I agree
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    counting calories
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For now at least, it's riding my bike. I just ride around the neighborhood for 20-30 minutes (plenty of elevation change involved) and it seems to fuel my loss... if I'm stuck, the day after a ride I start creeping down every time. I'm sure that won't last as I progress toward my goal, but for now it's kinda funny to see the correlation!
  • dandaninc
    Options
    Booze.
  • ryan3140
    Options
    sunflower seeds shelled. if i get a strong craving i just pop a handful in my mouth and that usually takes care of it until i can prepare a meal. Also the same thing with almonds.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    dDrinking half my weight in water and protein shakes mixed in almond milk. I like Nature's Basic Plant-Based protein powder from Sprout's in chocolate. The nice, chocolate flavor helps me to not crave sweets.
  • Pricanma13
    Pricanma13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Keeping in my retainers...i can't snack if they are in. So i am forced to drink water all day. Have to chose between nice teeth or randomly snakcing due to being bored.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Determined, Dedicated and Disciplined!!! 95% of the time ;-)

Quote thanks to Ernestine Sheppard :-)
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well my secret weapon for those nights when I'm up late and start to get craving for something sweet is.... nail varnish! Noooo I don't drink it ;) I paint my nails. It takes focus away from my craving, makes me feel good about myself to make my nails look nice and plus the smell of nail varnish is strong and off-putting. On top of that, with my nails drying I can't exactly go rooting around for food can I - I'd smudge my gorgeous nails!
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ketosis..... I realized it keeps me on track. There is no cheating when eating ketogenic and if I do, I have to start all over again. I guess it's more of a mental thing with me.
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Patience.

^^Love it.
  • eeyor1970
    eeyor1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exercise over 30 minutes a day. Fat Free Cool Whip - frozen(I use it like ice cream which saves me a lot of calories). Veggies and fruit at every meal. Eat veggies first and fill up on those, then have the meat. These are just a few things that seem to work for me. I had lost 25 lbs. but have gained about 8 back. Trying to get started again.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    As others have said... waterwaterwaterwater!

... but also dedication. My biggest motivation and key to success is to 'stay on the wagon' regardless of how some days are better than others. I will never give up.. & having that sentiment has changed my life! :-)
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    SLEEP! If I am tired, I crave snacks and drag through workouts. I need more sleep since I started counting calories. Also, if I am awake fewer hours, I have fewer hours to eat! I also have to agree with the "booze" answer. Red wine after dinner keeps me from wanting to eat at night.
  • selfmedicated2
    selfmedicated2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Planning/preparedness. For me, it's all about having the good, low-glycemic options available and then there's no temptation to eat stuff that's bad for me!

- I go grocery shopping 1-2X/week and make sure my fridge is loaded with lot's of fresh veggies and low-glycemic fruits. On Sunday nights I cut up tons of veggies (usually red/green pepper mixes and cucumber) and make "snack packs" with a sandwich bag filled with fresh cut up veggies and a cheese stick in each. This is a crunch/protein combo that satisfies me so much, and I have one of those snack packs as a mid-morning snack and one in mid-afternoon.

- Also, I cook every 3-4 nights and have leftover roasted vegetables, lean proteins (fish, chicken, turkey taco meat, etc.) available to throw together a quick dinner after a late night at the office or the gym.

- When I know I'm going to be out-and-about (running errands, at a movie, etc.) for a few hours, I keep a little bag with 12 almonds to kick the hunger.

- I keep a huge variety of green tea bags at work and use 2 bags/day (mixing up flavors/varieties) and constantly refill my travel mug with hot water throughout the day (using each tea bag 3-4 times so that I'm drinking flavored hot water by the end essentially).

As long as I have good options at-hand, it makes staying on my 1300 calorie target easy!! Plus, I should admit that staying with low-glycemic foods keeps me from getting massive, unbeatable cravings.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My secret weapon is accepting the fact that there is no secret weapon. Portion control & patience.......
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    - Cravings are mostly based on flavor, not hunger, so low calorie drinks can usually satisfy them without doing any damage.

- Sleep. If you don't sleep enough your body will want more food to stay awake.

- Walking. It burns a decent amount of calories and reduces appetite a bit.

- Ice cold water.
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Move more. Enjoy!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Determination and drive.

^^^