6 Month User, 1st time poster (Need help to push through)

Options
2»

Replies

• Hi Jonathan

Do you cook?
    Do you eat out or eat takeaways?
    Do you eat microwave meals?
    Do you drink any water?

From looking at your Diary it looks like you are eating to much fat & salt.

if you can cook I may be able to give some ideas.

I am willing to try & help you if you would like me to.

Anne

Hi thanks for the response. This past weekend wasnt indicative of how i normally eat. I was "bad" due to football kickoff weekend. I dont eat out a lot and typically eat home cooked or ocassional microwave meals. Let me give you a short idea of what i may normally eat in a day:

BREAKFAST: almost always its a Kroger brand Carbmaster Yogurt and sometimes a peice of fruit or a Stila Bar as well. Every once in a while ill have a protein shake or eggs whites and a few slices of bacon instead but my breakfast normally is not more than 60-200 CALORIES.

LUNCH: most often ill have a salad with some kind of chicken or meat or a sandwich on 35 calorie bread or the 100 calorie sandwich thins and i use a little lunch meat, a slice of cheese, low calorie tomato pesto, and no other sauces. the other thing i eat semi-often may be a health choice or lean cuisine microwave meal thats no more than 300 or so calories, alot of times less. When i do eat out its Subway or the fresco healthy tacos from Taco Bell. once in a while ill have a single slice of pizza. i also may bring leftover from home if there are some.

DINNER: TONS of broccoli and leans cuts of meat. i do add in some other vegetables and i also eat lots of salad as well. I will eat some brown rice but i typically AVOID CARBS such as pasta, rice, noodles, potatoes.

SNACKS: very random here but i will normally stick to one serving of whatever i eat. some examples are 100 calorie snack packs, wheat thins, almonds, some jerky, snap pea crisps, fruit, maybe goldfish. i do almost always avoid potato chips and other fatty snacks. recently have tried to mix in some protein bars and may have half of one before i run/walk.

I drink usually once a week on the same night every week and its about 6-8 drinks. I do not smoke. I drink almost solely WATER, Crystal Light, Gatorade G2, Diet Snapple, some MIO. I do have a few diet sodas a week.

Hopefully this information can help you to help me :)
  • I haven't looked at your food diary so I'm not going to respond on that, but what I've noticed is that I have to constantly change how I'm working out and when I find that I'm slowing down and reaching a plateau I kick it up a notch. I'm not a runner so I do mainly weight lifting with aerobics classes in between. On those weeks when I want to kick it up, I will add another day of aerobics or I'll adjust my weight lifting routine.

I also had a trainer tell me to up my protein intake when I was reaching a plateau so I've added a second protein shake to my day each day. Perhaps you can increase your protein intake that way without increasing your food consumption too much since you're not really hungry...and yes, protein is necessary whenever you eat.

That being said, you are going to get a lot of varying thoughts and opinions so you might have to try out different things to see what works best for you.

Great job on the 40 lbs! Here's hoping you can find something to kick start the movement again.

thank you. suggestions for protein besides meat, nuts, and protein shakes? you seem to have the right idea
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at your food diary so I'm not going to respond on that, but what I've noticed is that I have to constantly change how I'm working out and when I find that I'm slowing down and reaching a plateau I kick it up a notch. I'm not a runner so I do mainly weight lifting with aerobics classes in between. On those weeks when I want to kick it up, I will add another day of aerobics or I'll adjust my weight lifting routine.

I also had a trainer tell me to up my protein intake when I was reaching a plateau so I've added a second protein shake to my day each day. Perhaps you can increase your protein intake that way without increasing your food consumption too much since you're not really hungry...and yes, protein is necessary whenever you eat.

That being said, you are going to get a lot of varying thoughts and opinions so you might have to try out different things to see what works best for you.

Great job on the 40 lbs! Here's hoping you can find something to kick start the movement again.

thank you. suggestions for protein besides meat, nuts, and protein shakes? you seem to have the right idea

Egg whites, low fat cheese and chia seeds are other ways I incorporate protein. Also, my favorite breakfast cereal is now Kashi cereals, many of which have protein and fibre...great way to start the day.
  • Kat082
    Options
    Well, keep up the good work!!! Stick to your C25K plan! i am running my first 1/2 marathon in two weeks. The Philly Rock 'N' Roll 1/2 Marathon. And believe it or not, i used to hate running when i was in high school. But i decided now that i am done having my kids and they are in preschool/kindergarten that i would give it a try again! So i started with a goal of running 3 minutes straight then taking walking breaks in between. I just kept building and building on those 3 minutes and now i am running 12-13 miles at a time. You can do it, it just takes a little time! Glad you are posting on here now! Good luck!
  • Well, keep up the good work!!! Stick to your C25K plan! i am running my first 1/2 marathon in two weeks. The Philly Rock 'N' Roll 1/2 Marathon. And believe it or not, i used to hate running when i was in high school. But i decided now that i am done having my kids and they are in preschool/kindergarten that i would give it a try again! So i started with a goal of running 3 minutes straight then taking walking breaks in between. I just kept building and building on those 3 minutes and now i am running 12-13 miles at a time. You can do it, it just takes a little time! Glad you are posting on here now! Good luck!

thanks Kat. its nice to hear from someone that worked from the non run to really being able to do it. How long did it take you from the 3 miles to your current ability? Sounds like you did interval training kinda like my couch to 5K is. WOW 3minutes to 13 miles. Thats commendable.....and insane lol. :)