What's your Weight Loss Secret Weapon?

Options

Replies

• jennifermaffei17
    Options
    Looking at pictures of people who are really in shape and pickles. 0 calories and it fills me up when I have a couple until the next meal.
  • thetipster99
    Options
    Calorie counting has been the magic formula for me.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    cans of tuna and the elliptical
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great question. Great discussion. Thanks!
  • jtd1111
    jtd1111 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Track, track, track faithfully....no matter if it is a good day or bad day.

Agree. This time of year I snack on Watermelon. A lot of it. I don't bother to cut it nicely, don't want it to be a chore. I dig in whenever I think I need to eat between meals.
  • run17
    run17 Posts: 27
    Options
    My secret weapons are: always cleaning and cutting up my fresh vegetables in airtight containers so they are easy to grab on the go or add them to a meal. They really fill you up. My Nike training club workout app on my iphone is my other secret weapon. It keeps me motivated and it really tones the problem areas! It kicks your butt! Literally!
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My self-hypnosis recordings... my brain has been re-programmed to only crave healthy foods without me even thinking about it.
  • rahulkhosla
    rahulkhosla Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My secret weapon is accepting the fact that there is no secret weapon. Portion control & patience.......
    like!
  • jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    BACON!

I'm in ketosis :)
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Giant Latte Bars!
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    *I drink a lot of water to avoid snacking
    *I keep a good amount of fresh, seasonal fruit in the house. When I'm in a rush out the door, I'll grab a couple apples instead of something off the breakfast menu.
    *I don't let my husband buy Oreos anymore :)
    *Sometimes I sleep in a sports bra and workout shorts, so I have less excuses to not work out in the morning.
    *Instead of going out to eat a burger or chinese food, I make it at home. That way I know exactly what is going in it, because I have cleaner ingredients than any fast food joint.
    *When making dinner, I make exactly 2 servings, only enough for my husband and myself. That way there is no temptation to go over my portion limit.
    *I keep my diary open. I'm less likely to eat something stupid (read: "full plate of cheddar cheese fries and two Cherry Cokes") when I know any one of my MFP friends could see, aghast, and unfriend me out of shame! :)
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Realising that I'm not weak - I am in control.
    For me - getting rid of my carb phobia - kept me fat and yo-yo dieting for years.
    Just do it, no more excuses. So 24 hrs in a day and you can't find time to exercise - just an excuse I used for years.
    Keep at it - don't give up . Accept that there are certain things you have to do to accomplish weight loss - there is no way around it.
  • a_stone_girl_dances
    Options
    Buying the right food and walking as much as possible.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Babysteps

Don't up-end your whole world.
    Make a small change or two wait until it becomes habit, then make another couple of changes, wait until it becomes habit and so on and so on.
  • HappyandToned
    HappyandToned Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Green tea
    Lots of water
    Reduced my carb intake
    No dairy products
    I don't eat my last meal too late at night
    Gym 4-5 times a week
    Rasberry Ketone capsules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • a_stone_girl_dances
    Options
    Babysteps

Don't up-end your whole world.
    Make a small change or two wait until it becomes habit, then make another couple of changes, wait until it becomes habit and so on and so on.

Right on.
  • Jester522
    Options
    Determination and drive.

This. And carb cycling.
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    Trader Joes Espresso pillows for my chocolate fix and Trader Joes Carribean fruit floes for a sweet fix.
  • Jester522
    Options
    IF and eating as clean as possible. It just made the whole notion of craving disappear.

Whats a craving? My 4 hour feeding window isn't familiar with this term. (Also IF-er)