Chocoholic Needs Help!

2»

Replies

• carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Skinny cow makes the best candy bars! They sell a big box of it at Costco. They have chocolate caramels, a kitkat type one, and a peanut butter one. Mmmm

I agree! Skinny Cow gets me through my cravings with minimal calories : )
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Chocolate jello pudding, mini hershey bars, fudge ice cream bars (you can find them for 80 calories each), and semisweet morsels. Also a graham cracker dipped in chocolate milk helps sometimes too!
  • wishn2binAZ
    wishn2binAZ Posts: 40 Member
    I belong to that club too! I find having a small piece a day helps but I always make sure to brush my teeth or drink water after to get the tase out or its back to the candy bag I go.
  • You're not icky. And Skinny Cow is awesome :)
  • kaytee003
    kaytee003 Posts: 18 Member
    I second the chocolate chips! I have even melted a few and drizzled them on a banana
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    I am, by definition, addicted to chocolate. My husband and I are trying to lose weight and get into better shape (him because of his job, me because I am icky)....problem is, I crave chocolate. Especially when I "can't" have it. :sad:

So my question:

What are some healthier chocolate desserts out there that can curb that craving? I want to try healthier choices instead of trying to cut it altogether and end up binge eating an entire pan of brownies (like the other day).

Thanks for the help!

TCBY is a brand that makes "fudge bars" but its frozen yogurt. Only 80 calories per bar (and they are full size bars too!) I love them! They are fabulous & so creamy!!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Tisano chocolate tea!!!!!!

I sware by it!
  • bkennedy1981
    bkennedy1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Wow. I will definitely try that. I love chocolate.
  • Dark chocolates in general (anything over 70% cocoa) are better for you as they contain less sugar, less fat solids and more antioxidants than milk chocolates.

I found these “Endangered Species Chocolate - Dark Chocolate With Deep Forest Mint 72% Cocoa” through Dr. Oz and they are great if you like mint chocolate. You can find the nutritional info on MFP if you search the quote. The Endangered Species chocolate is available in a large bar (portion is half the bar in terms of the nutritional info but you could eat only 1 row to take the edge off), or some places sell boxes with individually wrapped singles which would be better for curbing a routine craving if you did want to indulge daily which was actually endorsed on the Dr. Oz show.

If you eat small quantities it is better nutritionally and emotionally than depriving yourself and going on a binge out of control one day.

I find for myself that if I know it’s there then I can ignore it better than some others but the moment the cupboard is bare watch out cause then I can’t stop thinking about it! It might sound a little irrational but I guess as long as I have the choice I can make the right one, but once the option isn't there my inner chocoholic takes over and won't rest till I go buy some and eat it.

Best of luck from one Chocoholic to another I’m rooting for you!
  • jenmurray116
    jenmurray116 Posts: 18 Member
    SF Jello chocolate pudding or a SF fudge popsicle does the trick for me. I also keep a bag of Dove dark chocolate in the fridge for emergency chocolate situations - one piece is more than enough to satisfy a craving! :happy:
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    I am also a chocoholic!!! I love skinny cow, but I love it too much, I think... I can't get away with eating just one and then the box is gone in a few days :( So sad, I just can't control it!! haha One thing I like to do is buy chocolate bars, like the chocolate with chili. It's wonderful quality chocolate, but the spicy kick in the chili keeps me from eating too much at once. Keep a bar in the fridge and then break off a square as you crave it. I find that it's not just chocolate that I crave, but rich, full fat and sweet chocolate!!! Pudding is not going to curb that lol I'd rather give in to a LITTLE of the good stuff than hope that the fake stuff will satisfy my sweet tooth and ultimately end up eating more when it doesn't...
  • bkennedy1981
    bkennedy1981 Posts: 10 Member
    I put 2 Tbsp of chocolate morsels in a glass bowl with 1 tsp of peanut butter and 1 tsp rice crispies. Put in microwave 40 seconds. Take out and shape into marble size balls. Cool in the fridge. Yummy.
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    :flowerforyou: What mix do you recommend, and what size can of pumpkin?

I used a betty crocker devils food cake mix and I think it was a 15oz can of pumpkin.
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    I keep baker's semisweet dark chocolate on hand for cravings, and allow myself up to one serving a day.

I also have chocolate chips in the pantry for when I need chocolate chip cookies - homemade is so much better than store bought.