Avocados

Options

Replies

• evasangel758
    evasangel758 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love them on sandwiches, hamburgers, salads, fajitas. They are very versitile.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Spread it on a sandwich thin topped with turkey or tuna!
    yup or et them plain, I ate a whole one yesterday, and a part of one today on a sandwich!
  • mesee619
    mesee619 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,702 Member
    Options
    Spread on toast with some garlic salt. I hear in Mexico they are known as poor man's butter.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all those suggestions. I will definitely used the last one in a sandwich with some smoked turkey, but I keep all the other ideas in mind. Especially the chocolate-avocado milkshake. Sounds so yummy !
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I use mushed avocado in my sandwiches in place of mayo.

YESSSSSS this. the creaminess is just so good.
  • wonderwoman_72
    Options
    BLAT= bacon (turkey- 2 strips) lettuce, avocado (1/4 of it sliced) , tomato on a 100 calorie high fiber tortilla.... Spike seasoning
    218 calories 19 carb 12 fat 16 protein 11 fiber

southwest eggs= 2 eggs, 1T canned green chilis, 3 springs cilantro, 1/4 C chobani 0% fat plain greek yogurt.... scramble together and put on a 100 calorie tortilla with 1/4 avocado, sliced. Spike seasoning
    352 calories 20 carbs 21 fat 29 protein 11 fiber

I also make lime cilantro quinoa, top with 1/2 cup each corn and black beans, then dice half an avocado and put on top. Keeps me full for hours.

Avocado has loads of potassium (708.1 grams per cup)

The BLAT sounds yummy, have to try it!

I had a BAT yesterday. Leftover bacon from breakfast, sliced avocado, and a sliced fresh tomato from my garden. AMAZING!!
  • RutheMac
    Options
    Here's a recipe i've been wanting to try.

Avocado Breakfast Pudding (a.k.a. Vitamina de Abacate)
    serves 1 or 2

1 ripe avocado
    1/2 cup of milk
    1 TBS honey
    2-3 TBS of granola (or, as I used, crushed almonds)

Scoop avocado into a blender (or cusinart). Add 1/2 cup of milk. Add the honey and blend until smooth. Garnish with granola or almonds. You can also chill for about an hour for a refreshing coolness.

I also like to eat 1/2 an avocado drizzled with a little honey.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Make a chocolate milkshake out of them. Trust me..

I usually put half an avocado, a cup of almond milk, a tablespoon or two of Stevia in the raw, a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a few drops of vanilla extract, and some ice in a blender.. you barely taste the avocado but have the thickest, creamiest chocolate shake imagineable for way less calories than a regular chocolate shake!

Insane combo - I'm trying it tonight

I am low on calories today so tried this, adding a tablespoonful of almond nut butter too, and did not need any sweetener. Yummy!
  • bretattx
    Options
    They are awesome sliced up and put a little salt or peper and eat plain. Or slice and eat on sandwiches. Down here(TX) they put Avocados on everything to incl eggs, toast, in soups (really good), or any dish that needs a healthy sweeter taste.
    Hope that helps!
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Let it get ripe and spread it on bread instead of butter with a little bit of salt. Delicious!
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Let it get ripe and spread it on bread instead of butter with a little bit of salt. Delicious!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I bought two avocados in order to transform them in a delicious guacamole for my birthday party, but I was short on time and they are still sitting in the fruit jar.

Any ideas to incorporate them in my diet this week ?

Sometimes I make "easy guac" by just smashing up the avacado and sprinkling garlic salt on it.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    1. Put them in a salad
    2. Spread them on a tomato sandwich
    3. Put them in an omelet
    4. Eat them on crackers
    6. Spread them on a burger
    7. Put them in chicken or tuna salad
    8. Slice tomatoes, cover with pieces of avocado, enjoy a snack
    9. Put them in stuffed peppers
  • helenzback
    helenzback Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Some great suggestions here... I too will be trying out some of these.
  • tlovesthesun
    Options
    I just made a salad with a bunch of aragula, a diced avocado and a handful of cherry tomatoes (homegrown, so proud of them ! ;) ), and I mixed sambal oelek and lime juice for the dressing.

It was fabulous ! Thank you much for the suggestion. :)
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I Love to spread avacado on an english muffin with an egg and laughing cow light cheese wedge, so yummy! I also add it to salads, or spread on sandwiches, put on tacos and on crackers....yeah I love avacados :love:
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all that talked about eggs with avocados!
    (never thought about that)

I was inspired to make this for the family today...

I did mine with poached!

Avoadopoachedeggs.jpg
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Dinner for tonight - avocado sushi salad

1 pkg. Fake crab sticks - cut in chunks
    11 oz lox, cut in small squares
    3 cups [Japanese measure - I think 6oz] raw Sweet rice - cooked in rice cooker and cooled
    2-3 sheets Nori, cut into approx. 5/8" square
    2 avocados cut into small pieces

Throw into bowl and mix together

salt if you insist - but its pretty high in salt already
    wasabi - if you want

Not to be considered as a way of losing weight unless you measure your portion carefully - but as a family treat its great