Be Serious Please!

Options

Replies

• nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i have always been told and always keep telling myself(especially on bad weigh ins) that the slower it comes off the longer it stays off.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    To not expect an achievement to improve my self esteem. A love for self and knowing that I am worth it will make achievements (improved health) more easily obtainable.

This., ^
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    1. log everything, good, bad and ugly
    2. food scale is the best tool ever.
    3. your weight doesn't determine your health on day to day. the scale isn't the last word.
    4. do what works for you and don't care what others say about it.
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The scale doesn't matter. It's about how you feel, how your clothes fit, and your muscle tone.

Im always telling myself this also because i dont see the difference...even 52 lbs later or even from 3 months ago but im down almost 2 sizes in 3 months
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options

So the best advice I've gotten (or realized, really) is that people who should know what they are talking about, people you trust, don't always know what they are talking about.

very well said!
  • pithole
    pithole Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to anyone. You are doing this on your own for yourself. Bottom Line. No one has the answer to your problem. As soon as people figure out what you are doing they will offer you their magical advice even if you don't want it. You are your own person who needs their own routine. With support you can find something that works for you, just don't be swayed by what is working for others.
  • It's a tie between "log absolutely everything, good and bad" and "purchase a kitchen scale as soon as you can afford it".

This is good!!

: D
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between "log absolutely everything, good and bad" and "purchase a kitchen scale as soon as you can afford it".

This - but the first one has the addendum - you are only lying to yourself if you don't ;)
  • Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Be prepared for your hunger!!! Any plan - no matter how good - will fail if you have nothing healthy at hand when hunger strikes!

Also, be sure to focus on Non-scale Victories as well - the scale fluctuates with water retention and such but do we have more energy? Are our pants a little looser? Success!!!

Oh, and....watch your sodium intake - it is a silent sabotager!
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I love to get ideas from my MFP friends.What is the one most important piece of advise that has helped you get to where you are?

Eat clean.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    If you don't constantly set goals for yourself and fight to reach them, you'll end up at a stand-still.

Fitness goals will motivate you when no set of digital numbers can.

Don't be scared to enjoy your personal victories. Part of what will keep you glued to your health and fitness is allowing those little goals to build up your confidence. You don't have to be scared of success. You don't have to regret putting time into your own self improvement.

Plan. Revise the plan. Adhere to the plan. If it doesn't work, revise the plan again. You are worth all the little moments you invest.

Do it until it's habit.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself and don't focus so much on the number on the scale as much as how you feel/how your clothes fit..
  • DangerSass
    DangerSass Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Food is not the enemy, believe in yourself always, most of this is mental.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Food is not the enemy, believe in yourself always, most of this is mental.

Sass knows what's up ^^ Love this!
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Aside from all the other great advice already given...

You will live up, or down, to your own expectations. Believe in yourself. Have faith in yourself. Respect yourself.

And...

Sleep is a weapon. Use it.
  • kayyydee_cancel
    Options
    Don't go by what the scale says. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. Invest in a soft measuring tape to measure with!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Best advice I have had is from one of my child hood friends who is now a body builder. He shared the advice on fb and I just recently told him that his advice is what kicked my butt into gear.

He said that for change to happen we have to tell our brain to shut up and prove it wrong. No matter what we have to remember that this is a commitment, it isn't an interest. Like our jobs we go to work because we are committed to our family to provide for them because we love them. As for this life style we should love ourselves enough to commit to ourselves in a healthier lifestyle.
  • coppercat25
    coppercat25 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    BUMP! First of all this thread is amazing and inspiring!

Second...advice...not so much as what I have learnt:

The hardest part is not when you are at the gym/exercising sweating your a** off for me it's motivating myself to a ctually do it. To motivate myself I look at threads like this on mfp, or the success stories topics. And you know what? I always feel better for a good work out, and it inspires me to do more.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    That this isn't a race. You're accountable to you and only you. If you feel like walking one day, walk. If you feel like running the next, run. The end goal can still be the same without going full sprint the whole time. Let yourself slow down sometimes.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    1. Slow Down - Putting my fork/spoon down between bites allowed me to feel that I was full much sooner than just continuing to eat until I was STUFFED and saved me hundreds of calories daily.

2. Buy a scale and stop trusting the labels regarding how much the bread slices / buns weigh :P weigh everything and be cognizant that 1 "cup" in USA is NOT THE SAME as 1 cup in Canada. This is important when picking which food to use to track from the database.

3. Do what works for you ;)