Having a hard food day.

Options
I just want to open a bag of chips and drive in head first. Fortunately I don't have any chips and I have no reason to leave the house. Mostly healthy things around. I do have a bag of dark chocolate kisses in the freezer. Not a big chocolate person so able to resist them so far. I don't really need to eat. I just want to eat. I am kind of dehydrated, so sipping on my water and trying to block my food urges. It's almost 6pm, but I could do a lot of damage before bed. Just hanging on by a thread here.

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Do something that makes it tough to eat.

Paint your nails--that'll kill a half hour unless you want nail polish all over the freezer.

Clean something

Go for a walk.

Brush your teeth and go to bed.

Do some stretching exercises--maybe paying attention to your body will make you want to be nice to it. :)

Draw a nice relaxing bath with candles and the whole 9 yards.
  • Christineab
    Christineab Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Pull out a picture of yourself before you lost 61 pounds....take a long look at the old you....were you happy.....are the chips now worth it?
  • printred25
    printred25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    stay focus and this too shall past, good luck
  • yummymummy2013
    yummymummy2013 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Last night when I went to bed I was so hungry thinking of breakfest and if i sleep quicker it gets me closer to that next meal i was in pain because I was hungry I fought it and ended up drinking water and falling asleep and my breakfest was very yummy and i took my time eating my breakfest which helped me to be satisfied enough to lunch time. It is very tough but you can do this!!
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I want some red wine and dark chocolate. It sounds sooooo good.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem last night, I had a winge to my partner who suggested going for a walk, I walked for about 25 minutes at a very high pace (I hate jogging) and when I was done I wasn't even hanging for a snack! I don't know if it works for everyone but it definatley helped me!
  • LikesVeges
    LikesVeges Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Drink a huge glass of water.

It must be in the air! I just want to chow down on something today. However, my college age daughter drove through Dairy Queen today.....yes, I was in the car (she is skinny). The ice cream pictures made me want to claw the dashboard. Yet, when she had her food I had to roll down my window, as the smell was making me sick to my stomach. So, little victory there.

I do have a theory, though. I think when you feel mad with craving, your body is ready to give up a pound or more and if you push through and eat healthy/good instead, the scale will reward you. Maybe.....
  • LikesVeges
    LikesVeges Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Last night when I went to bed I was so hungry thinking of breakfest and if i sleep quicker it gets me closer to that next meal i was in pain because I was hungry I fought it and ended up drinking water and falling asleep and my breakfest was very yummy and i took my time eating my breakfest which helped me to be satisfied enough to lunch time. It is very tough but you can do this!!

Oooooo, you are strong.... good job.