Dropped out for 9 months - need new friends

Options
While I dropped out I did lose some weight, but I have started to put that back on. My first goal is to get back under 300 pounds while also increasing my conditioning. Side goal is to rid myself of diet soda. I currently drink 2 - 2 liters a day. And get headaches if I don't have the caffeine, and headaches it seems from too much caffeine.

I'm a dude (35) from Avon, Indiana. I am a software engineer that sits at a keyboard for 10 hours a day easily. So I truly need to get up and get going.

I like walks on the beach... wait.. wrong board. and never mind I'm married.

OK. I like to joke, so if anyone wants a pal that is a tad bit out there... I'm the guy.

Replies

• Morfein
    Morfein Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hoping to get a few more friends!!

Help me beat diabetes! ha
  • Morfein
    Options
    Alright... I must look like a psycho as the response to my requesting of friends has been.. .lets say. Not overwhelming.

So my last "bump" of thread and hope that some of you show me some love.

Thanks.
  • aaudreyt
    Options
    I just started today and have no clue how to add friends or any of that, but I would be glad to be your friend, love your sense of humor and good job on taking care of you!!
  • MrsSnelly
    MrsSnelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't usually add male friends, as I'm married and don't want to get anyone sketchy on my friends list. However, you sound a lot like my husband in terms of lifestyle - he too is a software programmer and addicted to caffeine; something about the lifestyle, huh?! I would love to hear how you are beating the cravings, etc. As for the caffeine headaches, it's a rough few days but if you can get past the first couple days you can make it - I suggest hitting it on a weekend if you can, or whatever your days off work are so you can just be down and out for those couple days. Drink lots of water, and only indulge in caffeine sparingly while you are getting off it. This is the voice of experience talking, and I tell you it is soooo worth it!! I feel so much better when I'm not drinking caffeinated sodas (never been a coffee/tea drinker, so that's not an issue) and have more energy, ironically enough. Good luck with your journey, I'll send a friend request your way - maybe you can help me figure out how to help my hubby!!
  • Morfein
    Options
    Ha, well thanks for trusting me MrsSnelly. Saying Mrs reminds me of a school teacher and curious if you are one?

Well, if you are like my wife you make subtle hints about exercise and diet that probably goes over his head like mine. What my wife did to truly help me was quit buying the crap that I want from the grocery store. Going to the cabinet and not being to grab a Pringles, while I do miss it, so much better for me. I hate grocery shopping so it pretty much puts them out of reach.

What language does your hubby program in?
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • MrsSnelly
    MrsSnelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    C++, I think? It's not English, that's for sure! hahaha I'm one of those whose eyes glaze over immediately after asking how his latest project is going . . . I try to be supportive of his work, and he knows I don' t understand it, so we get along great! :wink:
    I've tried the hints bit, and it definitely doesn't sink in; even when I say "hey, you should get on the elliptical machine while we watch this show" he's just like, "yeah, I should." And then doesn't. I think he gets a little tired of me pestering him, but it's hard when I come in on a runner's high, not to say something to try and get him moving.

And no, I'm not a school teacher - yet. I have a goal to go back to school someday and finish my teaching degree - Social Studies, Biology, something like that. But as we are still growing our family, it will be a while before I can make it there. Oh well, long term goals keep us moving every day, right?
  • Cseemo
    Cseemo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I dropped from 322lbs down to 208lbs over the course of about 10 months.

In early June I had a bad week and realized I'd only gained a couple pounds (Normally a BAD week for me means +10lbs on the scale). The rest of June I didn't focus too well on diet or exercise and found myself up about 10lbs total...not bad -- even though I was A LOT more flabby.

Long story short, as of today I'm up to 238.5 -- so I've gained over 30lbs and HAVE to get BACK IN CONTROL.

I'm here with you...good luck!