Replies

• bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Salsa goes great in omelets.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I sliced up a cucumber and dipped that in it.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Kale chips.
    Sweet potato wedges.
    On eggs.
    On top of a little grilled halloumi.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Dip in with your carrot sticks, celery sticks (any other raw, fresh vegetables); cucumber slices, green beans (I'd blanch them), asparagus (blanch again), sweet bell pepper strips (red, yellow, orange)
  • Paradis
    Options
    Mixed in with egg whites, top chicken and on top of lettuce for a salad dressing.I am loving the potato idea.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I eat salsa with almost anything. Love it on eggs, chicken, veggies, pasta, you name it. I also make baked pita chips with the flax seed pitas and dip those.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I use salsa for everything. 2 Tbsp on a garden salad is usually only 10 aclories or so, and it's plenty to coat everything. I put it on rice and baked potatos, too (butter and sour cream are verboten!). The slow cooker ideas are good, too. You can always freeze some and use it for all day cooking this winter. Use it instead of ketchup on hamburgers and hot dogs. Endless possibilities!
  • 62clpowell
    62clpowell Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I take 1/2 cup salsa & mix it with 2 tbsp of non fat sour cream and top off my baked potatoe...so yummy with that touch of spice :-)
  • alison0511
    Options
    These are great ideas! I will definitely be trying some. I make great fresh salsa, but hardly eat it because I don't want the calories from chips. Thanks for bringing it up! :smile:
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    Options
    cucumber slices!!

THIS!
  • feather314
    Options
    Salad topper, egg topper, potato topper, chicken topper... the choices are endless really.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Salsa is great with a lot of things, Try it on scrambled eggs, over a baked potato, mixed with rice, make some red beans and rice top with salsa too, over burgers or veggie burgers, mix with corn and red peppers, I like to saute mushrooms and top with salsa. Try different salsas too I really like the Peach or Pineapple Salsa. Have a great day
  • NikkiBMomof2
    NikkiBMomof2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CELERY!!!!
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I take the mission extra thin corn tortilla and cut them in triangles spray a little pam on them and bake them. You can have 4 shells (32 triangles) for 160 calories. Taste really yummy. You don't need to make that many if you don't want to.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Plain pretzel chips. Not the crackers, the flat pretzels. 10 cals per pretzel and they are pretty big.
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm from New Mexico, so salsa and chile are used in EVERYTHING! I quite like salsa in fat free cottage cheese.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Mix some salsa with plain (or classic or traditional) pasta sauce and saute shrimp or chicken in it.
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    I throw it into homemade chili
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I live on salsa I use it on:
    grilled salmon
    grilled or baked chicken
    chili
    eggs
    rice
    salad
    mix it with fat free cream cheese and use as a dip for fresh veggies
    baked potato
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    I make salsa a LOT. Mainly use it like a relish on the side of whatever I'm eating - livens up all sorts of meals. Also use it inside wraps and pitta breads, with some beans or chicken or roast veg.

Good on rice-cakes or Ryvita too, specially with a slice of avocado or cheese on top.