IF and eating the same amount of cals?

Options
Hi, I just started IF this week and been researching it for a couple of weeks. My rountine is 16/8. During the eight hour window of eating, I basically maintain 1390 (mfp cal goal per day) or more when I exercise. I eat lots of veggies and protein. My question is should I stay within this limit or lower/higher my cals. Thanks in advance to those who respond!

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to keep calories the same as you always would. If you are trying to cut weight you would keep the same deficit.
  • santi251
    Options
    Thank u. I just was unsure!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to keep calories the same as you always would. If you are trying to cut weight you would keep the same deficit.

^^yup.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

^^yup.

^I third this motion.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options

^^yup.

^I third this motion.

^^ this is what has worked for me!
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options

^^yup.

^I third this motion.

^^ this is what has worked for me!

^^ can't break the chain now. 5th this motion. IF is not a diet.