Keep hitting plateaus!!!

Options
Ok I think my body is catching on to my pattern here! I have lost 13 pounds and now it has shut down!! I hit a few plateaus along the way thus far but now we are talking 2 weeks and no change. Any ideas? Thanks for your help! :)

300866.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• pearshape
    pearshape Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just stay with it!! All of a sudden your weight will drop!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have not hit a plateau yet but advice I have seen on this site is:

Switch up your workout routine
    Eat less
    Eat more
    Eat something different
    Add a new exercise. If you are not exercising, start exercising.
  • Snick7227
    Options
    Have you tried changing up your diet when you hit the plateaus? Try having a high calorie and high carb day and then the next day go low carb and low calorie. That is what I did when I hit mine and it seemed to help a lot, your body gets used to your diet and so it causes the halt in weight loss. Also, maybe take a look at your sugar intake and see if you can cut that down as well. Good luck and keep trying!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Repeat to yourself the following Zen weight loss mantra: "There is no plateau"

You can trick your mind into believing just about anything! ;)
  • DTFaaron
    Options
    I keep hearing about the dreaded plateau. I haven't hit it yet but I know I will eventually.
  • JOY621
    JOY621 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at this plateau for 3-4 months. Last week, all of sudden I dropped 2 lbs.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am on one too..........but my i''m not dropping any right now but today I went to the store and tried on a size 12 and they fit!!! I am not giving up. Try doing the 30 day shred if you can, that put me in overdrive.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I did the Lindora program many years ago, but didn't stick with it. That being said, I think they offer a good plan. Simplistically, they advised that plateaus are often normal, sometimes because you hit a weight that your body "remembers" and sometimes they are a result of water retention. Within the context of the program - their program is about burning fat (ketosis) not carbs, so they determine that some plateaus are actually a result of your body burning excess carbs, not body fat, therefore there will be no weight loss. They tell you to really look and see if there are hidden carbs in the food you are eating. I am not saying their theory is true or false, but their may be somerthing in what you're eating that you're unaware of. In the program you go on a very lean eating plan for a day to restart the fat burning.
    Karin
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    I just replied on another thread about this. I have the same problem! I'm definitely going to try changing up my eating patterns. That's always fun anyway...now with some rewards too! Can't wait!:smile:
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I have hit many of these nasty little buggers :grumble: but I remember that famous quote "This too shall pass" and it always does. I dont think that there is any magic answer to fix it either. What works for one might not work for another. What ever you decide to try just remember that you will beat the plateaus and you will not give up. :bigsmile:
  • iheartjillian
    Options
    THank you so much for your responses! Your support helps so much. :wink: I will definately be working on the sugar intake although I'm pretty sure it's not much. The 30 day shred I have done but am still doing the workouts throughout the week. Now we just wait and see!