ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• ZeldaCat
    Options
    Jenna423 - Welcome, it's good to have you! Wow, I can't believe you burned 800 calories!! I'm really enjoying the Burn Circuits, but I too have a hard time with the cardio. Feel free to check in with us anytime :smile:

txcwgirl - Welcome as well! I am personally very familiar with starting programs and not sticking with them, hopefully this thread will help keep us all accountable! Good luck :wink:

Burn Intervals and W2D2 of C25K for me tonight...
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good Luck everyone on your workouts..today is my rest day.....
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Today has been hades at work.... it's almost 3pm here and I feel like I've done nothing but spin my wheels all day (with still a TON left to do of course). :explode:

I did C25K - week 1 day 2 last night..... I think I'm going to do day 3 tonight. I had planned on tomorrow morning, but I feel the need to run it off. :smokin:
  • ChaslovesBrian
    ChaslovesBrian Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Wanted to give an update. Almost through the Burn Phase. Thursday will be the start of the Push phase. I have to say I already feel so much stronger. You can actually see my biceps! Woohoo. And my cellulite in my thighs is also going away! Thank you squats and lunges! So far, I have lost 3.5 pounds in this first month. Not too bad, but I'm in a weight loss competition at work and really need to get those pounds off! I've also lost 1 inch in my waist and 1/2 inch in my bust. (Boo!) I think I may have lost an inch in my hips, too, but I'm not sure because I find it so hard to measure there! I'm never really sure if I'm in the right spot or not. :ohwell:

Not crazy about burn intervals, so I haven't really been doing that. I think I will give it a try again this week. I have just been doing interval training at the gym on an elyptical or treadmill. I'll try the Burn It Off/Recharge again on Tuesday as well.

Just thought you all might be interested in my results so far. Good luck! And keep up the good work ladies!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Hey everyone, hope you had a great weekend! Today will mark the beginning of week 4 for me, yay! I know what you mean Chas, I too can feel myself getting stronger which is neat as I have always been super weak (especially in my upper body)!

Hope you all have a great week!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Also starting week 4. I'm also feeling much stronger and looking forward to moving into Push. IMO that is one of the best parts of CE switching it up just as you begin to get comfortable.
  • gottagetitoff
    Options
    I finished p90x and started Chalean...I finished phase 1 but had to stop because I had surgery and couldn't lift weights for 6 weeks post op. I am starting again today and can't wait!! I saw more of a change in my body in 30 days than I did in 90 days of p90x.

Do it...you'll love it!! It's much less of a time committment as well. Most days are 30 minutes as opposed to 90 min on p90x..

Hope that helps.

Have you done shakeology?
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    I finished p90x and started Chalean...I finished phase 1 but had to stop because I had surgery and couldn't lift weights for 6 weeks post op. I am starting again today and can't wait!! I saw more of a change in my body in 30 days than I did in 90 days of p90x.

Do it...you'll love it!! It's much less of a time committment as well. Most days are 30 minutes as opposed to 90 min on p90x..

Hope that helps.

Have you done shakeology?

Thanks for the info! I have heard all about Shakeology but have not tried it, I've never really had any sort of protein/recovery shakes and that sort of thing..What is Shakeology all about?
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend.......I am curious about the Shakeology thing as well!!
  • immacookie
    Options
    Starting week 2 here! No weight or inches lost yet... I'm hoping my body just needs to catch up to working out and eating right.... :huh:

I'm redoing Week 1 of C25K though.
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sorry it takes me so long to get back to you guys! I bought a Heart Rate Monitor to get a better idea of calories I'm burning. It was definitely worth buying because not only is it easier to monitor calories but its a motivator when you look down at it and see how much your actually burning. I'm usually pleasantly surprised when I'm finished! Especially with those cardio workouts that I struggle with.

I'm struggling with this diet yet again... I seem to always derail on Saturdays and then beat myself up on Sunday for it (so i eat more stuff I shouldn't) and then Monday comes and I'm feeling like I'm starting all over again. It also doesn't help that I was so sore on Friday that I didn't work out, Saturday I ended up way too busy(and still very sore), and then yesterday I had no excuse other than I felt tired and couldn't get motivated enough to get up off my butt. Ugh... :frown:

Sorry for ranting, but it feels good to get that off my mind... Hope everyone else is doing well! I'll try to check in again later. :flowerforyou:
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Jenn423 - I know exactly what you mean, I derail on weekends consistently (maybe the only thing I do consistently :grumble: ) and then tell myself I will start over on Monday. And, well I'm sick of doing that!

I got a HRM as well and I love seeing how many calories I'm burning and whether I need to step it up or down a notch for my heart rate to be at the right spot. I have a hard time with those too...I prefer doing my C25K program but I know I should be doing them both!

Good luck this week!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Last night was BC 3 for me - wow! Every single exercise in that has either a squat or a lunge in it!

Today is a school day, so C25K W3D1 in between classes and Pilates on my second break. It's gonna be a busy day : )
  • immacookie
    Options
    What kind of HRM do you guys have? My DH has one that I tried to use the last time I did C25K and every time I would jog it would freak out and display all sorts of weird numbers - I think maybe the chest strap was bouncing around too much or something, but I had it on tight enough that it left marks on my ribs.... :noway:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My HRM is a Polar F6 -

Relaxing with a real Rest Day ( my only one in the week:drinker: )
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend.......I am curious about the Shakeology thing as well!!

Being a beachbody coach I had to give Shakeology a try! I'll be the first to tell you I was skeptical. I've tried so many shakes and never liked them. Shakeology is different! OMG, I'm obsessed with the chocolate, but greenberry is good too. If you like chocolate shakes (and who doesn't :laugh: ) then I would definitely recommend Shakelogy.

It's also easy to make. I make mine with just some milk (soy, cow's or almond ) and a banana and some ice. It's so easy and sooooooo good!

There is no way that I could get that many nutrients in my diet and with Shakelogy I know I'm doing my body good!

If this tells you anything - my husband even loves it :wink:

You can check out my Beachbody link below to check out the product! If you have any questions feel free to email me!
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just purchased ChaLean. I have 2.5 more weeks of P90x and then I'll start ChaLean! Can't wait!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Good Morning - I almost didn't get to run yesterday but I made myself do it right before bed and I was very proud! This week was run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, then run 3 minutes and walk 3 minutes repeated twice - I can't believe I actually ran 3 minutes without stopping!! That may not sound impressive to the runners out there but for me...it is!

gmreber - Congrats on ordering ChaLEAN and thanks for the info on Shakeology. I guess my question about it is: is it supposed to be a protein shake of sorts, a recovery drink, a meal re-placer or what? Also does it contain a lot of calories? I am trying to become less and less concerned with calories and more with carb/protein/fat ratios but I still want to make sure I do not go over when I don't need to...

Have a great day everyone!
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Just purchased ChaLean. I have 2.5 more weeks of P90x and then I'll start ChaLean! Can't wait!

I just got my ChaLean!!!!! I am so excited.....I was so busy with AJ (my 20 month old) that I have not opened the box, but I am going to tonight to read the materials...

My skeptical husband has decided to do this with me (he has been back and forth for weeks) and we are out to buy the weights over the weekend and start on Monday!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day

ZeldaCat---Holy crap it got cold, huh?
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Congratulations Melissa! I wish my boyfriend would do it with me but he claims it's only for women, whatever!

Oh man, it is sooooo cold, I had to walk outside a lot yesterday to get to my classes and it was torturous!