Team UK - January 2010

Options

Replies

• Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too please :happy:

My name is jackie and i live in Plymouth, Devon.

I have been on MFP since May/June time and think it is fantastic, the support and friendship i have found on here have made the journey so far, a more tolerable one .

Jax
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Smacked wrists for me .... a packet of crisps and two cakes later and a milky cofee + sugar !!! What was I thinking. Sorry folks! the evenings are bad for me when hubby's working. Telly's on, mum's in her sitting you ...also with a cake! It's too dark and cold to get on the exercise bike out in the conservatory. Sorry ,sorry, sorry! hate to let you all down.
    must do better tomorrow.
  • Fran44
    Fran44 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join the team too please. My name is Sandra and I live in Cambridgeshire in the UK, thought I would give this site a go as it looks good and very friendly although I do struggle with the weights and measures sometimes but I am beginning to adapt. x
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Wow! I have been looking at my sugar intake, and it is very high, nearly 50grams some days! Argh! I had no honey on my weetabix this morning though in an effort to cut down, but I do have grapes and a pear to snack on later, which are both very high in sugar. :(
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    wow, loads of new people!

Welcome to the group everyone!

Gymrabbit - ive noticed the same thing with me - but a lot of mine is natural sugars from fruits
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Hi everyone - I 've had a better day today!! 7 pm and I've got 468 calories to go. No more chocolate in the house and any choc fix will come from Cad. options drink!! Did get on the exercise bike - admittedly for only 10 minutes but better than nothing!!
    Hitting the fruit too - great tangerine smell everywhere! Keeping ocupied on line and TV watching.
    Hope all's well for you too!
    Bye for now
  • nikkia75
    Options
    Hi again everyone Im still getting used to the site and couldnt find the group (blonde moment)!!!

I lost again this week so ive now lost 7lb total which im pleased with.

Im going on the wii at least 4 times a week and i walk everywhere. Have cut out alot of full fat and sugary foods from my diet and struggling to meet my calories. im about 300 under today but im not hungry now.

people look at my diet sheet and have commented that i dont eat much veg but i make most meals from scratch and so pasta bakes and pies etc are full of fresh veg.

Im going to start having my "main" meal at lunch instead of at 6pm or later, then i can fill up with fruit and veg in an evening if im hungry after doing my daily workout.

( oh i live near Heathrow airport didnt mention that before)

Good luck this week everyone x
  • MistahLee31
    Options
    I bought some home scales from Argos today so wanted to try them out with an "unofficial weight day". Wore the same clothes as I did when I used the scales at the gym (one of those 50p machines that gives your weight on a piece of paper), and when I got on the scales, it told me I've lost about 5lbs. Not getting ahead of myself, as I don't know whether that might be right or not, so going to leave it till friday and weigh myself "officially" then.

Hopefully the scales will be right though! :-)
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hello all new joiners... Lovely to see some new faces around here.. always nice to know that there are a lot of ppl from the UK and its not all USA!! :-D

Hope your all having a successful food day!!

Going to go do some toning at the gym tonight.. bit of the cross trainer and then some weights :-D

Lady_C_the 1st - I usually go way over my sugar allowance with fruit so its ok.. its when its the processed sugars that we go over on.. then it becomes a problem!! All in moderation!!

Hey Katie - i noticed your staus the other day - dont worry i was like that for ages, now i have stuck with a good routine i seem to be melting away the lbs!! Dont give up hun!!!

Speak soon x x x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Smacked wrists for me .... a packet of crisps and two cakes later and a milky cofee + sugar !!! What was I thinking. Sorry folks! the evenings are bad for me when hubby's working. Telly's on, mum's in her sitting you ...also with a cake! It's too dark and cold to get on the exercise bike out in the conservatory. Sorry ,sorry, sorry! hate to let you all down.
    must do better tomorrow.

How did yesterday go if you dont mind me asking? Any snacking??

mmmm cake... ill get more of that on the weekend for my 2nd birthday celebration! whoo hoo! :-D
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Can I join too...

I seem to have bigger targets than a lot of you.

I weighed in last monday at 290lb..... and want to lose 91 ( to get me out the 200s) as my first target. I joined MFP yesterday as I want to keep a log what I am eating and my losses... Weighed in today and its a five pound loss. Its a bit high but hopefully with the info here I can control what I lose.

Richy

Hey Richy - welcome to the group.. you will find this site extreamly helpful!! I've been on here for nearly a year 1/2... its been a very good tool with watching my weight and exercise goals! Good luck, we will be here for you x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Hello Lee, and everyone else here.

Congrats to everyone on the weight lose. The weight is slowly creeping away, but inches seem to have gone! In a size 12 now, a size that I have never worn (even when I was at school I was a 14!).

Hope everyone has a good week, and enjoys exercising.

