Need some new ideas

Options
I'm going grocery shopping in the next day or two, and I need some ideas for some new things to try. I've pretty much been eating the same ole stuff and I'm ready for a change. I was hoping you guys could give me some ideas. Thanks..:flowerforyou:

Replies

• tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    It is hard to say because I have no idea what the "same old stuff" is :)
  • Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    2 Lowfat/low carb high fiber tortillas
    1/4 c canned chicken breast
    1 tsp taco seasoning
    1 slice fat free sharp cheddar
    cooking spray

spray tortillas with cooking spray
    mix chicken and taco seasoning
    heat pan to med-high
    place one tortilla spray side down, add chicken and cheese and last tortilla spray side up
    flip when brown
    enjoy with fat-free sour cream, salsa, brown rice

this is VERY filling and is only 2 ww points without the rice
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad stuff! I added fresh raspberries, and blueberries, and some pineapple, and then made a raspberry vinagarette... so good!

Or try a bok choy salad! Cut up bok choy, pineapple, and throw some pecans on there, and then add a raspberry vinagarette dressing, sounds strange but it is the best salad I've ever eaten!

Raspberry Vinagarette: (tastes like summer on a plate)
    1/2 C white sugar ( I only use part of this)
    1./4 C olive oil
    1/3 C red wine vinegar
    2 tbsp. sesame seeds
    2 tbsp. poppy seeds
    1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
    1/4 tsp paprika
    1-1 1/2 Cups raspberries (smashed)
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    Rice cakes(25 cals each) with spinach and cherry tomatoes mmmm, they make a great snack, or add some cheese and you have a light breakfast.:flowerforyou:
  • lluber
    lluber Posts: 1
    Options
    Need a clue as to what you're eating regularly now. I love to cook, the main reason my cholesterol is too high. In winter, I like comfort foods that have some butter, cream or eggs. I'm altering my recipes to use egg whites only, no butter, very minimal cheese. Herbs help me get the flavor, color and texture are important for my culinary tastes.
    I'm back to planning menus for the entire week and making sure I'm doing prep work before I leave for work or the night before. Winter is harder for me than summer when my garden is full, but with the great selection at the grocery store, I can do it.

This is a great time of year to look at recipes in magazines or diet books and try making at least one new meal for the week.
    Let me know your cooking aptitude and time frame and then maybe I could suggest a few recipes I use. When you make the food yourself, even homemade muffins, you know all your ingredients and you savor it more even if it's not super delicious because of the time and effort you took for yourself.

Lois

Lois
  • Lynnlin
    Lynnlin Posts: 16
    Options
    Fish Tacos

Starkist- Tuna (Chunk Light in Water) 1/2 can, 1 cup
    Old El Paso- Stand'n stuff Yellow Corn Taco Shell- 1 Shell
    Dole- Classic Coleslaw Mix, 1 oz, 1 1/2 cups
    Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil- Mayonaise, 0.5 Tbsp (15g)
    Garden Fresh Gourmet- Wild Mild Salsa, 2 tablespoons
    Kroger- Taco Sauce Mild, 2 tbsp

I had two tacos, and adding this all up was around 275 in calories! VERY GOOD!