Show me your lovely tattoo's!! :)

Options

Replies

• Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    tattoo3.jpg?w=453&h=824

There is A LOT of meaning to this one :) - example, The Emerald Swallowtail butterfly is one of very few green butterflies to exist. For a 21st birthday treat, my boyfriend took me to the butterfly farm in Stratford-Upon Avon (Stratford was a gift from his parents) and we only saw one of these little guys! We managed to capture a couple of good shots of the butterfly and I decided that it would be a good one to get added to my tattoo as it represents an important time in my life.

More on my blog ^_^
    http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/category/tattoos-piercings/

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I'm jealous..............

Thanks so much :) X
  • rachelfaith92
    rachelfaith92 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you get and who does your work.. Tattoos are NOT trashy.. I'm not trashy, I have very high standards for myself and the way I present myself.. Wouldn't regret my tattoos in a lifetime.

19a4e625-1.jpg

cdb3d9b3.jpg

I guess I'm unoriginal because I have a butterfly tattoo also huh? :yawn:

To each their own. I intend on getting more.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    Options
    tattoos are lame

And they're trashy.......

HEY **** you guys dont post in a tattoo thread if you hate tattoos get a life.

<~~~~ paw prints on booty, roses up both sides, kanji on back of neck, roses on inner hips, and a big blue rose in the middle of my back im mobile so i can only show u profile pic wise but i had to show sum love~<3.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    tat2.jpg

This shows both new and old.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    ws3bba.jpg

Here's mine! I spent about five years thinking about it before I got it, and I absolutely love it.

It's Mongolian script and it says "no lies, just love."

(edited to resize.)
    so lovely and perfect placement! I love simple tattoos. :flowerforyou:
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    tattoos are lame

<~~~~ paw prints on booty, roses up both sides, kanji on back of neck, roses on inner hips, and a big blue rose in the middle of my back im mobile so i can only show u profile pic wise but i had to show sum love~<3.

Take a look at my screen name. Do you think i actually meant that? :huh:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    This is my late fiance's name, Ste, on my left wrist. I had the tattoo done with his ashes, he died in April. The 3 stars are to represent me, him and our angel baby. We were both going to get matching tattoos of the 2 larger stars side by side with a smaller star above to represent the 3 of us, before he died so I tied it into my tattoo of his name, but just moved his star up above mine.

600284_10150904968167605_1178718334_n.jpg

And this is on my foot, I had it done at the same time, also with his ashes. It is latin and it means 'Live, Love, Laugh' which is the motto my fiance lived by every day. X

576894_10150904946632605_1743008352_n-2.jpg
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    ive got a few on my legs

559912_3248266338060_24544371_n.jpg

sweet ink!!
    tattoo3.jpg?w=453&h=824

There is A LOT of meaning to this one :) - example, The Emerald Swallowtail butterfly is one of very few green butterflies to exist. For a 21st birthday treat, my boyfriend took me to the butterfly farm in Stratford-Upon Avon (Stratford was a gift from his parents) and we only saw one of these little guys! We managed to capture a couple of good shots of the butterfly and I decided that it would be a good one to get added to my tattoo as it represents an important time in my life.

More on my blog ^_^
    http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/category/tattoos-piercings/

this is great too!!!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Although your tattoos are nice and I'm not trying to offend anybody...for me tattoos became extremely lame when everybody and their grandmas started getting them. I want mine removed since they've become so commercialized, with everybody walking around with their tattoo parlor tattoos. Sorry no offense but tattoos use to mean something. I type that meaning things have much less meaning when you can go to the corner at any given time and get one. Kinda' like a McDonald's 99 cent burger, cheap right? Things have much more meaning when they are harder to attain, just the way it is. In my day of tattoos you pretty much had to personally know somebody who could tattoo, not just some random Joe you give money too. Tattoo parlor tattoos were a joke. Sorry but this is just how it was. The art of tattoos have been severely cheapened in my opinion...:(

Why does a tattoo have to have meaning? What's wrong with getting one just for the artistic value or because you think it looks cool?
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    DSC_0178.jpg
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    barbs symbolizing the constant hard work it takes, stars symbolizing the end result of that hard work

39b82a17.jpg
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I guess i'm one of those lame people with a 'parlor tattoo', but mine is very meaningful. i have paw prints on my calf, but they are the actual paw prints of my dog that i had for 15 years, i stamped her feet onto a paper with a child safe ink pad and had that tattooed. I knew it was cliche when i got it, but very few people get the actual pawprint of the dog. to me it's a classy and beautiful piece that certainly helped me after she died. Pics of my dogs are in my pictures, Angel was the white one (naturally). Pixie's pawprints are next.
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    2zod5yh.jpg

This is mine and planning on more :)
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    Options
    tattoos are lame

Take a look at my screen name. Do you think i actually meant that? :huh:

Ohh baby :hugs: im terrible with sarcasm in that case your excused and i apologise ;D
  • alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    mnlove.jpg

My brother moved last year for work, before he left we got some tattoos to show our MN love. His has Minne and Paulie shaking hands inside the state border (like the old Twins logo)
  • jdressel
    jdressel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mine is in another photo. Can you see it?
  • fitbeyondforty
    Options
    Mines in my profile. I can't post it here. Taken just after I got it done years ago, has that cream on it.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    barbs symbolizing the constant hard work it takes, stars symbolizing the end result of that hard work

39b82a17.jpg

Niiiiice pic lol, and love the tats x
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have plenty more, but this is my newest.
    49549517.jpg

Good Lord that is beautiful! Wish I could get a tattoo...
  • narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    <--- profile.. a brief view of one of my geishas.. i have two, a pretty large one on my back.. i have quite a few.. would take more than one picture.