Mumsanutter... Woo hoo on fitting into those size 12s!! im in that stage at the mo where im fitting back into my 12's nicely!! Good feeling eh!! x
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Hey Katie - i noticed your staus the other day - dont worry i was like that for ages, now i have stuck with a good routine i seem to be melting away the lbs!! Dont give up hun!!!

thanks hun, im down to 147.6 for my weigh in today - its 2lbs heavier than last wed, but lower than yesterday lol - im just gonna keep going
    what is your routine btw if you dont mind me asking?
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    From the south originally and actually worked in Haslemere for a time. - Elizja? from there?

Hello, I'm not from Haslemere originally, although my husband has lived in the area for most of his life. I'm from Northamptonshire originally, and spent quite a few years in North Wales before moving 'down south'.

I'm not having a good week with this weight loss malarkey. I've been feeling really down about the whole thing. I managed to go to the gym on Monday, but it was really busy so I couldn't get on to any of the weights. Yesterday and today I've been feeling super hungry! I normally do get a bit hungry, but this is something else! Nothing seemed to help yesterday! I'm going to try and go the gym tonight because I know I can't get there this weekend, but I'm so tired I just wonder if I'm better off having an early night?! Sorry for the whine people - hope you're all having a good week.

Erika
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    Hi everyone - me again. Logging in from North Wales . Cold and rainy here today .
    Good start to the day - got on the scales, lost 1lb.
    Mum was at her day centre today so...while the cats away the mice will play!! Hubby and I went shopping. then we .. HAD to have lunch out - didn't we? Yes ..we did!!! Especially after I'd been up at 3am with mum. She was up, showered, dressed and ready to go to her "Club" All bright eyed and bushy tailed!! Bless!!
    But... I have been good - honest. Logged the meal down in my diary, put the glass of wine down too - small (usually would have been LARGE) and I'm still in with my calories. Mind you ... I'm sitting here with tape over my mouth to stop me eating!" Weight watchers don't advise that method really!
    My exercise was climbing the stairs in quite a few shops and walking around Chester. I can hear you all saying.... must do better and I agree!!

Erika - say hello to the Swan pub in Haslemere. I presume it's still there! Hubby and I worked there way back in 1973? !! We 'd returned from working in Jersey - He was the chef and I ran the restaurant. Great memories of New Years Eve. We lived in at the time and had residents staying from the bank and bakery. Such a party that night - both the bank and bakery opened late the next day (before the days when NY day was a holiday)
    Don't work out my age from that revelation!!!

Thanks again for being there, where ever you are!!! love all the posts!

Here's hoping for a lighter tomorrow!!
    Jackie
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie - Yes, the Swan is still there. It's a Weatherspoons. Well done on logging everything - we can still do these things, we just can't go over the top! I hope you have a better night and day tomorrow.

Erika x
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of new people! Welcome everyone :happy: :flowerforyou:

Erika, join the bad week club! Except in my case it's two weeks :noway: Been celebrating too much for the last couple of weekends - and the next one is a friends hen weekend in Nottingham (will look out for you Katherine!). Hopefully then I'll get the social life under control.

Re getting too hungry - do you like soups Erika? I find the ones you mix in a cup quite filling and they are low cal.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I had my 'first' week weight in yesterday. 9lb down!:noway: I then moved the scales & tried again, nope still 9lb. So I'm dead chuffed but puzzled as h**l. I have been good & I managed to get to the gym all of twice and went for a 9 mile walk, but there's no way I should have lost all that.
    So this week I'm being extra careful weighing & logging all my food just in case I'd cocked up last week data somehow. I only drink water or herbal tea, cause I'd rather eat my calories than drink them.:laugh: So they dont count.
  • kpnuts23
    Options

thanks hun, im down to 147.6 for my weigh in today - its 2lbs heavier than last wed, but lower than yesterday lol - im just gonna keep going
    what is your routine btw if you dont mind me asking?

Morning Katie,

My routine is my work routine,
    7am - Cup of Tea
    8.20am - Porridge at work
    12.30pm - Soup (any) + 2 bits of fruit
    If im hungry ill have some more fruit in the afternoon (if i didnt eat it at lunch)
    6pm-8pm (depends when im home from work) Chicken (or any other meat) and vegetables
    No snacking during the week... Just eating at meal times..

Low cals... shouldnt really do it this way cause its in "starvation mode" or whatever they talk about.. but im loosing weight..

Oh and gym 3 times a week :)

xx
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    I had my 'first' week weight in yesterday. 9lb down!:noway: I then moved the scales & tried again, nope still 9lb. So I'm dead chuffed but puzzled as h**l. I have been good & I managed to get to the gym all of twice and went for a 9 mile walk, but there's no way I should have lost all that.
    So this week I'm being extra careful weighing & logging all my food just in case I'd cocked up last week data somehow. I only drink water or herbal tea, cause I'd rather eat my calories than drink them.:laugh: So they dont count.

Congrats on the 9lb loss! thats amazing! x