Frizzy Hair- Need Serious Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Ouidad has amazing non-frizz products...as a curly girl that is prone to frizz, I would highly recommend them! And totally agree with the other posters...the less you mess with it, the less frizz you have.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I use Axe Clean Cut Pomade.
    Worked wonders!!
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I used to have frizzy hair, just like the picture you posted. Then I changed the following 3 things:

1. stopped blow drying.
    2. started using Redken's ColorStay conditioner and shampoo (comes in the bright red bottle)
    3. started using redken's ShadezEQ gloss -- you can put color in it, but I use clear gloss.

This is my hair now: (please excuse the bellydance costume in the picture, I had just come home from work and got this costume in the mail, so I naturally tried it on immediately and took a picture! It's the best picture I could find of my unstyled hair. Also, yes my studio is a mess....)

Also, you can't tell from the pic, but my hair is super shiny from the gloss. I have strangers comment on it all the time.

302240_307287539286722_886824980_n.jpg
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how often do you wash your hair? If you're a daily washer, you could be drying it out and making frizz worse.
    I wash it every other day if that. I go until it looks (almost) greasy
  • mtaylor007
    Options
    I had the same problem and I solved it with argan oil, I use Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil which is really good for the hair, protects it and keeps it soft, shiny, frizz less, and healthy. ur hair will look amazing. I bought it online @ safrons. com :D
  • LauraTheStylist
    Options
    Urgh, don't even get me started on frizzy hair!!! Try to keep heat styling to a minimum and use sulfate free shampoos. I have a shampoo and conditioner from pro naturals moroccan argan oil online at a site called beyas and I also got a bottle of the argan oil to use after a shower. It's AWESOME. So far I'm loving them all, I think the argan oil is really getting down to the problem :)
  • Hsoupon
    Hsoupon Posts: 1
    Options
    Mixed Chicks stuff works well. The combo of leave in and their hairsilk. I have straight hair that waves and frizzes without Mixed Chicks. MC is available in Target and Planet Beauty in CA. Link: Mixedchicks.net . Hope it helps.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    http://moroccanoil.com/

The BEST products I have EVER gotten for my hair. I use hydrating shampoo and conditioner when my hair gets frizzy (which is winter for me)

And I use this stuff every day of my life http://moroccanoil.com/en_US/products/Moroccanoil®-Treatment-Light

They have one for darker hair, too.
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I like aragon oil (there are different brands/price points out there).

Recently, I did a salon keratin treatment, and will probably look into doing it again when money is less tight (about 100 for an express treatment that lasts about 6 wks and 2-300 for 12 wks)
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    Options
    I just thought that I'd do a little update on my frizzy hair situation!

Thanks to you guys, I have it under control!
    I have been using the Suave with Keratine in combination with the Suave smooth frizz conditioner.
    I think the magic happens when I use It's a 10 Keratine Miracle Leave-in Conditioner.

I definitely recommend It's a 10!!! And yes, you certainly get what you pay for!
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found something that works!

Though I'm still going to chime in that I to use coconut oil. You don't need a lot and it works amazing!