Soo..How do you like YOUR tilapia

Options

Replies

• shaky115
    shaky115 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Grilled with onions, red and green peppers, and a side of brown rice!!! :D Also you could make a fish taco...Yuums!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,671 Member
    Options
    My Chinese mother's contact fried fish. There's oil in it, but most of it stays in the serving dish.

Poach or microwave fish until cooked. Place is serving dish.
    Cover with a half cup of finely chopped spring onions and a cubic inch of finely diced ginger.
    Add a lashing of soy sauce, juice of a lemon and a tiny pinch of sugar.
    Heat up a quarter cup of olive oil until almost smoking. At the table, pour the hot oil over the onion ginger mixture to contact fry and blend flavors. Be careful. There will be a lot of dramatic sizzling noises.

Voila.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Grilled with Tony Catchers Seasoning. Yum.
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    Sometimes just grill it on the George Forman, add lemon juice, some of Trader Joes low fat cilantro dressing (YUM!) and shredded carrots in a bowl all mixed up. Great with all that and avocado on corn tortillas too
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    with pineapple mango salsa! yum!
  • maggbrooks
    maggbrooks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The taco idea I LOVE! My family loves fattening tacos I can make a healthy batch for me!
  • ryovanovich
    ryovanovich Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tilapia is really good sauteed with sliced Mushrooms too.

Little salt and pepper on the fish
    saute the mushrooms in Olive oil first, with some sage and pepper
    add some (sliced or diced) shallots about 3 min in... total on mushrooms 5min - set aside (you can add garlic here too)
    put the fish in the hot pan and saute. flip after 3 min. and add the mushrooms back.
    Turn off heat after 2min and cover for 2min.
    serve with the juices in the pan.
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsHarris6
    MrsHarris6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I usually pan fry it with a little oil or if I can squeeze the calories in, I'll fry it with some whole grain flour...mmm....not a bad dinner choice! Haha!:laugh:
  • Share_h
    Options
    Tonight I made tilapia with shake and bake..the parmesan kind...it was really really yummy! And only takes a couple of minutes in the skillet!
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    My Chinese mother's contact fried fish. There's oil in it, but most of it stays in the serving dish.

Poach or microwave fish until cooked. Place is serving dish.
    Cover with a half cup of finely chopped spring onions and a cubic inch of finely diced ginger.
    Add a lashing of soy sauce, juice of a lemon and a tiny pinch of sugar.
    Heat up a quarter cup of olive oil until almost smoking. At the table, pour the hot oil over the onion ginger mixture to contact fry and blend flavors. Be careful. There will be a lot of dramatic sizzling noises.

Voila.

Committing to memory**
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Yep, broiled or baked with olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest, and a bit of seasoning. I used to put all the veggies in on top when broiling/baking to help season it, but I heard that's bad practice (raw fish messing with the veggies before it's fully cooked, etc.)
  • trgodin
    trgodin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In the ocean :)
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yum!!!
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just made an AMAZING batch recently...

2 cups of crushed tomatillos
    1 small can of diced green chillies
    3 Tbsp lime juice
    3 Tbsp cumin powder

mix together

Place thawed fish in crock pot and layer fish then sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3.
  • Poemetra
    Poemetra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Fried or grilled!
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good old Gina at SkinnyTaste.com! Here's her fish taco recipe that I use over and over and over.... It's great with tilapia! I don't like cilantro so I skip that, but love these tacos.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/cilantro-lime-tilapia-tacos.html
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Cooked in a little olive oil in a pan with pineapple/avocado salsa!!

Well darn if that doesn't look like heaven on a plate!

OMG it is!! Haha...sooooo good!
  • donnasjohnson
    donnasjohnson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is how I do it too, except I usually use another fruit instead of the avocado. Cantaloupe, mango, strawberries, peaches...they are all good. I like it extra spicy so lots of jalapeno.
  • mclarkin75
    mclarkin75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use this all natural zesty citrus spice(salt free) and lemon slices and bake in the oven wrapped in parchment paper.