Best Smoothie Ever.

Options
sammyjo0402
sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
Subject describes it well. Here's an awesome smoothie that makes a delicious healthy snack!!

1/2 banana
1/4 cup of mixed frozen fruit (I just used some frozen peaches, blackberries and strawberries equaling to a 1/4 cup)
1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp. of cocoa powder ( I used Hershey's natural unsweetened cocoa powder)
3 oz. of milk (Skim milk may be preferable for some... I used Rosehill Dairy whole milk to up my calorie and carb a little)

Coming to a fabulous total of...
145 calories... 28 carbs.... 3g. fat.... and 5g. of protein.
It's wonderful!!! I myself added a 1/4 cup of fat free cottage cheese on the side to up that protein. (:

Replies

• capie123
    Options
    Wonder if a raw egg added would be good source of protein
  • TAMMYCLARK62
    Options
    Sounds delicious...I am definitely going to try this tomorrow...thanks for sharing
  • laurenleighlugo
    laurenleighlugo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good! Perfect for before I go to school! I never thought of using vanilla extract. I'll try that tomorrow morning. Thanks! :)
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds are good to add, too... My smoothies are similar, but way bigger because I usually eat them for breakfast. I usually do 1/2 c of mixed frozen fruit, 1/2 c of mixed frozen berries, 3/4 unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 c greek yogurt, 1 tsp of honey, 2 tsp chia, 1/2 banana, some cinnamon (I've heard it helps to speed up your metabolism), and a bunch of ice.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I use Jello Fat Free Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding mix powder in my smoothies. I use 1-2 tbsp, (it's only 25 cals per tbsp) and it adds a sweet taste and a custard-like texture to the smoothie. Just toss the dry powder in along with the fruit/ice, blenderize until it's smooth, and YUM
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    add vanilla protein, make it more worth the calories!
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yeah I also had forgotten to mention I added several drops of sucralose (Which is my primary best friend in sweetening just about everything) and a few cubes of ice to thicken the texture up! (: To the comment of adding a raw egg.... well.. go for it if you like..? I personally think that sounds disgusting and if I was desparate enough to add more protein with an egg I'd just cook it on the side lol.
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump