Need healthy Breakfast and lunch Ideas

Options
Hello, I really need some tips for breakfast and lunch. Eggs and salads are getting old real quick! Help anyone?

Replies

• Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with cereal mixed in (I like Kashi Honey Flax Almond or a lowfat granola)
    Oatmeal & fruit
    High fiber english muffin with nut butter of choice and milk (or even better a latte)

I like to do a bento box style lunch - bits of different things like fruits and veggies, cheese, crackers, hummus, leftover meats, homemade chicken salad stuffed in a tomato (use greek yogurt vs. mayo), pizza on a flatout wrap, etc. I also enjoy a nice veggie burger from time to time (Boca or Morningstar farms). How about a burrito - lowcarb or high fiber tortilla with ff refried beans or mashed black beans with shredded chicken, veggies of choice, and a little cheese (maybe some salsa and ff sour cream on the side)?
  • jfogarty45
    Options
    Eggo's Nutri Grain Low Fat waffles with chunky applesauce
    Pumpkin Muffins(spice cake mix, canned pumpkin, and cinnamon chips if you want) mix together and put in muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 min. Check by inserting knife.
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dbyfield
    Options
    For lunch you may want to try baked chicken or fish and any type of green veggies.. I always like fish and asparagus.....
  • locherm
    locherm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually get a instant oatmeal in the bowl already usually about 200 calories pre measured out and fill u up pretty good. plus that little bit of suger to calm the sweet tooth.
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin!!! Just in time for fall. Do you only use the spice cake mix and pumpkin mix? No oil, water, etc?
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Muffins(spice cake mix, canned pumpkin, and cinnamon chips if you want) mix together and put in muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 min. Check by inserting knife.

Pumpkin!!! Just in time for fall. Do you only use the spice cake mix and pumpkin mix? No oil, water, etc?
  • Lindylaloo
    Lindylaloo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites, black beans, hot sauce, and spinach. Season with Garlic Pepper. Like a mini, healthy omelette!
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal with a spoonfull Peanut Butter (the sugar-free Brown Maple Sugar goes well with this). Or some sort of whole grain (english muffin, half a bagel, toast) with peanut butter and honey.
  • moultonh1
    Options

Nothing else, the liquid in the canned mix will work just fine!
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Low calorie quiche

3 eggs
    peppers
    mushrooms
    onion
    100g fat free cottage cheese
    seasoning.

Very yum and you could pretty much have anything in the quiche what ever you feel like. Put into round oven dish on 150' in the oven for about half an hour. Really delish, add some salad. Healthy lunch and great to take to work too. I have this alot :0)))
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    bump
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like to do oatmeal in the morning with some fruit, or cottage cheese and fruit. I alternate between those and eggs.

I too grew tired of salads, so I came up with a healthly one bowl lunch that I make at the beginning of the week and portion out to take to work. I use 1/2 cup of cooked bulgar wheat, a cup of chopped grilled eggplant or grilled squash, 4 ounces of cooked ground turkey and I add some chili paste to give it a kick. The whole container is only 275 calories when made with zucchini. It gives you a complex carb serving, a serving of lean protein and a vegetable serving; plus it keeps me full until dinner.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have steel cut oats every day.
  • mama2mila
    Options
    For breakfast today I had oatmeal with a spoonful of pb and a chopped banana. Filled me up til lunch! I love sprouted grain toast w/ pb as well, but my favorite is the green monster smoothie from skinnytaste.com.

Lunches; I generally have leftovers and a salad. My go-to if we don't have leftovers, is a baked sweet potato with a salad. YUM!
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like making fresh spring rolls. They're really easy to make (and the rice paper is really low in calories). I usually put lettuce, shredded carrots, avocado, and shrimp in mine...but you can add anything you want!
  • meledo85
    meledo85 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! Thanks for the ideas:smile:
  • meledo85
    Options
    For breakfast today I had oatmeal with a spoonful of pb and a chopped banana. Filled me up til lunch! I love sprouted grain toast w/ pb as well, but my favorite is the green monster smoothie from skinnytaste.com.

Lunches; I generally have leftovers and a salad. My go-to if we don't have leftovers, is a baked sweet potato with a salad. YUM!

Thanks for the ideas, I get so caught up on the same old stuff that I start to lose interest in eating healthy
  • meledo85
    Options
    I like to do oatmeal in the morning with some fruit, or cottage cheese and fruit. I alternate between those and eggs.

I too grew tired of salads, so I came up with a healthly one bowl lunch that I make at the beginning of the week and portion out to take to work. I use 1/2 cup of cooked bulgar wheat, a cup of chopped grilled eggplant or grilled squash, 4 ounces of cooked ground turkey and I add some chili paste to give it a kick. The whole container is only 275 calories when made with zucchini. It gives you a complex carb serving, a serving of lean protein and a vegetable serving; plus it keeps me full until dinner.

Thanks I printed this out and will give it a try sound good. Plus I won't have to worry about lunch for the week! Thank you, Thank you!