Please look at my diary

Options
2»

Replies

• nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Had a little look at some random days and you don't seem to eat alot of fresh food, ie veges... most days you only had a token item like "tomato" or something... which really isn't "healthy choices" in my opinion...

1pd a week is still a loss and it's also being lost at a rate that will help allow you to keep it off, which is really important.

Goodluck with your journey.
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was doing 1200 a day for 2 months and lost about the same amount as you. Just this week i upped my calorie intake to 1600 and am seeing amazing results. Maybe you should just put your settings at 1 lb a week instead and eat a few more calories a day.

I agree with this! Also, with the eating more protein. But I also think you are doing really well.
  • atiena23
    Options
    Im just strarting yet again but i think your eating too many low calorie but sugary treats(carbsssssss) . I didnt see anything with veggies or fruit(natural sugar) . but real talk 11 pounds in 60 days girl i wouldnt be complaining about that.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I changed my diary settings to show SUGAR instead of sodium, and WOW, I have gone over on sugar many times.

I will try and watch the sugar intake.

Thanks to all of you.
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Honey, too little protein!!!! You weigh something like 160 now, right? Up the protein to 120 at least, lower your carbs, exclude the simple ones and dont worry about the sugar if it comes from fruit and veg. If it comes from anything else, DO worry, thats not good. I think 11 lbs is good progress but you need to step it up in terms of nutrition. Eat as clean as possible, dont get too overworked on the little cheats, drink water and get that protein in!!! Good luck to you!
  • gaylynn35
    Options
    What can I eat to up my protein?
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Cleaning is not something you should be loggin in. I see that you are not eating back your workout calories so it shouldn't be a problem but just in case you were going to - I wouldn't.

I also think you are losing at a good rate.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options

Lean meats, cottage cheese, egg whites.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Honey, too little protein!!!! You weigh something like 160 now, right? Up the protein to 120 at least, lower your carbs, exclude the simple ones and dont worry about the sugar if it comes from fruit and veg. If it comes from anything else, DO worry, thats not good. I think 11 lbs is good progress but you need to step it up in terms of nutrition. Eat as clean as possible, dont get too overworked on the little cheats, drink water and get that protein in!!! Good luck to you!

This! If I ate what you ate I would be starving all the time. I weigh 123 and try to eat at least that many grams of protein a day. It helps keep me from sugar "highs" and lows.

I do one protein shake after my workout, otherwise get my protein from eggs (the whole egg- lots of nutrition in those yolks) meat, nuts, and dairy.

I don't worry about sugar from dairy (unsweetened dairy that is) or fruits or whole grains.

You are doing well in the weight loss department though. I lost only 1/2 lb a week average but it really adds up after awhile. :) Remember when you are short too, you won't lose as fast as some of the big guys or gals.
  • gaylynn35
    Options

Lean meats, cottage cheese, egg whites.

I have my settings set to sedentary, so I log my house cleaning. I am a stay at home mom. I don't eat those calories back though.

Thanks for the info on the protein.
  • gaylynn35
    Options

This! If I ate what you ate I would be starving all the time. I weigh 123 and try to eat at least that many grams of protein a day. It helps keep me from sugar "highs" and lows.

I do one protein shake after my workout, otherwise get my protein from eggs (the whole egg- lots of nutrition in those yolks) meat, nuts, and dairy.

I don't worry about sugar from dairy (unsweetened dairy that is) or fruits or whole grains.

You are doing well in the weight loss department though. I lost only 1/2 lb a week average but it really adds up after awhile. :) Remember when you are short too, you won't lose as fast as some of the big guys or gals.

True, I forget about the short part. I am only 4'10 " tall. I appreciate all of the help.
  • ScottFree_66
    Options
    You are doing great and your weight loss is at a good pace. Here on MFP you will find a large variety of thought about what is and is not proper eating. Find a method that works for you and that you will be able to continue following after the weight is gone. Remember, you are not on a diet, this is a lifestyle change.
    For me, i eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables... and home cooked meals. I try not to eat processed foods, so I don't worry about sugar. I usually limit eating out (processed foods) to 1 meal on Saturday and Sunday... and even then I try to keep my calories close to my goal on those days.
  • travishalogod
    travishalogod Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You need to go and take a basic nutrition class. You may be under your calorie goal and enjoying diet soda, but certain things just aren't good for you even if they are low intake. Having 100 calories of a candy bar as way worse for you than having 100 calories of a protein shake, or 100 calories of complex carbs. You need to know what you are putting into your body and what it does to you. Remember your body is a big chemistry set. Everything you put into it is exactly what you are going to get out of it.. answer this quesitons "do you eat to live, or live to eat" if you answer correctly, you will be successful at your lifestyle change. But in the meantime, find a nutrition class.
  • atiena23
    Options
    Protien sources- fish, egg whites, greek yogurt my new fav, lean meats, soymilk i would do a search on food high in protien. good luck
  • gaylynn35
    Options
    You need to go and take a basic nutrition class. You may be under your calorie goal and enjoying diet soda, but certain things just aren't good for you even if they are low intake. Having 100 calories of a candy bar as way worse for you than having 100 calories of a protein shake, or 100 calories of complex carbs. You need to know what you are putting into your body and what it does to you. Remember your body is a big chemistry set. Everything you put into it is exactly what you are going to get out of it.. answer this quesitons "do you eat to live, or live to eat" if you answer correctly, you will be successful at your lifestyle change. But in the meantime, find a nutrition class.

Thanks for the info. I can't afford to go to a nutrition class. I will cut back on the 1/2 bar of dark chocolate. I really don't drink that much diet soda. I had my boyfriend get me a 2 liter over 2 weeks ago, and there is still some left in the bottle. I will try not to drink it as much. I eat to live, I don't live to eat.

Thanks again for the information.
  • gaylynn35
    Options
    So, I will start eating more eggs and find some kind of protein shake.
  • gaylynn35
    Options
    thanks everyone, I have received enough information to help me figure it out.

I have closed my diary now.

Thanks again.