92 year old shoots burgler. MY HERO

Options
Ruger2506
Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
This man is a hero before he shot that POS burgler. Now he really is a hero.

"A War War II veteran and 92-year-old Kentucky farmer, Jones shot and killed a man who broke into his home early Monday, saying he had no problem aiming "right for the heart" of the would-be thief."

Full story: http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-92-year-old-kills-intruder-20120905,0,1703793.story

Replies

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right. We've been broken into - luckily no bad outcome. however it taught us the need to be able to defend ourselves. We got dogs, a security system and took concealed carry classes - got guns and a membership to the local range to maintain proficiency. I pray I never have to shoot someone, but if they break into my home or attempt to harm me or my family I will not hesitate. I also will aim for center chest.
  • LaurianRocks
    LaurianRocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I agree. He did the right thing and was justified in it.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I am with you. The sad thing where I live, I can't shoot and kill anyone who breaks in my house and is not armed with a gun.
  • Punchabear
    Options
    Glad to see some people aren't on the burglar's side!
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Oh I am sure some human rights freak will come on here and call us all kinds of names and tell us we are wrong and the burglar had rights.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Yes he had the right to stay out of the mans home and respect his property he had free choice to get a job and work for a living so he ignored those rights he had and put himself at risk by breaking in paid the price for his decisions
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Oh I am sure some human rights freak will come on here and call us all kinds of names and tell us we are wrong and the burglar had rights.

Sympathy is in the dictionary, between schieze and syphlis. Any SOB that chooses to tresspass on another is same as threatening them. Especially in their home. Good for the Vet. 1 less SOB. I won't miss either! Another Vet
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yeah! It's awesome when people kill other people for trying to take their stuff!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    i have a sign in my front yard big as Dallas that says "nothing in this house is worth dying for" and we mean it!

Good for this man for protecting his life and his property. We should all have that right!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    That is BIG BIG news here in NKY. I live about 15-20 mins from him and the great thing about this, he shouldnt be charged. At least Kentucky has some good laws still around. That entire street had issues and he has been robbed 3 times before that. The cops actually put motion cams at his house and caught them breaking in. One climed thru the doggy door then let his buddies in. He finally got to put his military training to good use. :)

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    i have a sign in my front yard big as Dallas that says "nothing in this house is worth dying for" and we mean it!
    Good for this man for protecting his life and his property. We should all have that right!
    I knew I'd see my friend Boom in here. You break in my home, you'll get shot too. Not by me- I'm a wimp. But my husband will shoot. This is Texas. We don't play.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I am with you. The sad thing where I live, I can't shoot and kill anyone who breaks in my house and is not armed with a gun.

What are you supposed to do... Ask the guy if he's armed? Frisk him? Not shoot if he only has a knife?
  • boomboom011
    Options

come to Texas! there is plenty of room here and you can shoot an intruder.
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    Castle Doctrine FTW.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

What are you supposed to do... Ask the guy if he's armed? Frisk him? Not shoot if he only has a knife?
    That's exactly what I was thinking! Just HOPE he doesn't have one? lol You took the words right out of my mouth. I have children to live for. I will not take that gamble. My husband and I both are legal gun owners.
  • ScottCadi
    Options
    S&W and Glock in this house. Warning shot happened when they took a shot at thinking I'd be a victim.
  • jjl0412
    Options
    Yeah! It's awesome when people kill other people for trying to take their stuff!

I hope the nice guy knocks or breaks in your door, shows you he has no weapons, and allows you to watch smiling while he pillages your home, leaves your children & spouse alone sleeping in their beds and you can gleefully thank him for being so nice. Good for you!
  • jjl0412
    Options

I have the same sign on my back door.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how flippant ya'll can be about taking someone's life.