Is my week still salvagable?!?

Options
So I had a baaaaadddd weekend food and exercise-wise. I ended up exceeding my calories by 939 on Saturday and 2339 on Sunday (yes I"m hanging my head in shame). It was the last long weekend so I completely indulged in too much food and too much alcohol. But I managed to dust myself off and get back on track yesterday and today.

However, I weigh myself every Saturday so I'm thinking that I am up by like a pound already. Is there a way to salvage this week and still show a weightloss?

I had 200 calories left over from Monday night. I only get 1300 calories per day so I can't drop it anymore. Even if I ramp up my exercise, I'm probably only looking at a deficit of 500 calories per day if I exercise everyday right - not enough to cancel out the weekend???

Ugh, feeling bad about myself and my lack of willpower!!!

Replies

• WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. The only thing you needed to do was get back on the horse and you have. So you already won no matter what the scale says on Saturday!:happy:
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What's done is done. Looking to cancel out the weekend is too big a goal, I think. But, you can make damned sure that the rest of your days this week are on target, so as not to do any more damage.

That said, you may be surprised at how your body deals with one binge in a blue moon.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i ate all day yesterday didnt log it but probably 3500 calories atleast compared to my regular 1800....got on scale this morning actually a pound down from friday.......only ran once all weekend..ull be alright
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Simple. Get back on track starting right now. You may or may not lose weight this week. That's irrelevant. What really matters is whether you create lifelong good habits.
  • jamiek5150
    Options
    just think of it as re-setting your metabolism and don't be so hard on yourself! just keep on going!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Of course your week is still salvagable...it's on Tuesday. Like someone else said, dust yourself off and get back to doing what you had been doing. You'll be fine
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    So you went over ~3000 calories and your daily deficit is 1000 calories? That means for the week you were still under by 4000 calories. Sounds good to me, that's still a pound and some.
  • celiason81
    celiason81 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That was me the weekend before. It was my daughters birthday, we went out a couple times and I just blew it. I just tried to make sure I did really well the rest of the week and didn't expect any loss. And I didn't, last friday I only lost like .2 lbs from the previous week, but I'm already seeing a close to 2 lb drop this week, so maybe that couple day binge actually helped out my metabolism!? Don't fret too much about it, consider it maybe a learning experience and move on. Good luck!
  • monkeyhandles
    Options
    We will all probably slip up sometime. The thing to do is to start over and keep going.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Don't try and "reclaim" those calories. Acknowledge it happened, sure, but treat every day as a new day and a new start.

I've tried to "save" calories in advance of a pig-out, and to "reclaim" them afterwards by eating less on subsequent days, or have logged things to future days so it doesn't look so bad... but I've come to the realisation that it's not a good thing to do, for me at least. When I start doing this it puts me into thinking "oh I can have that bag of chocolate, I'll just log it against tomorrow instead"... and then I end up doing that the next day, and the next... or I end up being really hungry and pigging out on the nearest sugary items regardless.

One day of over-eating isn't a problem, nor even two or three... it's a problem when it's every day or almost every day. That's the habit you need to try and break, or at least manage to very rare times, if you haven't already done so. Look forward, never back. That's what I'm trying to do!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and the fact that you got back on track on a holiday is a biggie. Pat yourself on the back for getting back on program. You will probably still lose weight this week, but even if you don't, don't be so hard on yourself. I am glad to hear someone else went over their calories as much as I did. It's a new week and we know what to do. You can do it!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    First, stop hanging your head in shame. Food + shame are not a good combination.

Second, this:
    So you went over ~3000 calories and your daily deficit is 1000 calories? That means for the week you were still under by 4000 calories. Sounds good to me, that's still a pound and some.
    You haven't ruined anything, you're still on track to lose this week, and even if you weren't: it's just one week. Get back on track now, and make the week count. Don't try to make up for it by undereating for the rest of the week, because that will just make you feel more inclined to overeat again. Just eat better today, and tomorrow... and try to eat better next weekend too. It's not the occasional meal, day, or weekend that makes someone obese, or stops someone from reaching their goals. It's what you do most of the time that counts.
  • Kmelim
    Options
    there is not shame. You know what to do to lose so if you took a couple of days off don't worry about it. If you don't lose weight this week...so what. Stop with the guilt. IT's a waste of time. You got right back on track so no issues.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you'll show a gain or loss this week, but my suggestion is don't get so hung up on one week. Look at the big picture. Even if you don't lose this week, you can still lose next week and the week after. Everyone has a bad eating day(s) now and then. It's just part of life. Move on.
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So I had a baaaaadddd weekend food and exercise-wise. I ended up exceeding my calories by 939 on Saturday and 2339 on Sunday (yes I"m hanging my head in shame). It was the last long weekend so I completely indulged in too much food and too much alcohol. But I managed to dust myself off and get back on track yesterday and today.

However, I weigh myself every Saturday so I'm thinking that I am up by like a pound already. Is there a way to salvage this week and still show a weightloss?

I had 200 calories left over from Monday night. I only get 1300 calories per day so I can't drop it anymore. Even if I ramp up my exercise, I'm probably only looking at a deficit of 500 calories per day if I exercise everyday right - not enough to cancel out the weekend???

Don't worry about the scales, yeah you have had a bad so what! Just crack on with getting back on track and like people are saying don't be hard on yourself. Keep smiling and stop beating yourself up! That's and order lol
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Just skip your weight day and weight NEXT saturday. No harm, no foul and no hurry. Just pick up where you left off and learn from your mistake.
  • cositas07
    cositas07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing..mine was the alcohol...just get back on track the rest of the week and we will be good...I hear its good to give your body a cheat day or like us weekend every once in a while..I havent had one in almost two months...till this past weekend...
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Just skip your weight day and weight NEXT saturday. No harm, no foul and no hurry. Just pick up where you left off and learn from your mistake.

I agree with this!! Give yourself a bit to reset. I went on a cruise a few weeks ago & went over often...I lost weight. Just deal with it & move on.
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm really impressed that you logged your binge. Give yourself a break. Drink lots of water and get back on program.
  • wendi105
    wendi105 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I'm overwhelmed by the wonderful words. Thank you so much. It's given me a focus. You're all right - it's a journey not a trip.

Thank you all!!!!