If you could go back and change 1 thing?

Options

Replies

• mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I would have taken better care of myself-- health wise

There must be something else..this is as an adult surely???
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I would have taken high school MUCH more seriously.
    Getting a free ride at FSU would have been a lot cheaper then paying for FAU out of my pocket.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Everything that has happened to me has brought me to where I am today and made me the person I am now, and for the sake of that I would not change a thing.

However if I had to pick one thing it would have been to cut off contact with my family as soon as I was old enough to leave home, or at least severely reduced their control/influence over my life. It probably would have saved a lot of pain, not just for me but also my husband, son, friends, in laws. But everything is a learning experience and at the very least I have learned a hell of a lot and at that time I didn't know enough to do what had to be done.
  • mermx
    Options
    Bought shares in Apple.

Better than `facebook` lmao
  • mermx
    Options
    Everything that has happened to me has brought me to where I am today and made me the person I am now, and for the sake of that I would not change a thing.

However if I had to pick one thing it would have been to cut off contact with my family as soon as I was old enough to leave home, or at least severely reduced their control/influence over my life. It probably would have saved a lot of pain, not just for me but also my husband, son, friends, in laws. But everything is a learning experience and at the very least I have learned a hell of a lot and at that time I didn't know enough to do what had to be done.

Awesome job to you for getting to that part of your life!!!! Sometimes things have to be `done` to get us on a better road
  • Skysthelimit25
    Options
    i wish i would of never got on that bus to come to alabama... i just of stayed i oceansprings and finished school. id already been an r.n and have it made rather then having to struggle day in and day out..
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I would've stayed home on prom night!!

I wouldn't change anything but this ^^^ is tempting.
  • mermx
    Options
    i wish i would of never got on that bus to come to alabama... i just of stayed i oceansprings and finished school. id already been an r.n and have it made rather then having to struggle day in and day out..

aww honey, life will not always be a struggle. Things happen for a reason:-)
  • tr33p1g
    Options
    I would've taken studies more seriously in high school

Same here
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I made a career decision several years ago and I wish I could know where I'd be today if I'd made the other choice... I'm happy with where I am, but sometimes wonder what was at the end of the other path. Life would be very different, for sure.

Other than that, lots of small things I'd like to go back & fix, but nothing catastrophic.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I would not have bought real estate.
  • DivineRED1
    DivineRED1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have taken Paxil for anxiety and gained 30lbs.

hmm yep but would you feel better or worse for not taking the meds???

Well.. after I put the weight gain connection together I got off Paxil and didn't replace it b/c I'm afraid all SSRIs will cause weight gain. So... I still have the anxiety and the weight.

There was a time when I was eating really clean and vegan, I felt great. I had a lot of energy. I lost weight. My skin looked good. I thought I could go back to eating processed foods but still feel that way. Wrong. Fresh and clean is really where I'm trying to get back to. I don't really like to cook so that's part of why I stopped being so diligent, so I'd change that time too and continue with the clean eating path.
  • mermx
    Options

ouch!! property is a big let down now!
  • DivineRED1
    Options

Oh why is that? Did you buy income property or are you referring to your personal home?
  • DivineRED1
    Options
    I wouldn't have had the gum grafting procedure done last week. I did it mostly for aesthetic reasons but the procedure was ghastly and the recovery is more than I bargained for.

What exactly is that?
  • DivineRED1
    Options
    I would've stayed home on prom night!!

Oooh there's a story there.
  • mermx
    Options

Well.. after I put the weight gain connection together I got off Paxil and didn't replace it b/c I'm afraid all SSRIs will cause weight gain. So... I still have the anxiety and the weight.

There was a time when I was eating really clean and vegan, I felt great. I had a lot of energy. I lost weight. My skin looked good. I thought I could go back to eating processed foods but still feel that way. Wrong. Fresh and clean is really where I'm trying to get back to. I don't really like to cook so that's part of why I stopped being so diligent, so I'd change that time too and continue with the clean eating path.

Aww hun, you are sounding that you are making a big change and it is not good that you still have the anxiety, I have been there too...I suffered panic attacks for a long time...if you want to add me I may be able to help a little?
  • barbiesoler
    barbiesoler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I never would have started smoking in h/s; then I would not have had to quit & end up gaining 60 pounds !!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    There are lots of "one things" I would love to change - only problem being, that would change some positives, too.

If I don't think about that, I would change what I studied in college... would have became a nurse instead.

Pretty sure the entire course of my life would be different...
  • DivineRED1
    Options

Aww hun, you are sounding that you are making a big change and it is not good that you still have the anxiety, I have been there too...I suffered panic attacks for a long time...if you want to add me I may be able to help a little?

Aww thanks! I have generalized anxiety disorder. I've had it since I was a kid. I dont really get panic attacks. I had one big one once. Now if I feel like I'm getting too anxious, I tell myself to calm down and breath deeply. I have daily anxiety though, physical symptoms like tight jaws mostly. Some days I take Xanax just to get my muscles to relax, the headache to stop, and the feeling like energy is rolling thru my body. I started working out again, I'm hoping that helps too. Trying to take care of it through nutrition and exercise.