What's your Weight Loss Secret Weapon?

Options
12346»

Replies

• MrsHarris6
    MrsHarris6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Water. Water and more water. I have an office job where I sit at my desk all day every day. I keep a pint glass on my desk and whenever it gets close to empty I fill it up. I never let it get empty. I do this when I get home too.

Makes me feels so full, I rarely snack! Other than fruit.

If water gets boring put fruit in the glass to give it some colour/ flavour. Raspberries, lemons, limes and cucumber work a treat!

Good Idea @Skeywood!! I sit allllll day too and I'd never thought of doing this! Thanks
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    my kitchen food scales :drinker:
  • MrsHarris6
    Options
    Green tea, water and gum. I enjoy a venti green tea from Starbucks (one bag and make sure to ask for a double cup or bring your own travel mug). I will add a Splenda packet to my tea if I'm craving sweets. Also, I can't live without a pack of gum nearby, especially the Trident fruit layers. Good luck!

I'm SO glad you said this!! I thought I was crazy! I pop a piece of gum myself when I find that I eat out of boredom! Thanks for posting!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Self-disgust.

Sugarless gum.

Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Fat
  • MrsHarris6
    Options
    *I drink a lot of water to avoid snacking
    *I keep a good amount of fresh, seasonal fruit in the house. When I'm in a rush out the door, I'll grab a couple apples instead of something off the breakfast menu.
    *I don't let my husband buy Oreos anymore :)
    *Sometimes I sleep in a sports bra and workout shorts, so I have less excuses to not work out in the morning.
    *Instead of going out to eat a burger or chinese food, I make it at home. That way I know exactly what is going in it, because I have cleaner ingredients than any fast food joint.
    *When making dinner, I make exactly 2 servings, only enough for my husband and myself. That way there is no temptation to go over my portion limit.
    *I keep my diary open. I'm less likely to eat something stupid (read: "full plate of cheddar cheese fries and two Cherry Cokes") when I know any one of my MFP friends could see, aghast, and unfriend me out of shame! :)

GREAT ideas!!! I've been hesitant to work out in the morning but reading more and more I see that it's better for you and helps with your mood. The idea of a sports bra and shorts makes it even more tempting! That's my goal for tomorrow! THANKS!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Cleaning. After I clean, I lose all appetite--whether it's the minor cardio aspect of it, or the general, "Ew, I just scrubbed that?" I just lose all hunger.
  • Arunakae
    Options
    IF and eating as clean as possible. It just made the whole notion of craving disappear.

This, also with weight training when I'm not recovering from surgery.
  • Prestissima
    Prestissima Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A glass of water
    Thinking about my flat stomach and hipbones
    Thinking WHY I want to eat - am I just bored or really hungry.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Willpower
  • ssimmons1214
    Options
    Limit white foods drink lots of water and green tea, Im playing around with negative calorie foods which for the last 2 days I have eat my fill and still had more calories to meet my 1200 goal I find I have to make myself eat even though Im not hungry. My secret is super enzymes after every meal and apple cider vinegar 1 tbs 3 times a day mixed with water.
    Definitely cook your own foods its the only way to control what you are putting in your body.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    A ton of pride.
  • stork32
    Options
    My Keurig. ITs quick coffee/tea. Which is a great snack alternative.

and a good music playlist. I look forward to working out solely because I look forward to an hour of pure adrenaline pumping music.