Any SAHM's ( or working) out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    This isn't an easy journey....kids make me fall off the wagon with them wanting to eat "kid" foods. I would love to know how everyone controls the urge to eat when they are eating...

I just fed them healthy foods, too, usually. Or if I was tempted to eat a lesser healthy food they were eating for a meal, just made it a small snack for me.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    i m sahm of 8........ 2 gone 6 to go anyone add me!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM to a 8 month old. When I go work out I pretty much work out by my self and doing this by my self. Husband comes with me to work out on weekends, but since he is in the army its pretty tough. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • JennInMA
    JennInMA Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Any moms out there can feel free to add me...

Working mom to two -
    O is nearly 4 and B is 8 months.

I try to balance working out, eating healthy and generally managing the mayhem of having a family and business responsibilities...I am all about helping other moms feel supported! We are in this together!
  • ashleyconstantine
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to a 3 year old and a soon to be 2 month old. :) Anyone looking for support is free to add me!!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    SAHM with an almost 3 y/o little boy. :) Would love some more mommy friends1 :D
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    Busy mom = me.

I work from my office two days a week, sans kids.... they go to daycare twice a week.

The rest of the week I work with them, either at home or in the car. My job requires that I check houses weekly, which involves about two full business days of driving. It's exhausting. Mostly mentally - because my son believes he is starving constantly, and after about three hours the boredom sets in completely and the bickering starts. Sometimes I get lucky and both fall asleep at the same time. WIN.

I've just added my husband to my "team" - so now there are days when literally all four of us are crammed in the car together. It is maddening.

I work all hours of the day/night when work gets busy, and my workouts sometimes get pushed back. But I'm doing a 53 mile bike ride in two weeks, and I'm kind of toying with the idea of doing a century ride next year - if I can find the time to train for it!
  • 3munchkins
    Options
    Well I'm a SAHM to a 13 year old boy, a 3 year girl (who thinks she's 13) and a 1 year old boy. It's nice to see so many inspiring moms out there. I just started this MyFitnessPal it hopes that it will help me out of my slump and get me going.

Gained most of my weight from my first child and just when it was starting to disappear the blessings of two more children and well more weight followed.

Just did a secret walk/jog around the track by our house last night, cuz my husband saw i needed to get away... not much time to work out and with no one to help with the kids unless the Hub is off it gets kind of hard. i'd love to hear ideas? ?
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and a WAHM. I run a home daycare so I'm home with kids all day long. My own kids are 6.5 and 11.5 years old but my daycare croud is 4 and under. It's hard to find the energy to workout after spending 10 hours working with kids. I try to do my strength training/cardio during nap time but that dosn't always happen :frown: Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend if they'd like :smile:
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM to a 15 month old little girl who likes to keep me on my toes but still finding time to work out has been extremely hard. If I try to workout at home she is hanging onto me during so I joined the gym which has a children's center that will watch your child for 2 hours a day so I have been taking advantage of that :)

If anyone would like to add me please feel free!
  • mrslaurenschultz
    Options
    From the very beginning our kids eat what we are eating so they don't know any different. My husband and I want them to grow up very educated about health and nutrition.
  • angie_carol
    angie_carol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I work full-time and take care of an 8-month-old when i'm not at the office. I sit behind a desk all day long and find it hard to work out when i want to spend some time with her. By the time she goes to bed, i am exhausted and usually head there myself!! My job has started a program where a trainer from the YMCA comes in 2x a week after work for an hour. It's awesome!!! My mom or my husband will watch my daughter & let me go. I've also been trying to take the time to walk around the mall on my lunch hour. It's mostly deserted and a lot of the little old people in town go out there to walk because it is well-lit and you aren't exposed to the Tennessee weather. I need to get my butt into gear and commit to losing this baby weight!!!!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    SAHM to a 1 yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl. :)