"Go-to" breakfasts

Options
2»

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well this is my first attempt at my own protein bars. (Too expensive from the stores for my pocketbook)
    They are super filling and fairly low in calories, however I am looking to make adjustments as they are a thick cakey texture and I would prefer a lighter recipe; but not bad for a first attempt! My two youngest seem to like them a lot.

Ingredients:

Quaker Oats (From Website) - Quick Oats Oatmeal, 2 cup dry, 40g (1 cup cooked)

Jif - Creamy Peanut Butter, 4 tbsp

Body Fortress Whey Protein - Powder - Chocolate, 4 scoop 34 grams (with scoop)

Egg - Egg Whites, 4 large egg white (33g)

Honey, 0.25 cup

Ghiradelli - Semi Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips, 0.25 container (736 chips ea.)

Great Value - Sweetened Flaked Coconut(Net Carbs), 8 tbsp (15g)

Great Value - Baking Powder, 1 tsp (0.6g)

Blue Diamond - Unsweetened Breeze Almond Milk Coconut Milk Blend, 4 oz

Cals. Carbs. Fat. Protein Sodium
    Per Serving: 214 24 8 13 127
  • Smrhoads
    Options
    Coffee or chocolate milk (12oz - 16oz) with one piece of toast.
    I like dipping my toast in chocolate milk or my hot/iced coffee.
    For some reason, this combination really fills me up!
    Be sure to use non-fat milk and Ovaltine for the chocolate milk,
    & I use flavored creamer in my coffee...

If you're planning to work out afterwards, substitute the non-fat milk for soy!
    Paired with excersise (25min +), I lose more weight with Silk's Vanilla or Very Vanilla soy compared to non-fat milk!
    Drink lots of water, and stick to ONLY water for the rest of the day if you have this as your breakfast.

I also love Fiber One bars. (:

You can also put one or two Yoplait Light yogurts in a bowl along with some granola or fresh fruit.

Greek's Pomegranite yogurt is AMAZING, but I would eat that plain since it's sorta fatty (good fat, though).

Hope this helps!

My doctor has told me whole milk is better as it is an unprocessed whole food. The heat processed that is used to remove the fat from milk destroys the proteins.

Also, The vitamin a and d in the milk are fat soluble, so your body needs the fat in the milk to be adsorbed. The fat is also great for muscle building.

Have you ever looked at the lable of low-fat and non-fat milk? The first ingredient is powdered milk!
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like my Shakeology in the morning..
    1 scoop Chocolate ShakeO
    3/4 cup 2% or Skim Milk
    1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter
    1 Cup of Ice.
    Blend until thick like a Frosty..
    About 335 calories for the morning.. I was having a problem with getting enough calories when working out, so this helps..
  • chuckels82
    chuckels82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Berry Protein Smoothie

1 cup water
    1 scoop of cytosport chocolate protein powder (delicious!)
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    3 large frozen strawberries (can be omitted, but helps with consistency)
    1 T. peanut butter

Sometimes I add 1 T. wheat germ and/or 1 T. flax seed, but I'm all out right now, so the above recipe is all I use. This makes an absolutely delicious smoothie. Put all ingredients in a blender, and blend for a minute or so. I've found that the longer I blend, the frothier and more delightful this becomes. I've eaten this everyday for breakfast for about three years, and there is no end in sight. Right now, I'm using low-cal peanut butter, which reduces the total calories a bit. But it always hovers around 300 calories (right now it's a touch less, but it's usually twenty or thirty more). Enjoy!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    3 ingredient homemade granola with yogurt (new fav)
    Overnight oats
    Plain yogurt
    Boiled eggs
    Protein shake
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    protein shake and chobani greek yougurt (16oz) ..fills me right up
  • rayraex
    Options
    Organic bran flakes with almond milk (30 cals in 1 cup) and blueberries. I buy the organic bran to avoid high fructose corn syrup. FIBER keeps you full, so find a high-fiber breakfast!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    In the colder fall/winter months, I do crockpot oatmeal (steel cut oats, water and/or milk, a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp vanilla)...let it sit all night-amazing.

Or I do toast with peanut butter...

This week I bought myself some whole grain apriocot fig bars and I have one of those in the morning with my coffee just before my workout. Then whenI get to work I have a greek yogurt.
  • Kimmy136
    Kimmy136 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This might sound strange but I sometimes make protein oats by using whipped egg whites in place of the liquid (or at least most of the liquid) when making my oatmeal/oat bran. The usual mix consists of:

1/3-1/2 cup Oatmeal/Oat Bran
    3-4 Egg Whites, whipped
    Cinnamon, Additional Spices, Vanilla Extract (whatever I happen to be in the mood for that morning)
    A little added water (or whatever liquid you want to use) to loosen the mixture a bit. I eyeball this.

-Nuke for 1-2 minutes. This turns out to be thicker than normal oats. It's very filling.
    -Then, top with fruit, peanut butter, flax oil, etc to your liking.

*Another variation of protein oats would be to replace the egg whites with1/2-1 scoop of protein powder. Be sure to add additional liquid.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    2 large scrambled eggs with feta & spinach, sprouted whole wheat fiber toast w/either 1T cream cheese or pb.

Overnight oatmeal, PB banana or maple coconut are my favorites so far. Can add protein powder to it too.

Greek yogurt, plain, or vanilla if I can deal with the extra sugar, with fruit & Go Lean Crunch.
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I'm fond of eating leftovers or sandwiches. If I feel like heating anything, I usually keep chopped onions and green pepper in the fridge. A slice of deli ham, sliced up, combined with those and an egg, the whole thing scrambled together and piled on toast with homemade apple butter is seriously satisfying, comes in below my 300 calorie meal goal, and doesn't taste like diet to me.