Maybe it's me?

Options
I've been going at this now for nearly 4 months. The support I am getting from my husband has been amazing. But that seems to be the only place I can find it. Everyone else from my mom and sister to friends and mother in law are really counting on me to fail. I've been using the My Fitness Pal ap on my IPhone for the last 3 and a half months and have lost 52lbs. But I really feel like in order to finish off these last 30lbs or so, I'm going to need support from people going through the same kind of thing I am. So I decided to try the social aspect of this and hope for some good friends!

The few friends I have made on here and contacted, no one seemed to write me back.

Maybe it's me? lol

Replies

• jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss so far .. feel free to add as we all need the encourgment , I can not gurantee i will give you this everyday BUT i will most days .. and lets face it some is better than none .. Keep going you will get there
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I create threads asking question all the time and get ZERO responses lol. So I don't bother anymore. You gotta just sometimes do things for yourself. You can ad me as a friend but I don't do much but troll the forums and give an "attagirl" now and then. :)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Everyone wants you to fail because that is human nature. Fu$k 'em all. You can do it. And once you hit your goal weight, everyone will be watching you again, waiting patiently for you to fall off the wagon.
  • Colleen_G
    Options
    Like kiachu I was posting in the threads and getting zero responses. I guess you just have to be part of the in crowd for that?!?!

Feel free to message me. I am not normally on the threads, but I log in at least twice a day!
  • It's not you!
    People don't like change and if they see you change for the better then they see the flaws in themselves and they don't want to be left behind.

You just keep doing what you are doing - cause it's obviously working and in the end you will prove them all wrong!

Feel free to add me as a friend - I'm on here most days and promise to write back to any message you send.
  • GeekyGoddess
    Options
    maybe they just don't know how to give you support. Weight loss is a touchy subject. You can add me, I try to be supportive of all on my FL as its still pretty small and managable.
  • womanwithamission
    Options
    Wtg! Please add me as a friend, you have had incredible success and would love for some of that to rub off on me. I also have a supportive husband, however my friends are less excited by my new lifestyle. I need to be around others who can be happy and supportive , let's be friends
  • bigwagon52
    Options
    Add me if you want. I think I can help. It is hard to find good pals
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I post things and get 0 response sometimes too...but I just let it go. I try to be supportive of my friends on here but some of them don't reciprocate (sp?) so it makes it hard for me to keep wanting to support them if they don't support me. But again oh well.

I luckily have the support of my boyfriend and most definitely my parents. My parents introduced me to MFP and between the 3 of us (we call ourselves Team Thomas) we have lost 135 collectively. My boyfriend and I just had a garage sale and we had a lot of my parents too big clothes in there. Of course his mom had to tell me how dumb the idea was to get rid of those clothes because we will just need them again one day. I wanted to haul off and smack her. But my thought is if I keep around the too big clothes it does make it easier to go back to the old ways.

Keep your chin up and just remember if you need support there is always at least 1 person on here that will help you out!!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    The last 30 seem to be the hardest. I am working on that and it's taking forever! Add me, together we can go for the last 30!
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've been going at this now for nearly 4 months. The support I am getting from my husband has been amazing. But that seems to be the only place I can find it. Everyone else from my mom and sister to friends and mother in law are really counting on me to fail. I've been using the My Fitness Pal ap on my IPhone for the last 3 and a half months and have lost 52lbs. But I really feel like in order to finish off these last 30lbs or so, I'm going to need support from people going through the same kind of thing I am. So I decided to try the social aspect of this and hope for some good friends!

The few friends I have made on here and contacted, no one seemed to write me back.

Maybe it's me? lol

These threads don't send a notice when people have commented back to you - for me it's hard to stay on top of a conversation. Make sure you become your own support system, everything more than that is just a bonus. You can do this, you've already made it over half of your journey. Don't let the lack of stranger support bring you to a halt. Hang in there gorgeous :)
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job! I did the same as you, only used the mobile app first time around and stalled then quit. I find this much better and more movtivational. Feel free to add me, I don't always get responses either but still find the information good and my friends here very uplifting.
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    Amazing job girl!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. Don't forget that misery loves company and because they feel bad for not taking care of themselves, they want to see you down at their level. TOO BAD FOR THEM! It's their problem my dear, not yours, you are doing a GREAT job with 52 pounds gone FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with the same issue. It seems like my friends (the females) seem reluctant to congratulate me or offer support (save one friend, my best friend.) But I totally see where you're coming from. I hate it =(
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel--I feel dead alone on my goals and my plan sometimes. It's really hard to push on without family/friend support, but if you can, you're so much stronger than what you realize. I'm working on my last 30 to 50 pounds--and it's definitely hard. Keep it up!
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    good job on your efforts so far... very envious of your partner supporting you... I just get mocked a little and have my bf bring home hungry jacks for me or suggest we go to Mcdonalds etc... my sister is supportive and my moms glad I'm eating healthier but really in the real world my support is only coming from a co-worker feel free to add (just so you know I use this website waaayy too much)
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    I don't think so. You just have to find the people that are into getting healthy just as much as you are. I'll add you for more support.
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    First and for most great job on losing the weight. That is freakin awesome. I understand what you are saying in that you need more support. We are all here for you and you feel free to add me. As far as everyone in your life except your hubby who is not supporting you.......well screw em. They should love you enough to support you and build you up as you go. Prove them wrong then they will be kissing your butt lol. Keep up the good work girl.
  • TL0105
    TL0105 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've lost 65 pounds and my two best friends and my husband have said absolutely NOTHING!! It's not like I need to hear it, I think it makes them look like idiots...and certainly not "friends"...I have had incredible support on MFP...I don't know what to think when people aren't supportive..I tend to agree that it must be jealousy..maybe they are unahppy with their own lives and don't want to see you being successful?? I wish you the best of luck! You have done a fantastic job so far!! Keep up the great work. :happy:
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options

Maybe it's me? lol

Good on ya! That's great progress! Don't you dare stop when you've come this far already! :flowerforyou:

As for the friends / social part of MFP, not everyone is into using that. Personally, I keep a relatively small friends list so I can interact with most everyone on a regular basis. If I get a friend request without any message attached I probably won't accept, but that's just me. If you want to add me as a friend, just send me a message to say hi.