made it to around 21 miles, I think.

21 miles is better than zero, so I can look on the bright side there. *** It was 21.14 miles***:bigsmile:

However, I really want to attain something, after many years of setting goals and resolutions and watching them pass by the way side and my effort fizzle out.

I'll sign up for 30 miles for September. That's less than 50% of my Aug goal, but still almost 10 more miles than what I obtained in Aug. Hopefully I can/will achieve it.

The challenge seems easy at first, but it's not. Only one out of four starters reaches his/her goal, half of the people drop out. It will take your body some time to adapt until moving more miles becomes easier. Just make sure that you set attainable goals to prevent losing your motivation
  • gwhendrix
    Options
    Okay, I am in. I am going to go for 40 miles on the treadmill. It will be 40 more than last month so I think it is a good place to start.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i can't believe it is only day 4 of the month and we are already up to 455 posts...please please please keep an eye out for the thread to roll to part 2...there WILL BE A LINK AT THE BOTTOM of the last post to go to the next part......happy **kitten* moving friends...
  • bluiz13
    Options
    19barbara47 - just post your goal here to the thread and then post every few days to let dino know how much you have moved so he can update our spreadsheet....happy @ss moving...denise
    im new here so i need more info please,,,,an where do i put my #s at,,?? or are they read in our exercise log??
  • bluiz13
    Options
    here's the simple way......

5.03/40 miles complete....

this is what i do each time i post to the thread...no fancy tickers, no passwords to remember...no codes to paste lol....just post what you did over what you plan to do and voila.....your updated.....denise :)
    Go to www.tickerfactory.com and make the ticker.

I just copy and pasted the BB code into my post but I'm sure there's a simpler/automatic way of doing it.

Planning to get in a few miles today. Let's do this!!!

I would like to know the answer to this as well.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    no regrets....just keep pushing yourself...you still have many many days to come :)
    Beginning to regret my 100 miles target lol

exercise.png
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for a new PR, I wanna hit 177

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i'm in south florida - lake worth to be exact....woooohooooo to hurricane season and muggy sticky humid runs :)
    denise