Is this what you call skinny fat??

Options

Replies

• SaraBiston1
    SaraBiston1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think that was not a skinny fat. Your body look prefect.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    No I wouldn't say you were skinny fat.

I think of skinny-fat as slim, looks good in clothes etc but with a high body fat %, no muscle definition and doesn't really look good out of clothes.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    skinny fat:

skinny-fat-chicks.jpg

One person's view of herself going from fat to skinny fat to hot and fit....I don't think the middle one is that bad, not too skinny fat, but the third is by far better...

skinny-fat-transformation.jpg

skinny fat butt:

skinny-fat-butt.jpg
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    i always wonder if im skinny fat :ohwell:
    you look great in that picture!

this is me i still have loose skin from lots of pregnancies so i think i look skinny fat right now but im doing insanity to sort that out!
    DSC_0095.jpg
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Considering I'm Fat Fat right now, I'd be happy with skinny fat :)

Me too. :)
  • lolobi1
    Options
    Thanks. I wasn't fishing for compliments on this thread! I just thought someone on FB would have said something so was disheartened when there was only silence! lol

It took me a lot of hard work to get there, I wanted compliments from my friends at the time damn it!

get new friends hun,,,,
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That was me, on holiday in Thailand when I was around 61kgs lol I am now 63.9.

I didn't want to indicate that it was me to begin with because I wanted the dead-set truth :P

I just had some photos up on facebook a while ago and felt like I had a body to be proud of but not a single one of my 300 friends said 'nice body!' or anything nice like that... so it made me wonder if I actually looked disgusting.... so I thought I'd check to see if I was considered a skinny fat. I think too much >.<

They didn't comment because they were jealous!
    Dont relye on other people to tell you you look good, go by how you feel and how you look to yourself. when you KNOW you look good and feel good you will raidate it.
  • forwesgar13
    forwesgar13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Honestly I know I'm still half asleep but until I read the thread I thought you put up a model picture just asking a random question. Your picture looks fantastic and no where near skinny fat. Someone posted I think it was bodygallery.com where you can view body shapes for your height and goal weight. That helped me the other night. I have a friend that starves herself to loose weight and weighs alot less than me. But I had to remember that muscle weights more than fat . So although I will not see the low numbers on the scale I have alot of muscle b/c I've always worked out. I took a year off from exercising so although I gained a few pounds it looked like more b/c my muscle was changing to fat. So long story short , that sight reminded me I don't wanna be skinny fat . I have turned over my scale told my husband to hide it lol I'm doing 5 days of cardio and lifting weights and the numbers shall fall where they fall.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat to me is to be skinny but with out muscle or tone, so you look alright dressed, but naked, not that nice.......In my case, I was underweight, but still carrying fat, and extra skin from having kids....So adding 10lbs and gaining some muscle and tone made a huge diff even though I didn't really change size at all, I plan to add another 10-13lbs. Then I think I will finally be happy with my body...I still feel too thin.

19726820_4192.jpg
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat to me is to be skinny but with out muscle or tone, so you look alright dressed, but naked, not that nice.......In my case, I was underweight, but still carrying fat, and extra skin from having kids....So adding 10lbs and gaining some muscle and tone made a huge diff even though I didn't really change size at all, I plan to add another 10-13lbs. Then I think I will finally be happy with my body...I still feel too thin.

19726820_4192.jpg

Perfect example! Added 10 lbs but look a million times better. You nailed it and are looking amazing girl!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Considering I'm Fat Fat right now, I'd be happy with skinny fat :)

Me too. :)

Yeah, skinny-fat is better than fatty-fat. :flowerforyou:

:laugh:

I am trying to go from fatty-fat to fit. I hope to skip the skinny-fat phase. :tongue:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think you look great in that pic.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Definitely not skinny fat.

To me, skinny fat would be if you're a healthy to low weight, but with enough excess body fat to create rolls, muffin tops, etc. The low body weight is because of low muscle mass, not from low body fat.

I didn't want to indicate that it was me to begin with because I wanted the dead-set truth :P

I just had some photos up on facebook a while ago and felt like I had a body to be proud of but not a single one of my 300 friends said 'nice body!' or anything nice like that... so it made me wonder if I actually looked disgusting.... so I thought I'd check to see if I was considered a skinny fat. I think too much >.<

You look fantastic, but a lot of times friends feel funny telling friends they have a hot body.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    No you are ok. Good job
  • joydayval
    Options
    You are a hoot!! I too am aiming for skinny fat! HAHAHAHAHA!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I would call you in that picture more skinny-fit than skinny fat.
  • jenneal89
    Options

One person's view of herself going from fat to skinny fat to hot and fit....I don't think the middle one is that bad, not too skinny fat, but the third is by far better...

skinny-fat-transformation.jpg

I look like the one in the middle and I'm desperate to look like last one! Don't fail me p90x!
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I look worse than you and I get facebook "looking great" things because they know I've lost 70lbs and they better say it.

You look great. Don't let the jealous people hold you back lol
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    You look amazing! You look fit and toned! Don't let anyone tell you different! I agree with others---I am aiming for for what you have! You look fabulous!
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options

i'd say you are skinny-FIT...which is DEFINITELY a GOOD THING!! just curious...how tall are you?

oh and as far as your friends not commenting on FB, don't worry about it. i try not to get so wrapped up in FB. i know you're not posting pics in order to be complimented but that is what people think...and then they DON'T comment or "like" your photo because they don't want you to blow yourself up. what's important is that you feel good about yourself...and from the way you look in your photo, you should feel very good about yourself. you look amazing!