Chins... did you have success losing those with your weight?

Options
So, my father had "jowls" and blast it, I as a heavy person have that fatty layer under my chin, going down my neck. It's just unsightly. So, I'm wonder if any of you had success with them thinning/firming (dare I hope disappearing) when you lost weight. What do you recommend? Is there hope for a more slender neck with weight loss? Would love your experience, thoughts, advice.

Replies

• duggansean
    Options
    interested is this too, think mine's improving with weight loss but i'd love to have a good jawline, it's one thing I find really attractive in both sexes.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I had a double chin when I started. The second chin disappeared as I lost weight. I didn't do anything special, just overall loss. I'm pretty sure my neck/jowls won't get any smaller.
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have very much lost some of my chins. it can happen just keep at it.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't have a whole lot of weight to lose, but that was the first thing that noticeably disappeared for me.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Triple chins here when I started. Now have only one, skin is still a little loose - working on that!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I have the same problem. No matter how thin I was in my younger years, I still always sported chipmunk cheeks. After my first daughter was born, I carried a lot of weight in my face. No matter how much I've slimmed down since, I still have that unglorious turkey wattle under my chin. I hate it. It's the most self conscious part that exists on my body. I've lost 14 pounds since Memorial Day and it still hasn't reduced the appearance of the wattle. Makes my head look like it hangs forward and I swear adds 10 years to my appearance.

So yes, I too would love to hear a positive answer to this question that doesn't involve expensive cosmetic surgery (though if I were independently wealthy, it's the first procedure I'd have)!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    7435887864_7511d3a0cd.jpg

The difference in my husband is 16kg the difference in me is 24kg.
  • LikesVeges
    LikesVeges Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I have the same problem. No matter how thin I was in my younger years, I still always sported chipmunk cheeks. After my first daughter was born, I carried a lot of weight in my face. No matter how much I've slimmed down since, I still have that unglorious turkey wattle under my chin. I hate it. It's the most self conscious part that exists on my body. I've lost 14 pounds since Memorial Day and it still hasn't reduced the appearance of the wattle. Makes my head look like it hangs forward and I swear adds 10 years to my appearance.

So yes, I too would love to hear a positive answer to this question that doesn't involve expensive cosmetic surgery (though if I were independently wealthy, it's the first procedure I'd have)!

Yes.... "unglorious turkey wattle"..... horrid name, but that's what it is!! Thank for the responses and encouragement.... you guys/gals look great in the photos!! Jack LaLaine has like a zillion YouTube facial exercises. I wonder if I should start some of those.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have lost some of my "turkey neck" but not all. Still working on it though - maybe it will get smaller the more I lose. If not, then I guess some type of neck exercises may help. Will have to research this though.