What do you say to your EX, after you've met your goals?

Options

Replies

• Pimpmonkey
    Options
    Nothing. Not worth my time. If I was still that hung up on them, I would see that as an issue.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Not a damn thing since I don't plan on ever seeing her again..... EVER.
  • dshgna
    dshgna Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Why say anything? Why let the person think that you've done all of this work to better yourself as a way to get back at them? If you did, that's pretty sad - you've given someone that much power over your life. And I imagine that the encounter wouldn't be all that satisfying in the end.

So, in short, screw 'em and move on. Don't give up your freedom to be yourself - it's your life and no one else's. Seize it.

True! I'd just walk as I hadn't seen him LOL! Or perhaps a tight little smile instead.
  • _Sara_A_
    _Sara_A_ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What I told my current boyfriend, who's ex treated him really badly, was become successful in your life and when you run into your ex, you don't have to say anything, because you've now gotten what you've wanted in your life. You don't say anything bad, you ask how she is, and tell her how you are. You will take pride in the fact that you've become the person that she never believed you could be, and that is better than any type of revenge you can ever give or put on her. Become successful and happy in your own life. Success changes depending on the person, what makes one person successful, may not make the next person successful. The same for goes for me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Well...one I'd run away from...and the other I'd say "hi" to since we parted on good terms and he always told me I was gorgeous. =)
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it depend on how things ended? My ex-husband and I work together and get along fine. If it were a particular ex-boyfriend, I'd look the other way and avoid all eye contact so I don't punch him in the kneecap :wink:
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    It depends on which ex. If I saw one of them, I would duck behind the nearest thing and do whatever I could to avoid him.
    But, most of my exes are nice people and I would probably just be friendly and ask how they are.
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Na na na na na na!
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    For me, depends on the ex. A couple of exs from way back are good friends of mine, so I'd be happy to introduce my boyfriend and make conversation. They're both married to wonderful women anyway. As for the rest of them...I'd be civil, possibly even cordial, except for the last one. We don't really have anything to say to one another. He always told me that my weight didn't matter, but I have recently found out that he spoke just as poorly of me and my weight problems as he did about another of his exs. She is a wonderful girl (who happens to be on an insulin pump since childhood). He's already pissed because I didn't wait a year to start dating someone after he parted ways with me, and he can't stand the fact that I'm not pining over him. That one, I might give a polite nod to, but I don't think words would be necessary, regardless of whether I've met my goal. I am a sexy woman (I'm starting to believe it when my boyfriend tells me this!), and I have a wonderful, loving and handsome MAN who loves me just like I am. I don't feel the need to say anything one way or the other.

So, incredibly long story short, probably depends on your relationship with the ex, and why you'd want to say anything in the first place. Just be happy you met your goal, and that you have someone new to focus your time and attention on! :drinker:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Nothing different than I'd normally say. I'm not really a vengeful person and I haven't had a relationship end on bad terms so far. *shrug*
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Suck it bit ch
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'd probably have to say, "Hey there... yeah, it's me" because by the time I hit my goal weight, I will have lost 187 lbs. and be way less than 1/2 of the size I was when I met him. I doubt he would recognize me at that point if we just passed one another on the street.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    *in my Nas voice from 1999* HATE ME NOW!
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I don't day anything either, I just smile and keep walking too. Most of the time they are speechless to see me , in the same place. But , I changed everything about me , after I got dumped by a guy I really really liked. (Totally not my fault). And he couldn't believe it was me. I live in a very small town, so you always hear what your exs are up too. So they know about your success!
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, you will enjoy the look on his face. Say "hello, good to see you", and keep it moving. The best revenge is knowing that you were the best thing they lost - thick or thin!!!! If it takes losing weight and toning to get them to look twice then you don't want em anyway. Changing yourself for anyone other than yourself never works out. You'll end up bigger & more unhappy than ever that way. Be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished. If they truly cared about you, they will be proud of you too.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Nothing. They are an ex for a reason. :smile:
    [THIS- I agree....
  • cakelady69
    Options
    I smile and keep walking.... no words need to be exchanged.
    Success is the best revenge.

This is it exactly. Weight was a huge issue in my marriage. So no words would be perfect. Only problem is I see my ex several times a week when we switch the kids. So he's watching the transformation.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    "We are never ever ever, getting back together"

Sorry I just had to :wink:

...but no I dont have any exes that I am hating on so I would probably just stop and say hi I guess.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    "Hello. I hope you're doing well."
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Sorry I shot you?....again