Plantar wart

Options
I have one on the bottom of my foot that is killing me, does anyone know of a quick way to get rid of it? or treat it?

Replies

• going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    duct tape
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    lol duct tape!
    I used to get these, I would dig them out with sharp things and tweezers. That's probably not good advice. I think there is something to freeze them off, ask the pharmacist?
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I had a real painful one and nothing OTC worked - even duct tape. I had to go to a podiatrist and get them to shave it down first, then try the OTC stuff again. It worked after that.

Depending on how bad it is, you may not have a choice. Try the OTC stuff, try duct tape, but if you don't see improvement, it might be so deep that the medicine isn't actually getting down to the root and a doctor may have to shave it or remove it. Ask about shaving it down first b/c I hear that the removal is painful and takes awhile to heal.

Good luck!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yep, freeze em.
  • hijude57
    hijude57 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My Dr. actually says duct tape!
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    There are these little band-aid things at the pharmacy you put on them that make go away after a few weeks! I think it was Dr Schol's brand, not too sure.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I had a bad, BAD case of them from the pool this summer and I am proud to report that they are all gone! I used a straight razor to (very, very carefully) shave the tops off. I then applied OTC salicylic acid and covered them with the wart cushions you can get at the pharmacy and duct tape. It took a long time, but they're gone! Good luck!
  • star7092
    Options
    freeze them
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    my podiatrist would freeze them. There is some plantar wart freezing medicine from Dr Scholls I think it is.
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    duct tape really works. my kid had a few and that is what the dermatologist did
    get an emery board and rough up the top of the wart just a little - put a square of duct tape over it and if you want or if it will help keep the duct tape on, put a bandaid over it. keep the duct tape on 24/7 and slowly the wart will go away. Its a little bit of a process but it doesn't hurt, totally non invasive, no cuts, no scar, super cheap. One dr said the only real purpose of the bandaid over the duct tape is to keep people from asking why you have duct tape on you. lol
    it works.
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Wart stick (available at Harris Teeter) then duct tape it.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    duct tape, and or hand sanitizer when ever you think about it
  • MurphTurph5
    MurphTurph5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had one at the bottom of my foot that was painful! The wart kind of has a callus type covering to it, what I did was take nail clippers and gently try and remove the top layer. If it hurts, stop. I then bought OTC plantar wart remover. Not the liquid, the circle bandage type. It took a little while but it did go away and it hasn't came back.
  • bbuff101
    bbuff101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Struggling with this now as well. You should take this very seriously. I started with one (from the gym floor I think) and it turned into five over the last four months. 1. Wear flip flops everywhere in your house (or socks), 2. Don't re-wear any socks and if you go to the gym at lunch, keep up with which sock is on each foot and put back on the same feet, 3. Use a mixture of bleach and water to clean your shower and sandals maybe once or twice weekly, 4. Try to use a shower no one else uses, 5. Get duct tape, tweezers, salycillic acid, and maybe a knife. Seems drastic, but you have to go to war on these things, making your body as inhospitable a place as possible. Don't cut them out, you may scar and cause more to show up for the rest of your life in that location (kind of like pimples tend to do). Just pare the wart gently with a knife, use a lot of benzoyl peroxide on your feet and alcohol on your instrument (and hand sanitizer). Apply salycillic acid to the wart only and then cover with duct tape. I like to put socks on over the duct tape, cause it helps keep it on (it doesn't like to stick sometimes). Over time, the wart should fall off due to the lack of oxygen, the acid, and the irritation of the adhesive in the tape. Preventing this from spreading is huge, as this is very contagious. I've definitely become a germaphobe because of this and wear socks or flip flops everywhere.
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Get a doctor to use liquid nitrogen on the wart. I don't even bother with the other tricks since liquid nitrogen will always kill it. The wart will bubble up, peel off and leave a scab but it will always be gone.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Duct tape is NOT a joke. It actually works. It triggers an immune response and causes your body to kill the virus that causes the wart. Leave it on for 6 days, and take it off for one day. It may take a couple of months, but it works. My daughter had one and we tried this--it WORKS, and it's cheap and painless.
  • Bernabrook
    Bernabrook Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    duct tape? no way!
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    different from regular warts. I used pumice daily to shave them down. I hear removal is painful more so than the plantar wart
  • SMiller074
    SMiller074 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had one for a long time, I treated it for over a month or two with Compound W liquid. But I did find that if I consistantly shaved it down with a mild pumice I didn't have any pain at all, even though the wart was still there. I was able to make it through super long standing shifts and work, and even 3 mile walks to work without even feeling it.
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    duct tape? no way!
    duct tape! yes way!