Salmon????

Options
Although I have never been one to like very many types of seafood, I have decided to start trying more fish. I know its a great source of protein and I really need to curb away from beef! I decided to make salmon for the 1st time tonight and was hoping some of you had some ideas on cooking/seasoning it?Tips anyone?!

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I personally like baked salmon drizzled with honey and sprinkled with pepper. Oh so yummy. Wow, I guess I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    If you live some where warm/don't mind grilling in the snow/have a Foreman, try sprinkling it with McCormick steak seasoning (but watch the sodium) and wrap it in foil and throw it on the grill.

Mmmm, I LOVE salmon! :love:
  • lifeaccordingtolily
    Options
    We had salmon burgers the other night and they were awesome!!!!!
  • niktopnotch
    niktopnotch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love making Salmon... it is simple to make and only takes about 20 mins or so to make. You can put anything on it based on your taste buds and what you like. I usually use Lawrys seasoining salt, garlic salt, pepper, and basil... you can also drizzle lemon juice on it while it's cooking... eating it with hot sauce and even bbq sause gives a different taste when its finished. With salmon you can season it with several seasonings without it tasting salty... unlike talpia because with talpia it's thin and you have to be careful not to over season it.
  • NjTex
    NjTex Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love Salmon but Tilapia is much lighter and is a less fatty fish...Try Cajun seasonings and bake it.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I like Dill and Lemon juice with salmon.
  • lwest008
    lwest008 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mmm, I love salmon - in fact, I had it last night! I made a foil pack for it, squeezed the juice of a lemon on top, drizzled a little olive oil over the fish and sprinkled dried dill across the top. Wrapped up the pacakage and baked it at 350 for about 25-30min. It take a bit longer (about 10 min) to cook in the foil package but the results are a moist tasty piece of salmon. Mmmm.....

I also do another foil pack salmon but season it with garlic, sliced ginger and low sodium soya sauce - another yummy option, but both totally different.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE salmon. I put mine in the oven with a little water in the pan and bake or broil. I love to put a ton of seaoning on it, like cajun blackened. Sometimes I just love it with lemon pepper or garlic. It is great served with couscous and steamed vegetables.
  • karensp
    karensp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    oooh I had forgotten about Salmon!! I only ever have it in summer.. don't know why!!

I love it wrapped in tin foil in the oven with lemon juice and pepper on it.. sometimes cut up some peppers and mushrooms and throw them in too

my daughter loves salmon with philadelphia on the top wrapped in foil and in the oven

mmmmmm
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm having salmon tonight too!! I like to put some olive oil in a dish and add some garlic, basil & oregano and mix it all together. Then spread it on the salmon and bake in the oven or on the grill.
  • ers1012
    Options
    Grilled with cracked black pepper. Served with wasabi paste, grated fresh ginger and a splash of light soy sauce or tamari.