What's Your Opinion On Olive Oil?

Options
2»

Replies

• Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I use it, it's a healthy fat. I also do not restrict my calories to a low-calorie plan. I eat at least my BMR per day, generally shoot for a little over especially if I have exercised....and I love me some good fats!
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's the best oil to use for low heat cooking.

If you are going low carb, you need to increase your fats by a lot. Because what else are your choices? Protein? All low carb plans include a lot of fats. :ohwell: You need them!

Exactly! You need energy from somewhere, so make friends with healthy fats. Olive oil is amazing. Use it!
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    FYI... I'm low carb (on my way to Primal/Paleo eating) and keep and open diary. Feel free to friend me for any ideas.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I love olive oil.

The benefits of the oil out weigh the calories in it IMO.

I use it for everything.
  • smaschin
    Options
    Shes OK but i wouldnt kick Jessica Rabbit out of bed to get to her ;-)
  • MissFitVee
    MissFitVee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all ,Try fry light, it comes in olive oil, sunflower oil,smokey bbq and better than butter, they also do a ceasar salad dressing at only one calorie per spray (",)
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You havent tried proper olive oil until you have tasted the unbeliably tasty and rich Pure virgin olive oil from Morocco! Seriously its soooo not like that we buy from the stores.

mhmm, just the memory of the last time I had the real stuff makes my mouth water yummi!
  • K_Train450
    K_Train450 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Haha sounds good :)
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Use it, eat it, love it!

^^THIS^^

Fat does not make you fat! I use a tablespoon of olive oil almost daily and I regularly eat avocados and nuts. Good fats have been shown to help with weight loss and bad cholesterol. Fats also make you feel fuller longer and give you a sense of satisfaction so you're prone to eat less overall. I've modified my diet so I can afford those good fats numbers wise and I'm almost down 41 lbs.