Help me plan my lunch!

Options
I am just about to take my lunch break and I am feeling famished. I know that my planned lunch of greens with tuna won't cut it.

Any suggestions about what I could add to help fill the gap? I'm thinking something high in protein, since that will likely keep me full longest, and will keep my closest to my macros.

Thoughts? Brilliant suggestions?

Replies

• MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I should have posted this a little earlier. :-)

Off to the store to get me a chicken breast.
  • CLDKess
    Options
    I don't know what your dietary preferences are but I tend to eat left overs from the night before at lunch. Do you like to cook? There is a blog/website devoted to healthy recipes. Check out skinnytaste.com
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We tend to have higher calorie meals in the evening, and usually I like to keep my lunch fairly light. But if we have something light-ish leftover and I haven't earmarked it for my kids to eat for lunch the next day, I will often bring that.

I usually am quite happy with my greens and tuna, as long as I have some other high-protein foods for snacks. But today I didn't have any protein between breakfast and lunch and I was feeling it. A chicken breast filled the bill quite nicely and only cost me something like 90 cals.

Thanks for the recommendation of skinnytaste.com. I have heard about it before, but for some reason have never checked it out. I will do that!